#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Something to think about -
Say we get Lipinski and Bianco keeps improving.

Our midfield next year could include Lipinski, Josh Daicos, Nick Daicos, Macrae, Bianco and Pendles.

Would have to be one of the best kicking eff group of mids going around.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^ ^ ^
And in two years time ( cause he is still 18 and raw ) there’s a 192cm kid with very clean, quick hands called Reef who will hopefully be shovelling it out to all of them. DeGoey might get a run amongst that lot too
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:I'm looking at his stats and quite concerned that he's just a poor man's Treloar - https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... html#20190

He doesn't often have too many kicks - he has had moderately "high possession" games from time to time. Those have typically included high numbers of handballs (his career averages are about 8 kicks and 9 handballs a game). Eg, he had 7 kicks and 25 handballs in a game against us in 2019 (which we won) - it doesn't look like he was much more than a link in the chain - despite the very high number of handballs, he only had 8 contested possessions that day, so he isn't going to improve our midfield ball-gathering, by the looks of it. It may be, of course, that his handball is creative, rather than running the ball straight into the back pocket and then turning it over to the opposition - but, if it were, why would they go out and pay money to get Treloar?
Good assessment of his stats. Make no mistake, he has shown glimpses of promise and has all the attributes / tools you want in a big bodied mid.

What complicates the stats a bit is as a few have said, he often is asked to fill other roles given the current midfield depth. This does cloud his stats somewhat.

He has shown he can play as an inside mid - he has very quick hands with a unique vision / decision making handball use - Sier did this at times so did Beams.

He is also an elite Kick esp going inside 50. I have no doubt McRae will want him kicking the ball more.

For me, I've seen bits and pieces of him at AFL level - But I did watch him live in the VFL against GWS out at Blacktown. He was so far ahead of everyone else on the ground it wasn't funny. He had 17 kicks that day and I dont remember him missing one target. I know Jamarra kicked 5 goals and Lipinski had a hand in 4 of them.
Thanks for those insights. That's much more encouraging. If he's an elite kick (and starts kicking a bit more often) we can certainly use him.
Four&twenty

Post by Four&twenty »

How can we walk someone through the psd has north committed to someone
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Just had a look at two You Tube videos

One a selection of AFL games (one against us) and the other VFL

He looked OK to me but with those videos they only show the good stuff

Not the turnovers and other poor disposals etc etc
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

Four&twenty wrote:How can we walk someone through the psd has north committed to someone
IF Kangas were interested in Lipinski, there would need to be a two way conversation. Lipinski simply says thank for the interest but I see my future at Collingwood. It takes two to tango, so it only takes Lipinski to say I’m not signing a contract and the Kangas have to look elsewhere.
I reckon the Kangas will have a preferred target lined up anyway, so I don’t see it being a problem.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

[quote="Pies2016"]^ ^ ^
And in two years time ( cause he is still 18 and raw ) there’s a 192cm kid with very clean, quick hands called Reef who will hopefully be shovelling it out to all of them. DeGoey might get a run amongst that lot too
Michael Jordan
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Four&twenty wrote:How can we walk someone through the psd has north committed to someone
Good question.

We have pick 2 in the PSD.

Why is it being considered a fait accompli that we can gain a Lipinski or Kreuger via this selection if need be?

Does North have zero interest in both? Are they eyeing off a more high profile player with pick 1?
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

North would be using pick 1 PSD as a negotiation tactic with Richmond and Callum Coleman-Jones.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

^ correct. Also, clubs are typically reluctant to draft a player who wants to go to another club AND they'd be locked into his 3 year contract and $$$ he is asking and we are offering.
Michael Jordan
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

MJ23 wrote:^ correct. Also, clubs are typically reluctant to draft a player who wants to go to another club AND they'd be locked into his 3 year contract and $$$ he is asking and we are offering.
Exactly. If a player names a club for the PSD, they get there.

If we wanna give something to the Dogs as a token, then do so, if not - he comes over for free.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Excuse my ignorance but I’ve seen the term PSD and have no idea what it is

Some one educate me pls
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I hate to put it out there, but maybe the Dogs could be interested in Jack's brother.
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

BazBoy wrote:Excuse my ignorance but I’ve seen the term PSD and have no idea what it is

Some one educate me pls
Pre Season Draft
Cheers Baz
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Ahhh yes thanks