#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I reckon we’ll trade a player and either pick 55 or something lower for Lipinski.
Hitchhiker

Post by Hitchhiker »

inxs88 wrote:
Magpie Russ wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Kreuger went for pick 80 (ie. sum of giving pick 41 and getting pick 55 back) so pick 58 is a superior offer
Pick 41. - Pick 55. (412-207 = 205)
We gave up 205 points. Therefore, on a points basis, Kruger was traded for Pick 55.
Don't think you're calculations or conclusions are accurate. It's a 14 position slide by the Pies not a trade for pick 55.
I might be missing something but Magpie Russ appears to be correct
Pick 80 is worth 0 points
Pick 41 is worth approximately two pick 55s (412points v 2 x 205 = 410 points)
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

Finlayson 3rd rounder, that's the market
Moore De Goey
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

Can someone explain how we would get him via PSD. Isn't it a case that he goes into the draft and becomes available to all clubs?
rosspies

Post by rosspies »

We have the second pick in the PSD I believe.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Macattacks wrote:Finlayson 3rd rounder, that's the market
Like Kreuger I think we have tried to get him to Collingwood before.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

Achilles wrote:Can someone explain how we would get him via PSD. Isn't it a case that he goes into the draft and becomes available to all clubs?
i think you can bypass that draft and present only for the PSD, in which case we only have to worry about North Melbourne picking him up, so if we go that way, i assume we'd have organised a gentleman's agreement with North that they won't do that - otherwise we would need to trade now to be 100 percent sure of getting him.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

gurugeoff wrote:
Achilles wrote:Can someone explain how we would get him via PSD. Isn't it a case that he goes into the draft and becomes available to all clubs?
i think you can bypass that draft and present only for the PSD, in which case we only have to worry about North Melbourne picking him up, so if we go that way, i assume we'd have organised a gentleman's agreement with North that they won't do that - otherwise we would need to trade now to be 100 percent sure of getting him.
Yep, he can actually nominate for either draft. Given we have pick 2 in PSD he would nominate there.
Wouldn't expect North to take him. They could but if he has nominated us and we have a 3 yr contract on the table North would have to match it. Not something you'd jump at for a player who doesn't want to play for you and is un-proven.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

Dogs traded in some points but are a 160 points shy of matching a bid for Darcy at pick 3

So wily GW offers pick 58 for Lippers which is 170 points
Moore De Goey
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Heard he is on Channel 7 News Tonight
I am Da Man
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

Dave The Man wrote:Heard he is on Channel 7 News Tonight
Mugged at the airport
Moore De Goey
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Magpie Russ wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:I still like the idea of this trade getting done ( albeit weighted in our favour ) and then having the PSD up our sleeve for something either planned or coming from the clouds late in conversations.
Pick 58 is 170 points and worth little to the Dogs in scheme of the Darcy bid. We also won’t want to give up much more either, particularly if we have plans for our #22. It’s an interesting stand off and in this instance, it’s more about the value of the points to both clubs rather than the value of the player.

Thoughts on where the Daicos bid comes in ?
Pick 4.
1. North will take Horne Francis.
2. GWS having been given the pick by Collingwood it would be a machiavellian act to bid on Daicos (however, having said that they traded pick with us last year then bid on Reef forcing out hand).
3. Gold Coast - I am going with, the pick swaps indicate that there might be some good will there.
4. Adelaide - they will keep us honest. They bid on Ugle-Hagen last year.
We apparently asked them to bid on Reef. There was a logical reason for it than I can’t recall at the moment.
E

Post by E »

jackcass wrote:
Magpie Russ wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:I still like the idea of this trade getting done ( albeit weighted in our favour ) and then having the PSD up our sleeve for something either planned or coming from the clouds late in conversations.
Pick 58 is 170 points and worth little to the Dogs in scheme of the Darcy bid. We also won’t want to give up much more either, particularly if we have plans for our #22. It’s an interesting stand off and in this instance, it’s more about the value of the points to both clubs rather than the value of the player.

Thoughts on where the Daicos bid comes in ?
Pick 4.
1. North will take Horne Francis.
2. GWS having been given the pick by Collingwood it would be a machiavellian act to bid on Daicos (however, having said that they traded pick with us last year then bid on Reef forcing out hand).
3. Gold Coast - I am going with, the pick swaps indicate that there might be some good will there.
4. Adelaide - they will keep us honest. They bid on Ugle-Hagen last year.
We apparently asked them to bid on Reef. There was a logical reason for it than I can’t recall at the moment.
We wanted to use the points on Reef based on our then current later picks so we could then do a trade to bring in more early picks. the points are assessed based on available picks at the time of the deal. If Reef dropped, the other trades wouldn't have worked the way they did.
hermie

Post by hermie »

stuff the bulldogs after the bs with the Trelor trade last year, let him walk through
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

E wrote:We wanted to use the points on Reef based on our then current later picks so we could then do a trade to bring in more early picks. the points are assessed based on available picks at the time of the deal. If Reef dropped, the other trades wouldn't have worked the way they did.
That was it.