The 2021 Great Big Consolidated Trade & Draft thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Looking around, I get the feeling that most Nicksters are only interested in young untried players than recycled or older types for any remaining positions.

You guys know the way I post when it comes to DFA/PSD... anyway just having a look;

Delisted Free-Agent possibilities:
J. Brander. (An ideal pickup as a 195cm KPP. Get him).
T. Dumont.
J. Lonie. (25, 174cm. Already have Cal Brown).
C. Constable.

Pre-Season Draft possibilities: (Players not delisted, but still unsigned)
S. Reid (Swans). (Now 29 and has had the injury curse too).
K. Coleman (21, yet to re-sign. Previously linked in draft year).
C. Jiath (22, expected to re-sign with Hawks).
S. Stack (21, expected to re-sign with Tigers).

Rookie Draft possibilities: (Not sure how many picks we'll have?)
P. Naish (I think will happen with pick 2 in RD).
B. Bewley
J. Cousins
D. Eggmolesse-Smith
L. O'Brien (Carlton looking to re-rookie, could pinch him).
I. Chugg (To b re-rookied with last pick).
M. Gibbons
A. Vandenberg
N. Freeman :shock:

If only they were a little bit younger:
D. Zaharakis
L. Casboult
H. Hartlett
B. Houli

2022: Go all out for Ben King. (Family hates Collingwood, twin at St Kilda, very difficult trade, he would need some convincing... but let's fkn do it!).

:D
Last edited by Presti35 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Brander hasn't been delisted yet has he?
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Great deep dive Presti35. The Pre-season Draft (day after main one) has less gravitas these days when there aren't any "A" grade players who've fallen through the trade period via clubs being unable tp agree on a deal (eg. Nick Stevens). With delisted free agency and the Supplementary pick up option in March available as levers to select, it's likely that if Patrick Naish is selected, he can come through these options and not pick 2 in the Pre-season draft.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

Sorry for the duplication. Nickster's buffering in and out
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Presti35 wrote:Looking around, I get the feeling that most Nicksters are only interested in young untried players than recycled or older types for any remaining positions.

You guys know the way I post when it comes to DFA/PSD... anyway just having a look;

Delisted Free-Agent possibilities:
J. Brander. (An ideal pickup as a 195cm KPP. Get him).
T. Dumont.
J. Lonie. (25, 174cm. Already have Cal Brown).
C. Constable.

Pre-Season Draft possibilities: (Players not delisted, but still unsigned)
J. Silvagni. (Haha, imagine that. 99.999% certain to re-sign with Carlton).
S. Reid (Swans). (Now 29 and has had the injury curse too).
P. Seedsman (29, yet to re-sign).
P. Dow (Like Jack, going to stay. Is he Carltons Sier?).

Rookie Draft possibilities: (Not sure how many picks we'll have?)
P. Naish. (I think will happen with pick 2).
B. Bewley.
J. Cousins.
L. O'Brien (Carlton looking to re-rookie, could pinch him).
I. Chugg (Re-rookied with last pick).
N. Freeman. :shock:
If only they were a little bit younger:
D. Zaharakis.
L. Casboult.

2022: Go all out for Ben King. (Family hates Collingwood, twin at St Kilda, very difficult trade, he would need some convincing... but let's fkn do it!).

:D
Dumont is an interesting one, was very good last year but it seems the slower style players are struggling big time to find homes now, as constable, sier etc show

I also think Seedsman is one of the nicks myths, was always contracted till 2022 and has signed a further 1 year extension making it 2023

Naish probably the only one that interests me on the rookie draft possibilities as he has shown something

Brander a maybe, it’s hard to know as west coast have tall forwards so was always pushed up the ground but didn’t seem to offer too much
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^^Correct May Z.
Adelaide wingman Paul Seedsman has become the latest player to recommit to the Club by signing a one-year contract extension to the end of 2023.
We can forget that one.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Does not meet our needs, would be like remarrying your ex wife
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Gone back and changed a few things.

Pretty much, I think Brander should be taken as soon as he is available. If de-listed then sign him as a DFA. If he has to go in the PSD, then get him that way. We should have a think about Dumont/Constable as DFA's, but after the Sier years, they might not be a good fit.

I doubt we'll use a pick in the PSD, but in the highly unlikely event that Jiath, Coleman or Stack are there, then we'd have to take one. Naish is another player that could find his way to the Pies, I was thinking in the Rookie Draft, but who knows? He can be signed as a DFA.

Speaking of the Rookie Draft, not sure how many picks we'll end up with, but I doubt we'll go with an older player (Zaharakis, Hartlett, etc). But maybe a younger recycled player like O'Brien or Eggmolesse-Smith, etc? Chugg will be taken with out last RD pick.
MurderousMagpie

Post by MurderousMagpie »

What is the news on

- Y. Dib
- B. Faye
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Dib going into the draft. I expect we'll match a bid if one comes later in the draft. Some think he may slip into the rookie draft.

Faye is on our list as an International Rookie, similar to how Cox and Shae Mac started off.
Geek

Post by Geek »

MurderousMagpie wrote:What is the news on

- Y. Dib
- B. Faye
It's been really quiet on those fronts. Haven't heard a thing from the club.

Dib is expected to go after pick 20 though so we will have the rights to match him. Plenty around the traps saying he will go after 40 which would mean we get him for our next pick.

Haven't heard on whether Faye has taken to the game quickly. He is only 18 years old so his agreement runs for a minimum of 2 AFL seasons so he has time there. We are able to promote him only at draft time, either to the main or rookie lists. Obviously, he can go as a category B rookie if we choose.

He can play in VFL at the moment but won't be able to play AFL until he gets on the senior or rookie list

While list spots are as tight as they are and since there is a limit to how long someone can remain on the rookie list, I would assume that the club will delay that promotion as long as possible in order to get him up to speed with the game without costing an actual list spot. Once we think " he might get games next year" we will probably upgrade him with our last pick in the draft, as we are allowed to do. I wouldn't be expecting anything other than VFL for the next 2 years.
gurugeoff

Post by gurugeoff »

Are you saying that we have some ‘rights’ to chugg, or are you presuming no one else would pick him and that he would still be available at the end of the rookie draft?
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

I think the club is willing to let/risk another club take him and will/should wait until our last pick.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Collingwood has accrued further picks in this year’s AFL national draft and bolstered its position in the 2022 draft through an exchange of selections with Richmond.

The Pies have turned one selection into three selections, with Richmond’s picks 38 and 40 in this year’s draft and the Tigers’ future third round selection - being exchanged for pick 27.

As it stands, Collingwood holds picks 36, 38, 40, 43, 46, 48, 55, 58, 78 and 79 in this year’s draft and a first, and three third round selections in 2022.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by piffdog »

Am I right that once Daicos' name gets called out, we match, then the requisite amount of picks are taken off us virtually instantly? Could we then (for example) look to package up remainng trades this year, and potentially a couple of the inherited third rounders next year to a) get a better pick this draft or b) try and get back a second rounder next year?
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...