#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

What's their argument? Adam Treloar is keeping him out of the team?
Moore De Goey
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

I would like Lipinski but I do not want to trade 2022 picks. We are probably going to have to use some of next year's picks to get enough points for Nick Daicos as it is. We should not go further into deficit for any other players. We can afford to go into this draft recruiting only one genuine draftee and make our other two picks rookie elevations (Ginnivan and either Johnson or Begg) because we recruited so many players last year that we probably need to spend 2022 developing this year's debutants. At the end of 2022 Pendles for sure, and probably Sidey and Roughead will be retiring and we will need to draft some good players. We could walk Lipinski to the pre-season draft but if we want Kreuger as well we are going to have to trade for one of them. Perhaps Sier and Madgen as a package deal?
Born and raised in Black and White
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

mattdally wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:We’re assuming the Kangaroos won’t take him?
Normally that doesn't happen if clubs are in talks with players who have already nominated their club of choice.
Jack Martin was the latest one I can recall.
Yep and when you have the first pick in PSD, you will have your own plans in place for a player other than Lipinski
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Dr Pie wrote:I would like Lipinski but I do not want to trade 2022 picks. We are probably going to have to use some of next year's picks to get enough points for Nick Daicos as it is. We should not go further into deficit for any other players. We can afford to go into this draft recruiting only one genuine draftee and make our other two picks rookie elevations (Ginnivan and either Johnson or Begg) because we recruited so many players last year that we probably need to spend 2022 developing this year's debutants. At the end of 2022 Pendles for sure, and probably Sidey and Roughead will be retiring and we will need to draft some good players. We could walk Lipinski to the pre-season draft but if we want Kreuger as well we are going to have to trade for one of them. Perhaps Sier and Madgen as a package deal?
We don’t have much trade currency other than our futures. It’s a romantic notion when people just think we can send off our trash to the Dogs in return. I agree you don’t want to involve our future FIRST rounder in any conversations but there are ways to skin a cat. Something has to give if you’re going to pick up both Krueger and Lipinski, even if one is taken via the PSD.
Probably the best option is to offer up our future third round and then receive either Cats or Dogs same future in return. That way we still keep our 2022 draft haul intact.
Dogs are desperate for 2021 picks but we can’t help them, so let them have a 2022 future and they can then turn that pick into points for Sam Darcy in 2021 draft.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Pies2016 wrote:
mattdally wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:We’re assuming the Kangaroos won’t take him?
Normally that doesn't happen if clubs are in talks with players who have already nominated their club of choice.
Jack Martin was the latest one I can recall.
Yep and when you have the first pick in PSD, you will have your own plans in place for a player other than Lipinski
Martin's contract at Carlton was frontended so that it was something like $1.5M in year 1 which was prohibitive to other interested parties I'd assume.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

mattdally wrote:1 option - walk him to PSD - don't even entertain a trade.
100% Won't Happen and Only will IF Dogs don't want to play Ball
I am Da Man
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

He walks to us for free in the PSD or we don’t take him. Pretty simple really.

Everything we do in the off season has to be on our terms. It can’t be any other way because of what happened last year and the delicate draft / points position we’re in this year If we want Daicos.
Last edited by burnsy17 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

Let’s play hardball with the dogs. Let’s insist they pay half his salary as well!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

gurugeoff wrote:Let’s play hardball with the dogs. Let’s insist they pay half his salary as well!
His contract at the Dogs have Ran Out
I am Da Man
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

I know, just want us being the ones playing hardball for a change
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pies2016 wrote:
Dr Pie wrote:I would like Lipinski but I do not want to trade 2022 picks. We are probably going to have to use some of next year's picks to get enough points for Nick Daicos as it is. We should not go further into deficit for any other players. We can afford to go into this draft recruiting only one genuine draftee and make our other two picks rookie elevations (Ginnivan and either Johnson or Begg) because we recruited so many players last year that we probably need to spend 2022 developing this year's debutants. At the end of 2022 Pendles for sure, and probably Sidey and Roughead will be retiring and we will need to draft some good players. We could walk Lipinski to the pre-season draft but if we want Kreuger as well we are going to have to trade for one of them. Perhaps Sier and Madgen as a package deal?
We don’t have much trade currency other than our futures. It’s a romantic notion when people just think we can send off our trash to the Dogs in return. I agree you don’t want to involve our future FIRST rounder in any conversations but there are ways to skin a cat. Something has to give if you’re going to pick up both Krueger and Lipinski, even if one is taken via the PSD.
Probably the best option is to offer up our future third round and then receive either Cats or Dogs same future in return. That way we still keep our 2022 draft haul intact.
Dogs are desperate for 2021 picks but we can’t help them, so let them have a 2022 future and they can then turn that pick into points for Sam Darcy in 2021 draft.
That’s the answer. They can trade our future pick for another club’s present pick which they then turn into points for Darcy. Not too difficult.
Rush Stand Wing

Post by Rush Stand Wing »

Whats the bet Ad's has been spruiking Sier to Bevo saying he could use a new environment too. Sier for Lipinski seems good for us but they will probably wants more
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

warburton lad wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:How do the dogs expect to drive a hard bargain ?
He’s contracted during the trade period but if they don’t do a deal, then we walk him through to the PSD when he’s not contracted.
Simply work something out with either our second or third round future picks and then leave it to them to convert that newly acquired future pick into 2021 points for the Sam Darcy F / S selection.
I think he will be a good pick up. Knowing he will get his chances, should inspire him to put in a big pre season and grab his opportunity with both hands. He can play anywhere between the arcs, so he’s versatile too.
This entirely...

In fact, walk him through to the pre-season draft and ask the Dogs to chuck $150K of the Treloar money back our way :lol: :lol: :lol:
beat me to it!!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Macattacks wrote:What's their argument? Adam Treloar is keeping him out of the team?
yep funnily enough thats what they say! i actually think its a win, Adam is 29 i believe? dodgy hammies, so young blood would be good, and god id love a chance to stick it up the outlaws!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

There would no doubt still be some bad blood with how the Treloar trade went down. According to this article we had agreed to receive less in picks and in return they would take more of his salary. After the trade went through there was a disagreement over the terms and we had to back down.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/ada ... 56mtl.html

I wonder if revenge in on the cards and we will just take him in the pre season draft...
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire