Post Match. Pies lose to Lions. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

mudlark

Post by mudlark »

One of the most insipid vomit inducing games I have ever seen. The sooner we see the back of Josh Thomas, Madgen and hopefully Mayne played his last game tonight, the better. Woeful. Anyone who wants Harvey to be coach are probably clinging to the Buckley back to Collingwood mob. Get rid of every coach there and start afresh. Miochec should consider himself lucky to have signed a new contract. He is just another heartbreaker. I’d be happy for him to go as well. Big problems at Pieland and I. Can’t see a short term solution.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

K wrote:
masoncox wrote:Ollie Henry is a lazy footballer.
The rest of our so called young players have shown absolutely nothing.
Ginnivan?
Yeah may be a keeper.
Problem is we picked him up in the rookie draft.
What about the others in the national draft????/
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

K wrote:
masoncox wrote:Ollie Henry is a lazy footballer.
The rest of our so called young players have shown absolutely nothing.
Ginnivan?
Yeah may be a keeper.
Problem is we picked him up in the rookie draft.
What about the others in the national draft????/
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

What really got me tonite were the fumbles.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

So it was VFL vs a contender tonight. But they just move the ball forward and at will. Although why wouldn’t you when you have Daniher and Cameron up there (mind you missing hipwood).

Our midfield was smashed out of the middle tonight but what are they looking up to when kicking into the forward line. A forward line full of players drafted off the rookie list.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

So I just started watching the replay as I was at a bubble buddy’s. When they stated kicking away in the second I just now checked the scores . We are stuffed. Our kids are not good. Ned guy and co have killed this club. Shut the doors . We are Carlton. (Two bottles of red)z
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

masoncox wrote:What really got me tonite were the fumbles.
Yes, I agree. Our lack of skills at ground level was really terrible.
I actually think some was luck. I think Brisbane had a date with Lady Fortune big time tonight.
But that does not excuse our horrible lack of abilty to pass the ball accurately to team mates when the ball hit the ground or when under pressure.
This is the worst example of our skill set that I can recall seeing for a long time.
Then when you get busted for such horrible errors, you lose the will to fight. Just what happened tonight.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Johnno75 wrote:So it was VFL vs a contender tonight. But they just move the ball forward and at will. Although why wouldn’t you when you have Daniher and Cameron up there (mind you missing hipwood).
And Raynor.

The real negative effect of that on Brissy is that it forces them to leave Daniher forward. Before that, he was rucking part time.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Some perspective- a third of our team tonight had played under 20 games.

Well done to Crispy on giving 100% throughout the game - our best player by a country mile.
Really impressed with Finlay Macrae - hands are lightning quick and he has exquisite foot skills.
Young Daics was obviously a bit rusty.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

masoncox wrote:What really got me tonite were the fumbles.
Most of it was perceived pressure rather than actual pressure and it came from senior players too, you can forgive the young kids but not the guys that have played 100+ games.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

For starters don’t blame Harvey for tonight. Secondly don’t blame kids like Henry either. They don’t have the bodies to compete against the Brisbane team. The seeds of this loss began after the 2018 GF loss when we thought we were better than what we were and refused to retire players who were close to the end, failed to give games to the younger players coming up and worse of all overpaid senior players like Treloar and Phillips who weren’t worth the money they were on and busted our salary cap. Put the three together with the inevitable clean out we had to have at the end of last year produces the outcome we had tonight, with Robert Harvey being the fall guy who has to cop all the flak.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

PyreneesPie wrote:...
Just the sight of the protective glove made me worry about playing him at all.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

The only positives of tonight:

North lost and we avoid the wooden spoon
Carlton lost by more
Man Utd has gone 1-0 up against Leeds.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:Some perspective- a third of our team tonight had played under 20 games.

Well done to Crispy on giving 100% throughout the game - our best player by a country mile.
Really impressed with Finlay Macrae - hands are lightning quick and he has exquisite foot skills.
Agree PP.
Totally true regarding the inexperienced personnel.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

competitive for a quarter and 10 minutes.
then one way traffic
fumble after fumble
couldn't gain possession then back to the same old cheap kick sideways rather than take the game on
lots of mediocre players out there that need to be moved on
a long season caught up with them tonight for their only thrashing for the year
woodsmen rule