#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

can we finally get rid of him now ?
think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

the movie of the night dysonink on Instagram

Well at least he had fun

Looks off his head at the nightclub in a dressing gown
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

We obviously need to wait for all the facts to come out, but if true, he’s career expiry date has just been stamped.
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Mitch Cleary @cleary_mitch· 1h

According to NYC Police - De Goey and a friend - Luke Dyson - have been charged with forcible touching and assault.

Alleged to have groped a 35yo female and then assaulted 37yo male - kicking and punching him. Both De Goey and Dyson taken to custody after 911 call.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

I don’t know the full story but if he was arrested I hope he faces the full consequences of the law. He has a history of alcohol abuse but to my knowledge it always happens off-season. Doesn’t forgive what he did if true. As for people saying he’s a knob, well there’s plenty of footballers who are knobs. For every Ben King there’s a footballer at the other end of the scale who wouldn’t pass high school. Mitigating all that De Goey gives plenty of time to the kids who idolize him as a footballer. Since I’m on the record as saying we should have kept Stephenson I say the same about wanting to keep Jordan De Goey. In this life you take the good with the bad.
BazBoy
Been liked: 31 times

Post by BazBoy »

Going to make it interesting when his contractual discussion comes around
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:I don’t know the full story but if he was arrested I hope he faces the full consequences of the law. He has a history of alcohol abuse but to my knowledge it always happens off-season. Doesn’t forgive what he did if true. As for people saying he’s a knob, well there’s plenty of footballers who are knobs. For every Ben King there’s a footballer at the other end of the scale who wouldn’t pass high school. Mitigating all that De Goey gives plenty of time to the kids who idolize him as a footballer. Since I’m on the record as saying we should have kept Stephenson I say the same about wanting to keep Jordan De Goey. In this life you take the good with the bad.
There is a video on his mates Instagram account, he’s clearly skunked, he was at the nightclub in a dressing gown. Where is the line?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Thought he was meant to be in California at that fitness academy, not running around the US as a tourist. How the duck did Dyson get there as well, he’s not there for a work related training camp, he’s a ducking tattooist.

By the way, the forcible touching charge can include grabbing a girl and forging her to dance with you against her wishes, or dragging her over to the bar or a table for drinks etc. BUT 911 was called when the other guy stepped in and JDG and/or Dyson ALLEGEDLY laid into him, so that is the assault charge. Not sure how JDG could call the club either, your phone is confiscated and you get one phone call… pretty sure that would have been to a lawyer or his new manager.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Complete Dickhead.

Just Rip up his Contract and De-List him
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

FFS. This bloke is always looking for trouble wherever he goes.

If the allegations are true, the club has to make a stand. Enough is enough!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

<I posted a link above to a New York source that sets out the allegations in some detail, including the specifics of which person is alleged to have done what in the fight, according to the "authorities". There's no need whatsoever to post your own version from Australia. Thanks, Pies4Shaw for BBMods.>
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Really disappointed. Gonna wait for the full story tho.

Annoys me reading opposition’s supporters having a crack when there is a fair chance now their clubs will be chasing him for cheap. But that’s the situation Jordan’s created.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

At least it’s only October and not a week out from the season starter I guess?
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

I hold the Club accountable for this. Why can’t we stop these stories getting out time and time again? Like the Board mess, we fail to keep a lid on this stuff. Now we need to manage the PR and get a counter story out there about JDG. Get him over to Glasgow to speak about climate change. Have him cleaning up plastic rubbish on a beach somewhere. A photo op with Greta Thunderbird. Anything to get the heat off him and the Club. Otherwise we are rooted! Our best player sunk in social media. Get the Club saying it is fake news and evidence of how other Clubs are out to get us. Start talking about umpiring bias. The media need to be distracted from this JDG story. Collingwood should issue a press release today announcing a new anti gambling campaign. Who cares if it rubbish! Just get JDG off the front page!
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Wouldn’t hear about it under Eddie’s reign, Hiss.