#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

^^^^

I wouldn’t be displaying niceties with the mob that took Treloar and a pound of flesh
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

[quote="Lazza"]^^^^

I wouldn’t be displaying niceties with the mob that took Treloar and a pound of flesh
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/28/ ... -lipinski/

Stephen Silvagni indicated why it is a smart plan for Lipinski to move away from the Whitten Oval for further opportunities at the Holden Centre.....
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

[quote="Lazza"]^^^^

BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

The Lipinski chapter.

It hasn’t happened a lot in recent times that we have been a destination club
and from a young and promising player who’s original club saw enough in him to offer a contract to remain

With Craig McRae is his reputation giving us the edge in being destination central and the know how of Graham Wright also
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

And further to us as the club to go to

Both Sydney and Carlton were into him but he chose us
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

[quote="MatthewBoydFanClub"][quote="Lazza"]^^^^

BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

Honestly the dogs have proven smart in dealings recently, don't lose many players and draft well. I'll be amazed if we can bring in these guys via trade, get Daicos and another draft pick and come away unscathed.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

BBHS wrote:Honestly the dogs have proven smart in dealings recently, don't lose many players and draft well. I'll be amazed if we can bring in these guys via trade, get Daicos and another draft pick and come away unscathed.
Lipinski can come for free via the PSD. No trade required. This is the easiest player acquisition this off season.

As I’ve said previously, he either comes for nothing in the PSD or we pass on him. We can’t afford to **** around with picks / draft points etc. this off season.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm looking at his stats and quite concerned that he's just a poor man's Treloar - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... html#20190

He doesn't often have too many kicks - he has had moderately "high possession" games from time to time. Those have typically included high numbers of handballs (his career averages are about 8 kicks and 9 handballs a game). Eg, he had 7 kicks and 25 handballs in a game against us in 2019 (which we won) - it doesn't look like he was much more than a link in the chain - despite the very high number of handballs, he only had 8 contested possessions that day, so he isn't going to improve our midfield ball-gathering, by the looks of it. It may be, of course, that his handball is creative, rather than running the ball straight into the back pocket and then turning it over to the opposition - but, if it were, why would they go out and pay money to get Treloar?
5:11pm
Been liked: 4 times

Post by 5:11pm »

Pies4shaw wrote:I'm looking at his stats and quite concerned that he's just a poor man's Treloar - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... html#20190

He doesn't often have too many kicks - he has had moderately "high possession" games from time to time. Those have typically included high numbers of handballs (his career averages are about 8 kicks and 9 handballs a game). Eg, he had 7 kicks and 25 handballs in a game against us in 2019 (which we won) - it doesn't look like he was much more than a link in the chain - despite the very high number of handballs, he only had 8 contested possessions that day, so he isn't going to improve our midfield ball-gathering, by the looks of it. It may be, of course, that his handball is creative, rather than running the ball straight into the back pocket and then turning it over to the opposition - but, if it were, why would they go out and pay money to get Treloar?
Definitely appears to be more of a wing/HF rather than the answer to our inside mid issues.
Pies2016
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^ ^ ^
I think one of his strengths is his versatility. Has played a number of positions between the arcs. I’m guessing here a bit here but he struck me as a role player at the Dogs and that makes sense to me because their midfield is so creative.
His skills are ok, so if Collingwood are deciding to give him a bit of license and maybe throw him around on the whiteboard, I wouldn’t think it would take much to improve his output.
We can all want for superstars but that means nothing if those superstars don’t want for you. When a required player at a strong club wants to come to you and you’re 17th on the ladder and with plenty of holes, I think you take that bird in the hand. Interestingly, most footy people are calling it an “ astute “ pick up ( albeit it hasn’t happened yet )
I have Krueger in the same boat, achieved little but wants an opportunity at Collingwood. I have no problem with him falling in behind Hawkins and Cameron but I’m a little concerned Ratagalea could keep him out of the side.
Guess we will all know more in the fullness of time.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Part of the reason he wants to leave is he wants to be more of an inside midfielder and he isn’t getting that chance at the Dogs.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I thought he wanted more game time
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Pies4shaw wrote:I'm looking at his stats and quite concerned that he's just a poor man's Treloar - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... html#20190

Good assessment of his stats. Make no mistake, he has shown glimpses of promise and has all the attributes / tools you want in a big bodied mid.

What complicates the stats a bit is as a few have said, he often is asked to fill other roles given the current midfield depth. This does cloud his stats somewhat.

He has shown he can play as an inside mid - he has very quick hands with a unique vision / decision making handball use - Sier did this at times so did Beams.

He is also an elite Kick esp going inside 50. I have no doubt McRae will want him kicking the ball more.

For me, I've seen bits and pieces of him at AFL level - But I did watch him live in the VFL against GWS out at Blacktown. He was so far ahead of everyone else on the ground it wasn't funny. He had 17 kicks that day and I dont remember him missing one target. I know Jamarra kicked 5 goals and Lipinski had a hand in 4 of them.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan