Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Lord Maximus Farquaad

Post by Lord Maximus Farquaad »

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Lord Maximus Farquaad wrote:It’s of course a great feeling to win but those that are saying that we are in good shape for the future are getting just a little bit carried away. We beat the reigning wooden spooner. Narrowly. Because they kicked inaccurately. And because we had an unreliable star ( unreliable because he plays so little) kick 6 goals. A sample of one is not enough to convince me.
Welcome back Jack Spain
As a former sparing partner, good to see you back Jack Spain/Bob Sugar etc.
Sorry but I am not Spanish or sweet.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Lol
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Speaking of old hats, what ever happened to HAL?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I rewatched the game and to be honest we stole that win and I’m glad we did
We deserved a slice of luck for a change
Highly impressed with poulter he’s a player
So because our wins are few and fair between I decided to watch the team song
It was weird seeing the players wear face masks and sing

<So, let's just not publish things that encourage them to look, eh?>
E

Post by E »

K wrote:
warburton lad wrote:...
My understanding is that North are still keen on De Goey- if so, straight swap for number one pick would do the deal- that way we can jag the best available mid and then Nick Daicos in this year's National Draft.
They will offer a straight swap for Stephenson. :shock: :wink:
Id be sad to lose DeGoey. I think he is our only matchwinner. i also think he is young enough to be in his prime in our premiership! He and Moore are the same age, no?
Abdul The Bull

Post by Abdul The Bull »

DeGoey has the ability, to be sure, but his attitude and work rate need a serious adjustment.

DeGoey is the epitome of a down-hill skier. He is lazy defensively and tries to be too cute at contests. He has the build and skill to win contested ball, to out mark opponents one on one and be a genuine lead-up forward, but seems to be far too interested in trying to be spectacular rather than hardworking.

On potential alone he is worth a good price. But, I sincerely hope, he needs to work at his craft and develop himself beyond the 'flash'.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

After finally viewing the game I'm not sure what to take away from it.

Good to get the win away from home and under COVID restrictions but it looked like a contest between two bottom 4 sides if I'm honest.

Elliott and his accuracy was the difference in the end, Poulter, Bianco and Quaynor all look to have a bright future, Maynard is getting back to his best while Crisp continues to win plenty of the ball without much fanfare.

If games against Brisbane and Port were two wins that went begging then we had some good fortune this time around as half way through the 3rd it was 17 scoring shots to 9 and Adelaide should have put us away already.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pies2016 wrote:Couldn’t help but notice how the interstate clubs have been able to draw on the form of all their listed players. All non selected players have still been playing in their state league affiliated clubs over the past couple weeks.
It’s a huge disadvantage to all the Vic clubs who can’t get any time into those who weren’t picked to play seniors. It’s the world we live in but it’s very difficult to develop players when aren’t playing footy. We really need the VFL up and running again much sooner than later.
It's an incredible handicap. We've had 12 months of development of Rantall and Bianco already at the club last year destroyed. Then you add the players we drafted at the end of last year - McInnes, McCrae and Henry. They played no junior football at all last year and come into a club that isn't able to play them in the VFL. And what are we supposed to do with Ash Johnson. Can he keep playing for Sturt?
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

As i watched Callum brown play yet another useless game
Can I clarify please, are you sure you were watching Collingwood vs. Adelaide, Saturday 5 June at the Adelaide Oval?
Brown's served us some crap this year but Saturday afternoon he was definitely a contributor.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Can I clarify please, are you sure you were watching Collingwood vs. Adelaide, Saturday 5 June at the Adelaide Oval?
Brown's served us some crap this year but Saturday afternoon he was definitely a contributor.
I've been one of his harshest critics, but I was impressed with his Adelaide game. Let's hope he continues on with this form.
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

Born to Pie wrote:
matrix10 wrote:It was a hospital kick form Daicos- too high - which allowed the Crows player smash into Thomas and knock the ball their way.
M10 get your eyes tested, don't ever comment when you don't know what you are talking about, the Adelaide player that won the ball was No33 Brodie Smith and he made NO contact with Josh Thomas at all, let alone smash into him, your comment and assertions are in your own words ridiculous.
Just watched again- accept that Thomas was not smashed into- initial recall clearly incorrect-yet maintain the Daicos kick was terrible and JT could really have done not much more.
Abdul The Bull

Post by Abdul The Bull »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Agreed. Callum Brown was a contributor on Saturday and played a valuable part. It appeared (at least to me) that he was aware of his deficiencies and worked around them. I have been critical of the young lad but suspect, like others have mentioned, that he has largely been played out of position. Stick him in the guts as a in and under mid and let him feed the likes of Pendles, Sidey, DeGoey, Elliot, et al. and he will continue to add value to this team.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Keep playing him in the guts. Don't play him in the forward line again.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Agree with most of the comments above. My wish is to see him really improve with experience and form a formidable partnership with his brother. Having the Daicos bros and the Brown bros carve it up next season will be absolutely sensational. Can’t wait for this to happen.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

RudeBoy wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
I've been one of his harshest critics, but I was impressed with his Adelaide game. Let's hope he continues on with this form.
As one of. Down most ardent critics, IF he were actually capable of NOT. Sing caught every time he gets the ball, I may change my mind, but there’s no signs as yet