Post Match. Pies down to Dockers. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Typical 7 news. Didn’t show the incident, only Maynard going apeshit
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Big T wrote:I was happy with the coaching and performance and learnings. Freo are far better than most guve them credit for.
Did you like seeing the 1st 3 Qtrs when we mucked around the Ball and went Backwards and Sideways instead of Forwards?
I am Da Man
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Said by Zed wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:We should hire then fire a new coach every week for the rest of the season….we might just win a few.
Yes, correct. Sack Harvey now, and reinstate bux.
Nah, Bucks has bigger fish to fry at Gold Coast….wouldn’t be surprised if some of our older brigade end up eventually following him there for the sun and surf and retirement $$$
You call that "bigger fish" do you?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

^Exactly DTM. It was frickin painful. Kick back at first opportunity and keeping kicking backwards until we turn it over in our defensive 50.
Looking at you, Mayne…
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Sounds like we had our chances...was Crisp's disposal really as bad as the radio commentators were saying?
Was Shocking. Kicked it better to Freo Players then Collingwood Players
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Re: Talls didn’t stand up!

Post by Dave The Man »

Robbie wrote:We all knew Darcy was going to be a huge loss however, Madgen is embarrassing, and we all know he only puts pressure on his own team. We won the last two games by hard defence and strong running support in attack. We have now reverted to the same stop/start play we know doesn’t work. Roughead needs to review how he wants to play now that Darcy isn’t there to cover his back as well.

I just hope Robert Harvey has some passion because it doesn’t look like it to me, and let’s not forget the team of losers he came from.
Madgen should never play another AFL Game.Not even close to good enough

Harvey just seems be like more of a Robot then his Mate Bucks
I am Da Man
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

It's funny hearing Harvey say we won't get it right first time. Very convenient calling it "first time"... As if the players have never played together before, or the game plan was some radical change.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

K wrote:It's funny hearing Harvey say we won't get it right first time. Very convenient calling it "first time"... As if the players have never played together before, or the game plan was some radical change.
Clearly meaning that it was the first time for him as coach. Interesting comment.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Lazza

Re: Talls didn’t stand up!

Post by Lazza »

Dave The Man wrote:
Robbie wrote:We all knew Darcy was going to be a huge loss however, Madgen is embarrassing, and we all know he only puts pressure on his own team. We won the last two games by hard defence and strong running support in attack. We have now reverted to the same stop/start play we know doesn’t work. Roughead needs to review how he wants to play now that Darcy isn’t there to cover his back as well.

I just hope Robert Harvey has some passion because it doesn’t look like it to me, and let’s not forget the team of losers he came from.
Madgen should never play another AFL Game.Not even close to good enough

Harvey just seems be like more of a Robot then his Mate Bucks
Maybe he should change his name to Robot Harvey……………
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Didn't watch it
Went to the market instead.
Didn't even look at the scores until after the game.
I have missed a number of games this year.
Never done that since 1975.
No point watching misery.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

McCrae, Rantall and Henry should be always be picked before Callum Brown.

Unfortunately for Callum, he has had more than enough opportunities to prove himself. After nearly five years it is time to give others a go and see if they can do better.

Cox is not in our best 25 and has now become a depth player as are Madgen and Sier.

Time to really make a shift away from what was to what will be.
Start playing the young guys and get important senior level experience for next year and beyond.

Cut the deadwood to allow the seeds to flourish.
- Side By Side -
K

Post by K »

Presti35 wrote:
Big T wrote:I was happy with the coaching and performance and learnings. Freo are far better than most guvs them credit for.
100% Big T.
But not away from home...

Freo & WC have a massive interstate problem.

(Also without Fyfe, etc.)
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

I was really disappointed today by our timidity in F50. Just how pathetically indecisive and lacking in confidence we were. No one wanted to take responsibility for taking a shot on goal, and several times we turned it over as players attempted to give it to someone else and inevitably made mistakes. We saw nothing like that last week: instead we saw aggression, willingness to take risks, and ride out mistakes if they occurred. Why did the change of mindset occur??
Maybe i was wrong in questioning Slangman for saying the loss of McCreery was a turning point factor. McCreery is one of those who goes for broke regardless of the risks. His desperation indeed was an xfactor that we totally lacked in F50 today.
The absence of JDG was also huge, as his dynamism in the midfield last week was a chaos factor that we couldnt replace today.
The loss of Moore is huge in inhibiting our fast ball movement, because if we make an error, we open ourselves up and we have little intercept potential across half back.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
K

Post by K »

Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote:It's funny hearing Harvey say we won't get it right first time. Very convenient calling it "first time"... As if the players have never played together before, or the game plan was some radical change.
Clearly meaning that it was the first time for him as coach. Interesting comment.
Yep. It just doesn't seem a relevant difference to me. But maybe he was purely critiquing his own performance in the box. Was he?

The rest must be pretty much the same.
Jezza wrote:...
In terms of the coaching, I didn't expect any radical changes. We have to understand Harvey's been at the club for 10 years so I would assume his coaching philosophy and strategy is similar to Buckley. I would be shocked if he was made permanent coach from 2022 onwards.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

masoncox wrote:Didn't watch it
Went to the market instead.
Didn't even look at the scores until after the game.
I have missed a number of games this year.
Never done that since 1975.
No point watching misery.
Your namesake seemed to also go the market between 1:45pm and 4:45pm today too, because he was MIA.