What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Take care Jo, it'll all be over soon.

Good on you for doing what you're doing, hard as it might be.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Thanks guys, long night hopefully not too long now, thankfully they have a guest bedroom and they are unbelievably kind. But the sooner they allow a ‘just get it over with’ needle the better. Morphine is good but once their eyes roll back just let them go.
With lockdown they don’t want too much movement or going in and out. I went gone for a quick shower last night and now I’m just waiting. Feel like I could sleep for a week! Cheers xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

So I held dads hand as he slipped away at 9.40. The staff were amazing. I made the calls and arrange collection, cleaned out his room apart from the trailer stuff, as I loaded the last stuff into the car I looked up and a bunch of pelicans were coming towards me, I adore pelicans I go looking for them! I stopped and looked up and the formed a perfect cross as they went over my head, I shit you not!! I did good

Cheers xxx
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I hope that is a relief, of sorts, for you, TP. Sorry for your loss and understand how conflicted you are.

I would love to see the pelican shots in due course.

When you have time, go to the St Leonard's boat ramp, near the fish-cleaning facility - there's a group of pelicans there, or close nearby, most days.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

You did do good Jo, really good.

Don't push to hard to get everything done in a hurry, take some time just for you to sit down and reflect. Allow yourself to grieve, be angry, whatever, just allow yourself to be.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:I hope that is a relief, of sorts, for you, TP. Sorry for your loss and understand how conflicted you are.

I would love to see the pelican shots in due course.

When you have time, go to the St Leonard's boat ramp, near the fish-cleaning facility - there's a group of pelicans there, or close nearby, most days.
cheers mate, and thankyou xxxx

i actually didnt take a photo, I wish i had even with my phone, but it was simply beautiful!!

i love that boat ramp, its the best when fisherman get a good catch! later ill post a couple of shots ive taken there, including my favourite when one came at me and i had my big zoom! its a shocker, i love it!! thanks again xxx
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:You did do good Jo, really good.

Don't push to hard to get everything done in a hurry, take some time just for you to sit down and reflect. Allow yourself to grieve, be angry, whatever, just allow yourself to be.
cheers mate, im just so exhausted right now im not feeling much, im gunna have a shower and crash!! thanks mate xxx
KenH

Post by KenH »

Well said Stui, now is the time for you Jo to look after yourself and relax.
Cheers big ears
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Hi Jo, sorry for not seeing this sooner. Thinking of you xx
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

no worries mate, thankyou

and thankyou Ken too xxx

all good xxx
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

All the best Jo, look after yourself.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Fathers day coming up Jo. Grab some American Honey and have a drink to your Dad, for at least making you possible. I will do the same for my Dad although it will be Thai rum.

You are strong and will get through it. At least you get to a funeral which is more than I was allowed to do, thanks Cow Andrews
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:All the best Jo, look after yourself.
thanks mate, all good, im getting everything sorted. its actually easier doing it yourself!!!! ill take a moment when im ready xxx

ronrat wrote:Fathers day coming up Jo. Grab some American Honey and have a drink to your Dad, for at least making you possible. I will do the same for my Dad although it will be Thai rum.

You are strong and will get through it. At least you get to a funeral which is more than I was allowed to do, thanks Cow Andrews
cheers mate, not having a funeral, too much family drama, im going to take myself on a roadtrip when I can to Warrnambool and tip his ashes off the breakwater, thats what he wanted.
think positive

Post by think positive »

God me again!!

i just looked at facebook for the first time today, while waiting at the supermarket counter, bad idea! one of my fellow photographers in a group im in died last night of Pacreatic cancer, she went into hospital just a couple of weeks ago, went home friday for the day, she just took a bad turn. such a beautiful encouraging gentle soul. about my age. shes hasnt been allowed visitors and now just as things ease, Shes gone. I didnt even know she was sick. She put a beautiful comment on my pic just a week ago. RIP Robyn, you will be so very missed. I was blessed to know you xxx Fly honey, into those beautiful starry night shots you used to take.