The 2021 Great Big Consolidated Trade & Draft thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

themonk

Post by themonk »

magpieazza wrote:Norths should really take the offer of pick 4 and 2 x future first rounders for norths pick 1 and future second round pick.
Have you seen JHF move? Jesus!

Either way, I think he'll be the no 1 pick which is great for us.

I see GWS screwing Doggies over before us, Daics will slip to 3 for sure, maybe even 4.

8)
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

themonk wrote:
magpieazza wrote:Norths should really take the offer of pick 4 and 2 x future first rounders for norths pick 1 and future second round pick.

I see GWS screwing Doggies over before us, Daics will slip to 3 for sure, maybe even 4.
8)
The question is easily answered with a question:
Would you take that offer for Nick Daicos?
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

themonk wrote:

8)
He looks awesome but 3 x first round picks, those picks could change your club real quick
It works out better if Norf dont do the trade bc as it stands ND will not be called out but another club from South Australia may be A holes and nominate ND if they had first pick
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Personally, I wouldn’t offer those picks but the Crows were also factoring in the benefit of renegotiating any future contracts with a local lad. Conversely, the Kangas biggest issue will be retaining him every time he’s close to a contract renewal. He’s got a bit of the Isaac Heeney’s about him, looks a real talent. It will be very interesting to see how the careers of both J H F and Daicos take shape.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

Bobby Hill coming to Victoria, 5 clubs interested, Pies are one of them but Ess favourites

https://twitter.com/i/status/1433753271626190848
Last edited by Macattacks on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moore De Goey
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hopefully he’s more of a Bobby Rose than a Benny Hill
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Not sure if this is the right place to post but this is an interesting piece from the AFL https://www.afl.com.au/news/683069/barg ... t-12-years .

Crisp is a stand out bargain in the trades but I think Roughhead is not far off this. I think we got him for a fourth round pick
I think therefore I think - I think
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Other than Lipinski, what other deals could we be involved in?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Presti35 wrote:Other than Lipinski, what other deals could we be involved in?
If Lynch was to exit, you’d expect Collingwood to join the ruckman merry-go-round.

I’ve wondered with the Hawthorn and Richmond connections, would a fringe Tiger or Hawk make their way to Collingwood?
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

We don't need any more fringe Rucks. We have all up:

Grundy
Cameron
Cox: get the vibe he shall get a 1 year deal on peanuts if Lynch leaves
Faye
Roughead
Begg
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

inxs88 wrote:We don't need any more fringe Rucks. We have all up:

Grundy
Cameron
Cox: get the vibe he shall get a 1 year deal on peanuts if Lynch leaves
Faye
Roughead
Begg
I agree, Collingwood has no need for keeping Lynch, who shows a lot of potential as a ruckman but is never going to replace Grundy as out No. 1 Ruck in the foreseeable future. However, what I hope is that Graham Wright is a good enough negotiator to effectively use whatever Lynch can deliver in trade value to secure Pat Lipinski with. i.e. effectively trade out Lynch for Lipinski. That would be a good deal imo.
I'm also hopeful that Aiden Begg will be developed as a key position forward that we so desperately need rather than another mobile ruckman. Hopefully he will be the Derek Hine gem of a "diamond in the rough" we have been waiting for a while to see and he will be good enough to replace Brody Mihocek in a few years.
If Max Lynch is traded then it makes sense to keep Mason Cox at the club, ideally to be used as back-up only as hopefully Grundy and Cameron can have a full season un-interrupted by injury or poor form. Cameron's pack marking as a key forward was impressive at times last season so I'm hopeful he can continue with his trending form improvement since he arrived at the club.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

All talk of moving Sier on seems to have gone quiet.

I rated him highly in 2018, but he has been a major disappointment since then.
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

I'm wondering if Sier will be moved? Are Trent Dumont or Charlie Constable worth looking at? There was some love for Derek Eggmolesse-Smith last year, is that still someone people would like to get?

I still think Mitch Wallis would be a good pickup in free agency, but who knows where he'll end up?

I'm not sold on Bobby Hill. It's sounding like he'll be going to Hawks, Dons or North anyway. He's got a bit of Brad Dick about him. I dont know if he'll have a huge impact at AFL level. We'll see if GWS will put up a fight or just let him go.

As far as the "Hawthorn-Four"... I dont think we'll be involved in any of that, but it'll be very interesting to see who goes where.

After Lynch and Lipinski trades are complete, I dont think we'll be involved in too much else, unless we trade someone for more picks? Previously linked to Sam Reid, Brander, Jack Lonie and Stengle, but I think we've moved on from everyone there. Carlton trying to move Dow, but he's another Sier?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Man, if we could straight swap Sidebottom for Bobby Hill, what a coup that would be!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

^^^^

I’d do it in a heartbeat.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!