#20 Ash Johnson

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote: Maybe Dr. What's-her-name, the newbie on the Board, told Dekka to pick him...
:?: :wink:
Yeah, that makes alot of sense. That is why we want her on the board (she is a board member that Browne says he would keep, despite her denunciations of him). She is a mascot we can fly to attract indigenous players. Unfortunately, corporate driven sport can be cynical.
Care to explain this?

Either of you
It is a common strategy both e private and public sectors, for an organisation to bring in an academic, often called a "cross cultural consultant" when addressing allegations of racism. This is precisely what Jodie Sizler represents. One aspect of the role of cross cultural consultants is to refurbish the image of the organisation, to create the perception that positive measures against racism are being taken. There are many examples, particulary in relation to government organisations, where the recommendations of "cross cultural consultants" actually cause further division and angst. Nevertheless, their role is considered essential to project a "progressive face" for the institution. I am definitely not saying that is what Jodie Sizler is doing at Collingwood. i don;t know what her role is, nor what recommendations she is making. My original comment that you asked me to explain was simply observing that Jodie Sizler is an example of a well known and widely used corporate management strategy.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

I think you (and K) are confusing Dr. Bridie O'Donnell, "the newbie on the board", with Jodie Sizer
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Can’t agree at all with what is being said about Jodie Sizer. I think she’s doing a great job. It’s Birdie O’Donnell I have my doubts about.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:Can’t agree at all with what is being said about Jodie Sizer. I think she’s doing a great job. It’s Birdie O’Donnell I have my doubts about.
Maybe she should have an another run on Insiders, could not possibly put in a worse performance than the last one, and if she actually does some preparation this time, could be of some interest to the common fan
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
MatthewBoydFanClub

Both players come across as wonderfully well. I'm only sorry Ash can't continue playing for Sturt if they're not going to pick him in the senior side. On the other hand Begg is in the ideal place working out in the gym at Holden Centre.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Ash seems like a terrific young man. I love that laconic self confidence which many Aboriginal players have. Hope we pull the trigger and give him a senior berth very soon....preferably this monday.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

And seeing as he doesn't yet have a nickname, I hereby anoint him Magic Johnson. 8)
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

^ :D Haven't seen enough of him yet, but I'll take that one!!
No reason why they shouldn't play him soon, like many of you, how about ...... Monday!!!
MatthewBoydFanClub

RudeBoy wrote:Ash seems like a terrific young man. I love that laconic self confidence which many Aboriginal players have. Hope we pull the trigger and give him a senior berth very soon....preferably this monday.
I second that.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Mossi wrote:^ :D Haven't seen enough of him yet, but I'll take that one!!
No reason why they shouldn't play him soon, like many of you, how about ...... Monday!!!
Monday, Monday... sounds good to meeeeeeeeee.....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:sooooooo...............there will be no "Bianco" as a child photos for this one????

you could not make this shit up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It might be harsh but he is spot on. I remember some magpie wankers in front of the social club at Victoria Park abusing our own players more than the umpires or the opposition. The more they drank the more feral they became. It used to annoy me but I had to endure it because they would happily get into a fight with fellow Collingwood fans. I’m certain that a few “oldies” here will remember this crap happening. They were total arseholes.
Lazza. I remember you being threatened by some Collingwood ladies at one of the last days at Vic Park for rubbishing Andrew Shauble
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote: Maybe Dr. What's-her-name, the newbie on the Board, told Dekka to pick him...
:?: :wink:
Yeah, that makes alot of sense. That is why we want her on the board (she is a board member that Browne says he would keep, despite her denunciations of him). She is a mascot we can fly to attract indigenous players. Unfortunately, corporate driven sport can be cynical.
My original comment was just a joke about Bridie O'Donnell and Ash Johnson both having old social media posts insulting Collingwood supporters.

It was not related to Jodie Sizer.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

I don't have any time for Tickets O'Donnell, Sizer I'd be happy to keep, none of which has anything to do with Ash Johnson.

I can't see him playing QB, talk about setting a guy up to fail. Let him do some training with the club first, ideally even have a run in the VFL, give him a chance to get his head around the whole thing and how we play.

I assume we have drafted him for the longer term, not as a fill in to win a flag this year, so for his sake lets not rush him in.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

I have a feeling 'Magic' Johnson is going to be a phucking ripper. 8)