Post Match. Pies lose to Hawks . All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post Match. Pies lose to Hawks . All comments, please.

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 12.6.78
Hawthorn 15.7.97

Goals: Ginnivan 3, Elliott, Checkers 2, Grundy, Cameron, Henry, Sidey, Macrae 1,

Tackles: Maynard, Sidey, Grundy 6,

Disposals: Adams 30, De Goey 28, Mayne 22, Crisp 27, Sidey 21, Macrae, Maynard 20, Howe, Grundy 16, Noble 18, Elliott, JT, H-E 14, IQ 15, Henry 11

AF Points: Grundy 113, Adams 105, Maynard 103, Crisp 100, De Goey 91

Crowd:

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

They always have the wood on us..
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Game was lost in the first half. Hawthorn came prepared by cutting off our ability to play through the corridor and force us out wide.

Thought we played the game out well, but the damage was done by then unfortunately.

Ginnivan is looking like a reliable forward option. Henry is very raw, but there’s enough there to persist with him.

Hawthorn will always be our bogey team unfortunately…
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

I can’t wait for the end of season clean out….starting with the board.

Harvey is a Buckley clone. A 2-5 record is as poor a record as caretaker coach as I can remember in the last 10 years.

Cox, Mayne, Madgen, Thomas, Keane, Tohill, C Brown, Sier, Wilson all are list cloggers and should be delisted or traded (Mayne retiring).

We need to be ruthless and stop wasting time and resources on players that are just not good enough.

Bring on the AGM/Election and player cuts. Enough is enough of mediocrity and unfulfilled promises.
- Side By Side -
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

My thoughts
IQ is a good footballer but he makes too many mistakes
JDG was good today in the midfield
JT and Mayne need to be gone.
Cameron is a dud.
Grundy got beaten by 2 lesser ruckmen.
That last handball summed up Sidebottom.
Plays like a millionaire.
If it was me i would play checkers back.
Young players were ok but nothing flash
princem007

Post by princem007 »

My thoughts.. Get Clarko… simple.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Awful,awful game,That was as bad as I’ve seen our defence play.Every time they went forward,and I mean every single time,our backline players were way behind their opponents.I don’t think I’ve seen that before.I think the game was won at the coaching level.If you switch coaches then the result almost certainly would have been different.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I was never really confident against these bastards, they have troubled us for decades, even in 1990 they smashed us at Waverley, they are our nemisis team. Pretty disappointing though, after last weeks fantastic effort, we really are just so inconsistent an erratic, up one week, then down the next, so erratic. You never know which Magpies team will turn up nowdays. Ah well, two games to go, season over, hopefully we can snag one more win at least. Least we have a great crop of kids coming along, for the future.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Ginnivan seems to have a head people like to tackle - I can't work out if he has the Joel Selwood drop the knees ability or just receives lots of head high tackles
I think therefore I think - I think
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Ground hog day again. Mitchell has his standard 45 without a hand laid on him. We lost by 3 goals. Thomas misses a sitter on the 3/4 time bell WHE doesn’t make the distance from 35. McCreery does all the hard work and could have gone all the way but decided a banana on the run would look better on the highlight reel , a Cameron wouldn’t have a go from the boundary from 30. There’s 4 and we must have turned it over 30 times missing easy targets with little to no pressure. How Thomas gets a game is beyond me and Mihocek has let us down again with a one touch first half and not much better in the 2nd. Pretty disappointed. And how could I forget that disgraceful handball y Sidebottom which resulted in a goal. We beat ourselves.
Last edited by mudlark on Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

masoncox wrote:My thoughts
JT and Mayne need to be gone.
If only Mayne would retire, right? Such a list clogging dud.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

mudlark wrote:Ground hog day again. Mitchell has his standard 45 without a hand laid on him. We lost by 3 goals. Thomas misses a sitter on the 3/4 time bell WHE doesn’t make the distance from 35. McCreery does all the hard work and could have gone all the way but decided a banana on the run would look better on the highlight reel , a Cameron wouldn’t have a go from the boundary from 30. There’s 4 and we must have turned it over 30 times missing easy targets with little to no pressure. How Thomas gets a game is beyond me and Mihocek has let us down again with a one touch first half and not much better in the 2nd. Pretty disappointed.
Yes Mitchell with 45 disposals.
The key midfielder of most teams always thrash us.
Need a tagger really really soon
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

From 49 points down, at least we fought it out.
Last week I thought we were a club glass half full, now I think it may be half empty.

Pendles and Moore should help.

Last week it was Bianco, this week it was IQ with pathetic disposal.

Want to see Lynch and Grundy in tandem next week.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I reckon we just looked a little flat all day to be honest. We are desperate for a reliable tall marking forward, to give us some structure and confidence going forward. At least we fought it out.

On the bright side I was pleased with Ginnevan, McCreery, Macrae and Henry, despite him missing a few marks he should have taken.

Let's hope our players don't lose focus or fall in a heap for these last 2 games.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

RudeBoy wrote:I reckon we just looked a little flat all day to be honest. We are desperate for a reliable tall marking forward, to give us some structure and confidence going forward. At least we fought it out.

On the bright side I was pleased with Ginnevan, McCreery, Macrae and Henry, despite him missing a few marks he should have taken.

Let's hope our players don't lose focus or fall in a heap for these last 2 games.

Going by our recent inconsistent form line, i think its our turn too win, next week. :? :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.