#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:Looking forward to Susie OBriens apology in the Herald Sun.
This is why you dont automatically suspend people ... you allow due process to occur. Innocent until proven guilty.
Ha! She’ll just dig her heels in even deeper.
Simple. Tell her accreditation as a journo is not recognised at Collingwood until she retracts her bullshit and admits she jumped the gun. Not her organisation, her. She will be allowed back in in time but her editors will be screaming at her as a dickhead, If they make a case for it our sponsors ring the CEO and and says we will withdraw advertising until she admits she has done JDG a disservice.

In the USA she would be immediately sacked to avoid the 100 million lawsuit.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

We can't know the basis of the withdrawal, and the assumption that the woman simply lied is one of the reasons the #MeToo movement exists.

Maybe she saw DeGoey's defence and didn't want her motivations to be dragged through the courts.

Lets just be thankful and move on (while still awaiting Susie OBrien's apology of course).
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

woodys_world69 wrote:Good news for Collingwood Finally!

Hes also facing charges for wearing the Collingwood Logo out in public.
Vic Police have identified the logo as being gang related.
He will face court whenever Victoria police feel its the most inappropriate for their personal gain
Apparently it's a known gang where everyone has missing teeth!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Allegedly verbally complimenting a girl on her chest size should not lead to media accusations of rape. I think it got to police charges because, a) player for famous club and the other guy is a nobody, b) girl was underage at a nightclub, c) player at famous club and the other guy is a nobody. Of course it’s wrong to tell a random at a night club she has nice boobs, but on the scale of things it’s at the bottom and should rarely need anything more than an apology. As far as I’m aware, nightclub was never fined for allowing a 17 year old in either.
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Caroline Wilson, that lover of all things Collingwood said that she felt "uncomfortable" seeing JDG play whilst charges were pending. Poor Caro.
I wonder if her discomfiture has eased.
BazBoy
Been liked: 31 times

Post by BazBoy »

There are some diversions Caro could surely explore rather than a young mans interaction with younger women
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Allegedly verbally complimenting a girl on her chest size should not lead to media accusations of rape. I think it got to police charges because, a) player for famous club and the other guy is a nobody, b) girl was underage at a nightclub, c) player at famous club and the other guy is a nobody. Of course it’s wrong to tell a random at a night club she has nice boobs, but on the scale of things it’s at the bottom and should rarely need anything more than an apology. As far as I’m aware, nightclub was never fined for allowing a 17 year old in either.
seriously, thats what he did????
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

think positive wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Allegedly verbally complimenting a girl on her chest size should not lead to media accusations of rape. I think it got to police charges because, a) player for famous club and the other guy is a nobody, b) girl was underage at a nightclub, c) player at famous club and the other guy is a nobody. Of course it’s wrong to tell a random at a night club she has nice boobs, but on the scale of things it’s at the bottom and should rarely need anything more than an apology. As far as I’m aware, nightclub was never fined for allowing a 17 year old in either.
seriously, thats what he did????
***ALLEGEDLY*** in neon lights. If someone’s alleged to have physically touched a woman without their consent, of course police should press charges. But yeah, saying “nice t**s” is hardly deserving of being labeled a rapist in the media and calls to be sacked.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Harrysz wrote:Caroline Wilson, that lover of all things Collingwood said that she felt "uncomfortable" seeing JDG play whilst charges were pending. Poor Caro.
I wonder if her discomfiture has eased.
She won’t be bragging how she was right like she did the Hawthorn handover. It goes to show most in the media write for the click bait, not because they particularly believe what they’re writing.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

This conspiracy theory thing is getting seriously out of hand if you believe for a moment that our under-resourced Police prosecutors would spend precious time pursuing someone on the basis of a comment such as that.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Clearly the issue was how he spoke to her. I’m not excusing JDG’s alleged behaviour, but there’s no excusing the media reporting

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/de- ... 5597o.html
David
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think better
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Gotta think that along with his move to the midfield he has known for a while that this was coming to an end and his footy has improved as a result
I think therefore I think - I think
Leggie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Probably a good time to close this one I rekon.
Bring Back Tranquilli
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ It was started less than 48 hours ago.