#20 Ash Johnson

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
think positive wrote:hehe!!!
this was the day we beat the Tigers in the prelim, hes a Tigers fan!!!!
I don't mind it at all, at least he is passionate about his footy...doubt we will hear too much 'Premierships aren't everything' from him!
Oh god YES!

I think it’s hyst but then I’ve always had a warped sense of humour!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:sooooooo...............there will be no "Bianco" as a child photos for this one????

you could not make this shit up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It might be harsh but he is spot on. I remember some magpie wankers in front of the social club at Victoria Park abusing our own players more than the umpires or the opposition. The more they drank the more feral they became. It used to annoy me but I had to endure it because they would happily get into a fight with fellow Collingwood fans. I’m certain that a few “oldies” here will remember this crap happening. They were total arseholes.
All Clubs have some Wanker Fans
I am Da Man
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

I'm more concerned about his poor English but we recruited him to play footy, so...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:sooooooo...............there will be no "Bianco" as a child photos for this one????

you could not make this shit up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It might be harsh but he is spot on. I remember some magpie wankers in front of the social club at Victoria Park abusing our own players more than the umpires or the opposition. The more they drank the more feral they became. It used to annoy me but I had to endure it because they would happily get into a fight with fellow Collingwood fans. I’m certain that a few “oldies” here will remember this crap happening. They were total arseholes.

Lazza, maaaaate, u should have come down to the Yarra falls end, near the old scoreboard, no such wankers there, just one eyed fans, i stood there for yrs, very rarely saw any trouble at all. Saw some wonderful wins there, my most memorable was the day we smashed Carlton 13 goals to 2, and the day we set fire to the Essendon floggers.! Great place to watch the Pies, except sometimes the toillets would get blocked, and ud be stepping in puddles of urine as u walked in to take a piss. Aside from that, great days, sadly long gone now. ! BTW, before he joined the Magpies, the great Peter Mckenna was a Dons fanatic, hated Collingwood with a passion, so there you go. ! :P :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

https://youtu.be/JPJCq4o2cjo

Ugen Hagen Highlights are bit like Johnson especially the Marking.

Not saying Johnson is any where as good as Ugen Hagen but some Similarities how they Play
I am Da Man
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Maybe Dr. What's-her-name, the newbie on the Board, told Dekka to pick him...
:?: :wink:
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:...
I don't mind it at all, at least he is passionate about his footy...doubt we will hear too much 'Premierships aren't everything' from him!
If we give him a 7-year contract, I'm gonna need CPR.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Social media. Kids. Posting stuff. Who gives a RAT’s?? He’s a Collingwood player.

Let’s GO!
Est. 2002
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

K wrote: Maybe Dr. What's-her-name, the newbie on the Board, told Dekka to pick him...
Yeah, that makes alot of sense. That is why we want her on the board (she is a board member that Browne says he would keep, despite her denunciations of him). She is a mascot we can fly to attract indigenous players. Unfortunately, corporate driven sport can be cynical.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote: Maybe Dr. What's-her-name, the newbie on the Board, told Dekka to pick him...
Yeah, that makes alot of sense. That is why we want her on the board (she is a board member that Browne says he would keep, despite her denunciations of him). She is a mascot we can fly to attract indigenous players. Unfortunately, corporate driven sport can be cynical.
Care to explain this?

Either of you
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Piesnchess wrote:u should have come down to the Yarra falls end, near the old scoreboard, no such wankers there, just one eyed fans... Great place to watch the Pies, except sometimes the toilets would get blocked
Sometimes? We used to be calling out for Monkey to fix the toilets by 3/4 time latest

As for the comparative quality of fans, I heard plenty of racist and homophobic abuse there in the 90s - not to mention the obligatory full cans of VB being hurled at players if we were goals down in the 4th
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:u should have come down to the Yarra falls end, near the old scoreboard, no such wankers there, just one eyed fans... Great place to watch the Pies, except sometimes the toilets would get blocked
Sometimes? We used to be calling out for Monkey to fix the toilets by 3/4 time latest

As for the comparative quality of fans, I heard plenty of racist and homophobic abuse there in the 90s - not to mention the obligatory full cans of VB being hurled at players if we were goals down in the 4th
True some of the fans??? were evil as Lazza says would fight fellow supporters for fun.
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

The Yarra Falls End had its share of fair-weather "fans". I remember, eg, one game against Geelong in about 1984. The rain pelted all day. But someone had to be behind the Geelong goals every quarter to mock Mark Jackson. The task fell mostly to me at that end for two quarters because the usual run of soft lepers from the Yarra Falls End didn't like the weather. That must have been the worst-attended Vic park game for the whole season.

To give him his credit, Jacko was pretty good about it. He probably would have been within his rights to jump the fence and break both my legs.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

neil wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

True some of the fans??? were evil as Lazza says would fight fellow supporters for fun.
The worst thing was that some of these moronic imbeciles would pick on young kids as well
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

One day (in fact, the day Greg Phillips played CHF against Fitzroy) some imbeciles (in Collingwood jumpers, I'm sad to report) down at the Yarra Falls End (under the scoreboard) abused my (now) wife for having the temerity to read a book at halftime. Some of them were seriously threatened by the idea that other supporters could read.