Post Match. Dons down Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 9.10.64
Essendon 16.6.102

Goals: Elliott 4, H-E, JT, De Goey, Daics, Cameron 1

Tackles: Adams 6, Daics, De Goey, Elliott 4.

D/E: Mayne 100%, Crisp 89.5.

Disposals: Adams 31, De Goey 23, Sidey, Mayne 22, Crisp, Howe 20, Elliott, Daics, Noble 18, Madgen, JT, Bianco 17, Grundy, Wilson 11, Maynard 13, Ginnivan, Roughy 11.

AFs: Adams 125, Elliott 111, De Goey 109, Sidey 81, Daics 80.
Last edited by Donny on Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

masoncox wrote:...
What is the new coach going to do with Grundy.
He can't mark he can't ruck and he can't chase
Yeah, I hope everyone saw with 15:40 to go in Q4 Grundy juggle and drop that simple uncontested mark on the wing. Just shocking.

That after dropping a mark in D50 with 19:00 to go in Q3.
Last edited by K on Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Big T wrote:[Scarey thing here Jezza. No exciting young talls and no potential a grade mids there. Major worry.
Agree. There’s major list holes that need to be addressed.

Hopefully this off season is all about remedying some of those issues whether it be through trading or drafting players.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Lazza wrote:No surprise here. It didn’t help the team that Collingwood pissed off a fabulous person in Buckley so they created this situation. Buckley could not have done any worse. Now need to get cracking and recruit some gun youngsters.
I know that this was posted to provoke a response, but this was clearly written from a parallel universe in which reality is reflected upside down.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

K wrote:
Yeah, I hope everyone saw with 15:40 to go in Q4 Grundy juggle and drop that simple uncontested mark on the wing. Just shocking.

If this were in any way true, how can you explain his 2018 AA form, and his lesser, but still excellent, form in 2019?
COVID hubs and in close existence with Bux for that year is a good explanation for Grundy's decline in form. I think the changed coaching regime will make an enormous difference.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Lazza wrote:No surprise here. It didn’t help the team that Collingwood pissed off a fabulous person in Buckley so they created this situation. Buckley could not have done any worse. Now need to get cracking and recruit some gun youngsters.
I know that this was posted to provoke a response, but this was clearly written from a parallel universe in which reality is reflected upside down.
Bucks was s@#t, get over him, he wasn’t going to take the club forward.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote:

If this were in any way true, how can you explain his 2018 AA form, and his lesser, but still excellent, form in 2019?
COVID hubs and in close existence with Bux for that year is a good explanation for Grundy's decline in form. I think the changed coaching regime will make an enormous difference.
We r all hoping for that.
Buon Giorno
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

schuey07 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
I agree Schuey... it was Lazza who thinks otherwise.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Thank Christ for that…what a shitheap we have turned into

Let’s hope the next few years bring some solid quality people to Collingwood and get this club on the right track …

Carn the pies
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Magpietothemax wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: I know that this was posted to provoke a response, but this was clearly written from a parallel universe in which reality is reflected upside down.
I agree Schuey... it was Lazza who thinks otherwise.
I know, I wasn’t meant to point the comment to you.
magirl

Post by magirl »

An end to a difficult and hard season. After a long lifetime of following this team some advice. To enjoy our next seasons while we rebuild, look for the good in our games. Stop knocking the players and encourage them. That is what barracking for a club is. It can’t get much worse so it is going to take a lot of heartache and time to get better. We’ve stuck it out before and it makes it so sweet when it all clicks into place again. Please stop picking a whipping boy each season. It is cruel especially when they have been great champions for our club. I used to love this site before so much of this negativity came in. It was once full of people really barracking and enjoying following Collingwood. The only way we will enjoy being suporters through the hard times is looking at the small gains and small wins.
Side by Side
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Magpietothemax wrote:

Lets give the Bucks dtuff a rest now, let him be, he came within mins of a flag, sliding doors, hes a legend of the club, let it go now. He had his shot, and thats that, let it go. Move on. It was a poor season, for many reasons, the only positives were we have blooded some great kids, played many debutants, these kids are exciting and are the future. Now for a list cleanout, some retirements, and welcome more kids, young exciting Daicos, and a brand new Coach with fresh ideas, and some new Board members. This is our low point, and the only way is up from here, put this disappointing season behind us, and move on, the better times will come, all sides go thru this phase, its our turn, just have to look to the future. :)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote:

COVID hubs are long gone. Buckley is long gone. Grundy's play since the Melbourne game (Buckley's last) has been putrid, with neither of those excuses in play.

Re 2018-19... two "good" years, but 2020-21 are two putrid years... Maybe 2018-19 was the peak? (If not just a two-year fluke. And his hit outs still did not reach teammates in those peak years.)
Last edited by K on Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote: Yeah, I hope everyone saw with 15:40 to go in Q4 Grundy juggle and drop that simple uncontested mark on the wing. Just shocking.

COVID hubs are long gone. Buckley is long gone. Grundy's play since the Melbourne game (Buckley's last) has been putrid, with neither of those excuses in play.

Re 2018-19... two "good" years, but 2020-21 are two putrid years... Maybe 2018-19 was the peak? (If not just a two-year fluke. And his hit outs still did not reach teammates in those peak years.)
Grundy’s decline in form and output began the day that he signed his mega deal.
- Side By Side -
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

K wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
K wrote: Yeah, I hope everyone saw with 15:40 to go in Q4 Grundy juggle and drop that simple uncontested mark on the wing. Just shocking.

Grundy’s decline in form and output began the day that he signed his mega deal.
- Side By Side -