Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

inxs88 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Just a shout out to a couple of our players. It was really heartening to see the return of Bruzzy to his former self. Attacked the ball and took it on at every opportunity..great stuff
Whatever WHE did differently during his preparation this week, he needs to keep doing it. :) Wonderful to see some glimpses of the player he was in 2018.
Bruzzy? What an overrated view of his game. For a guy with a Daniel Rich type leg, he cannot hit a meaningful target ever!
FWIW, I thought Maynard was once again very disappointing.
His kicking has gone backwards reminiscent of his early years.
- Side By Side -
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:^ im only saying the Hawks fans are not happy, they are not used to it, you made out they are pefectly happy to lose to North, whom even we beat. Of course Clarko has Premierships, been a great coach, his record dwarfs any other coach in the League. But, Hawk fans are not happy with him and it may well be 70% arent happy,how would u know what the percentage is. ??
I never said they were happy.

I said they weren't banging the drums demanding Clarkson be sacked and are being patient with him because of what he's achieved in the past.

They may be upset by today's performance and attributing some blame to Clarkson for the loss, but that's different to wanting to see the coach depart.

IF they keep losing, that can change pretty fast. It works in our favour anyway, if Bucks does depart, might be easier to get Clarko if the Hawks have a really poor season, even Kennett might want to move him on by then. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Magpietothemax wrote:
think positive wrote:
Great post Jezza
I second that. Jezza your posting of late has really been awesome
One reason lately that i have been coming on to Nicks frequently is to read your posts. You are articulating in an extremely calm and rational manner the thinking of so many ardent pies' fans during this dark hour. My gratitude, brother
Thanks mate.

Nicks is a great outlet to express my thoughts on all things Collingwood.

Really enjoy reading everyone's opinions here, even those I disagree with.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Piesnchess wrote:IF they keep losing, that can change pretty fast. It works in our favour anyway, if Bucks does depart, might be easier to get Clarko if the Hawks have a really poor season, even Kennett might want to move him on by then. :o
True, PNC.

Going to be an interesting few weeks and months ahead.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

^^^^

Do we really want a sacked coach Piesnchess? Oh I don’t know
Last edited by Lazza on Sat May 15, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Any positives from today?
WHE played a game reminiscent of 2018. Let's hope he can reproduce it regularly.
I like McCreery. He is a tackling machine and can put the jets on. He got condemned by some for missing that goal. I don;t think that miss is enough to label him as a "blue collar struggler" who never amount to more than a depth player, as some have suggested.
Maynard played himself into form. Great game from him.
To me, Keane and Wilson looked promising. Wilson did not do alot, but he has courage and was willing to throw his body in and he moves well.
Question: Can Noble play forward? He is a beauty...goes in hard, courage in spades, great pace, excellent kicking skills. If he can, he might add another dimension to our forward line.
Not sure however that we can play him there while Tay is out and Crisp is playing midfield.

Actually, I just had an afterthought. If Trent Bianco has another excellent VFL performance, he could play on the HB Flank, potentially freeing up Noble.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

[quote="Lazza"]^^^^

Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

This is all so ground hog day
Almost every week we continue to speculate regarding the coach whether we win or lose....these days more losing is happening

in Reality the Board or Graham Wright need to make a call on the coach immediately.
There is nothing from Round 1, now or the rest of the year that will make any difference to our season regardless
We either think Buckley is the right person for the job ( i disagree) or we need a new coach....For sure

Surely we already know this therefore continuing with the way we are going is a complete farce.

i say enough is enough. Make the change immediately.

The kids need to be given games. The kids need to get to 50 games as quickly as possible. I can't see us playing finals anytime soon with the current list as it stands.

Change the coach
Install a new game plan
Let the kids learn the new game plan

Its time
The Great Macedonian Marvel
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

[quote="masoncox"][quote="Lazza"]^^^^

Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

thebaldfacts wrote:Maybe we are the third worst team behind Hawthorn and North.
I guess you posted this before they played
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

[quote="Lazza"]^^^^

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

RudeBoy wrote:OK, I get it, most here blame Bucks. That's fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree...

Callum Brown is categorically a liability. Josh Thomas has done sfa since 2018
Who exactly do you think is picking JT EVERY WEEK and CB EVERY OTHER WEEK?? Wrighty? Walshy? Eddie? Korda? Sando? Banger? Dekka? Ned Guy? Matt Rowell??
RudeBoy wrote:(Oliver Henry) Until he develops a man's body and grows some cahunas, he should not be picked in the seniors
Again, who do you think is picking him, his mum??

Growing "cahunas" (not a real word in any language) is your answer for everyone EXCEPT our coach

I don't doubt your passion but your Buckley apologism is getting mighty tedious frankly
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:OK, I get it, most here blame Bucks. That's fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree...

Callum Brown is categorically a liability. Josh Thomas has done sfa since 2018
Who exactly do you think is picking JT EVERY WEEK and CB EVERY OTHER WEEK?? Wrighty? Walshy? Eddie? Korda? Sando? Banger? Dekka? Ned Guy? Matt Rowell??
RudeBoy wrote:(Oliver Henry) Until he develops a man's body and grows some cahunas, he should not be picked in the seniors
Again, who do you think is picking him, his mum??

Growing "cahunas" (not a real word in any language) is your answer for everyone EXCEPT our coach

I don't doubt your passion but your Buckley apologism is getting mighty tedious frankly
Thumbs up to this post, rd101998. Cannot understand why RB keeps believing in Bux.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

And FFS can we stop throwing out terms like 'true supporters' and stuff like that? Who in their right mind would come to read the drivel on this site if they werent???
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:And FFS can we stop throwing out terms like 'true supporters' and stuff like that? Who in their right mind would come to read the drivel on this site if they werent???
Nailed it Wolfie. Who would keep coming regularly to this site if they were not absolutely committed to the Pies??
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins