#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

joemamone@gmail.com

Post by joemamone@gmail.com »

I have changed my critical view of De Goey at least until his criminal matters are dealt with and assuming he is still playing. As a lawyer who has represented numerous clients charged with similar offences I can testify to the incredible emotional turmoil and effect on their daily lives as they await determination of their cases. I suspect De Goey is no different and I would expect the case would be consuming much of his energy and time. So I have decided to cut him some slack for now
Believer
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

joemamone@gmail.com wrote:I have changed my critical view of De Goey at least until his criminal matters are dealt with and assuming he is still playing. As a lawyer who has represented numerous clients charged with similar offences I can testify to the incredible emotional turmoil and effect on their daily lives as they await determination of their cases. I suspect De Goey is no different and I would expect the case would be consuming much of his energy and time. So I have decided to cut him some slack for now
Surely you aren't suggesting that footballers are human?? :) :wink:

Thank you for a compassionate, rational and insightful post.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by K »

think positive wrote:...
his old man was his manager wasnt he?
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/10/26/ ... ns-cleary/

its the gift...!
“How hard do you go; his old man is a fireman and he’s not trained to do this."

How much do firemen earn? Okay, it's public: $1,696.45 per week.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Time to offload this bloke. How hard is it? There are cameras in the change rooms! There has never been a bigger lie than “I will never let you down”.
Target a decent enough forward and Heath Shaw him or a first and second rounder.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

What? Because he pinched a blokes arse pregame? How damn precious is the human race becoming? For me that’s a love tap of encouragement nothing more.

Jordy is copping way too much flack here. It’s not his fault he has 3 huge guys jumping him at every contest, put cox on for a week to take away two defenders and then we will see a different story. But no, the short arses have to cop a pounding. damn dumb.

Watch any match, if Cox is there there is always at least 2 big defenders on him. Even if he’s only a decoy he’s more value than JT,
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Just quietly, "more value than JT" isn't the standard the Club should be aspiring to. We could field 22 players who are all "more value than JT" and still lose every game by 300 points.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

think positive wrote:What? Because he pinched a blokes arse pregame? How $$%^%%$ precious is the human race becoming? For me that’s a love tap of encouragement nothing more.

Jordy is copping way too much flack here. It’s not his fault he has 3 huge guys jumping him at every contest, put cox on for a week to take away two defenders and then we will see a different story. But no, the short arses have to cop a pounding. $$%^%%$ dumb.

Watch any match, if Cox is there there is always at least 2 big defenders on him. Even if he’s only a decoy he’s more value than JT,
Oh in isolation it’s nothing. In this PC Woke world we live in and %$^ up after %$^ up it ads up to a bloke who has talent but not the brain cells to put it together. His purple patches are not worth the everything else that comes with it.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Thought he did alright yesterday, just read a review that suggested moving him to half forward in the 2nd may of been helpful, as the defense was falling in on him deep after quarter time, and I'm inclined to agree.
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:Just quietly, "more value than JT" isn't the standard the Club should be aspiring to. We could field 22 players who are all "more value than JT" and still lose every game by 300 points.
i stand corrected, and i laughed way to hard at that!!!!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Haff wrote:
think positive wrote:What? Because he pinched a blokes arse pregame? How $$%^%%$ precious is the human race becoming? For me that’s a love tap of encouragement nothing more.

Jordy is copping way too much flack here. It’s not his fault he has 3 huge guys jumping him at every contest, put cox on for a week to take away two defenders and then we will see a different story. But no, the short arses have to cop a pounding. $$%^%%$ dumb.

Oh in isolation it’s nothing. In this PC Woke world we live in and %$^$%^&%% up after %$^$%^&%% up it ads up to a bloke who has talent but not the brain cells to put it together. His purple patches are not worth the everything else that comes with it.
neither were Danes Swans at the start of his career, but he was probably worth persisting with!!
MickMCG34

Degoey again

Post by MickMCG34 »

Headlines again for the wrong reasons.
Does he have any sense at all?
Obviously taking the game, NB and team’s performance very seriously and suggests Buckley being ignored by at least some players.
As usual our professional club representatives defending him again!!!!!!
Woodsman forever
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Troll alert.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

I see it opposite. How is it ignoring the coach?
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Media sticking the boot in. Jon Ralph is a tool
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Media beat up.

Re players not listening to bucks, that was evident yesterday. 1st qtr, everyone followed the game plan, then a few just went their own way after that.