#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Gee proly would like Finn in their kennel but I prefer we keep him in our nest
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:I hate to put it out there, but maybe the Dogs could be interested in Jack's brother.
Sure they'd love him but personally I'd prefer we add Jack as a RFA at the end of 2022.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

burnsy17 wrote:
MJ23 wrote:^ correct. Also, clubs are typically reluctant to draft a player who wants to go to another club AND they'd be locked into his 3 year contract and $$$ he is asking and we are offering.
Exactly. If a player names a club for the PSD, they get there.

If we wanna give something to the Dogs as a token, then do so, if not - he comes over for free.
That’s about right but Collingwood have to be a little careful they don’t set out to play super hard ball with both Lipinski and Krueger. You will only pick up one in the PSD (with potentially a number of clubs who could / would offer something they wouldn’t refuse ) so one of those trades needs to at least an offer either Dogs or Cats would accept. There’s no point offering both those clubs something they don’t want or don’t need and then both players find themselves in limbo after trade period and we can only secure one of them via the PSD.
If I was Geelong or Dogs, I would look to get the deal done sooner than later because Pies will be more open to wanting a “ fairer “ trade done and would also have more to trade. Whichever club is second to deal, will have Collingwood play the PSD card and likely be presented with an offer close to zero.
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

^^^ in this scenario, do you look at which player is likely 'worth' less and make that trade as a fair and reasonable one then walk the 'more valuable' player to the PSD?

I guess on balance, we need to look at both Lipinski and Krueger as the one trade - if we are perceived to give up too much for one and too little for the other, that's fair... If we get a trade done early for one that appears overs, then get the other for nothing or next to nothing, that's a win...

Regardless of the machinations, both will be in Black & White next season.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

^^^ Na in this scenario - both cats and dogs are in a stand off as to who takes what we offer ( future third is my thinking) or get nothing with the PSD
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:I hate to put it out there, but maybe the Dogs could be interested in Jack's brother.
I know Im keen on Lipinski but - Hell no
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Boogie Knights wrote:^^^ in this scenario, do you look at which player is likely 'worth' less and make that trade as a fair and reasonable one then walk the 'more valuable' player to the PSD?

I guess on balance, we need to look at both Lipinski and Krueger as the one trade - if we are perceived to give up too much for one and too little for the other, that's fair... If we get a trade done early for one that appears overs, then get the other for nothing or next to nothing, that's a win...

Regardless of the machinations, both will be in Black & White next season.
We have a unique situation ( in recent times anyway ) when two players want to come to Collingwood and are both out of contract. I don’t see a situation where we pay overs at all, but more likely we pay unders for the first trade ( however that looks ) and even more unders for the second trade.
As I posted earlier, there might be a bit of cat and mouse where either the Cats or Dogs blink first in the belief that whoever gets the first trade done, gets a better outcome relative to the player involved. I’m not sure you can manufacture your time lines for these deals but once Collingwood feel they have won on the deal, then that becomes the right time to seal it.
I do think the Cats is an easier trade to get done. They would take picks from either 2021 or 2022 drafts. As for Lipinski, it will be interesting to see just how little we give up for him ( and that includes possibly nothing )
More importantly, as you said, I’m sure they will get done.
hermie

Post by hermie »

don't gws get pick 2 in the psd as well?
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

hermie wrote:don't gws get pick 2 in the psd as well?
No that's separate
Moore De Goey
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

People in hell are interested in iced water. Doesn’t mean they get it
E

Post by E »

Pies4shaw wrote:Footscray is, according to that article, going to "drive a hard bargain". Perhaps they intend to make us take Treloar back as part of the deal.
except that he has a prohibitive contract, Treloar was exactly the type of player we needed this year. Three goals in a grand final not a bad effort either by the way......
E

Post by E »

also, is there a reason we are confident north wont step on our toes in the PSD? Do they have someone in mind?
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

E wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:Footscray is, according to that article, going to "drive a hard bargain". Perhaps they intend to make us take Treloar back as part of the deal.
except that he has a prohibitive contract, Treloar was exactly the type of player we needed this year. Three goals in a grand final not a bad effort either by the way......

I wish he would have kicked one in 2018

Treloar just ran free, Melbourne didn't care. Beveridge would have preferred 3 tackles when it counted, not hanging off Oliver like an ornament.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

MJ23 wrote:
I know Im keen on Lipinski but - Hell no
Almost vomited my coffee all over my laptop. Finn goes nowhere, gonna be a star.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Podpicken wrote:Almost vomited my coffee all over my laptop. Finn goes nowhere, gonna be a star.
I'm not saying we agree to it, I'm saying the Dogs may well ask.