#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Fact is, this is the second incident and it’s only a few months after he was cleared by the court for the first one. I know alcohol make people do dumb things, but he should have known better. Especially after oh I don’t know facing court for assault charges in August, and just getting a new manager for his contract year and getting prepared and professional to be a four-quarter footy champion.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

The dream of one controversy-free preseason shattered again. They are as elusive for Collingwood as premierships.

JDG travelling to the States with what sounds like a tool of a mate was always going to end in trouble. What was the club thinking?
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I think Dyson was already in the US for his tattoo business.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by derkd »

Could have traded him for huge value 1 maybe 2 first rounder next year....SIGH the warning signs hve been there for years and the club has just given more and more rope.

Lesson learned i hope Collingwood
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

What a f*** wit! Why do we tolerate this idiot and everything he does. Let's face it, he's a half-arsed footballer with a lot of potential talent who refuses to put in any effort to better himself and help the team. Always has. Always will. Ask yourselves why he's always injured or takes longer than expected to recover from injuries?? That's right, he doesn't do the rehab.

Instead he pisses around and gets by on his so-called reputation. Time and time again he gets himself into stupid situations involving alcohol thereby bringing unwanted attention to himself and the club. I hope he's charged and they throw the book at him, but I'm sure all his money and lawyers and club and the club's lawyers will bail him out - again.

At what point do we say enough is enough and just tear up his contract. We're talking about a guy who, before this, was literally playing for his career. Now, he'll be lucky to still have one. We should have traded him this year and cut our losses. He won't be getting a million dollar deal now that's for certain - at least not with us. Best to just let him go at the end of next year and get the compo pick and trade for whatever we can in return. A deal involving King from the suns would be good.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by derkd »

WarrenerraW wrote:What a f*** wit! Why do we tolerate this idiot and everything he does. Let's face it, he's a half-arsed footballer with a lot of potential talent who refuses to put in any effort to better himself and help the team. Always has. Always will. Ask yourselves why he's always injured or takes longer than expected to recover from injuries?? That's right, he doesn't do the rehab.

Instead he pisses around and gets by on his so-called reputation. Time and time again he gets himself into stupid situations involving alcohol thereby bringing unwanted attention to himself and the club. I hope he's charged and they throw the book at him, but I'm sure all his money and lawyers and club and the club's lawyers will bail him out - again.

At what point do we say enough is enough and just tear up his contract. We're talking about a guy who, before this, was literally playing for his career. Now, he'll be lucky to still have one. We should have traded him this year and cut our losses. He won't be getting a million dollar deal now that's for certain - at least not with us. Best to just let him go at the end of next year and get the compo pick and trade for whatever we can in return. A deal involving King from the suns would be good.

Well time to focus on the positives...get him off the list and free up caps space for a talented player who actually wants to play AFL and make the most of thier ability. We also have the money to keep Moore.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Get yourself a suit and tie

And get your hair cut way up high

Get yourself a lawyer, son

You're gonna need a real good one
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Here’s your opportunity, Ash Johnson.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

This should come as no surprise.

It is common for athletes to go to the US to train hard during the day at these boot camp type set-ups, but then party just as hard at night. Being in another country where they are not recognised seems to make them feel they can do as they please.

Personally I hope they throw the dickhead in a cell with Bubba for a few nights. "Who do you want to be - the husband or the wife?"

That might shake some sense in to him.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Partying in New York with your tattooist. What could possibly go wrong?
Last edited by Gerry Cooper on Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:This should come as no surprise.

It is common for athletes to go to the US to train hard during the day at these boot camp type set-ups, but then party just as hard at night. Being in another country where they are not recognised seems to make them feel they can do as they please.

Personally I hope they throw the dickhead in a cell with Bubba for a few nights. "Who do you want to be - the husband or the wife?"

That might shake some sense in to him.
sounds fair!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Will be interesting to see what the leadership groups position will be.
Bring Back Tranquilli
Back bucks

Post by Back bucks »

Remember it is ALLEGED ,not proven. Let`s wait for the facts to come out before judging him.
I blame my hair loss on supporting Collingwood for 50 years
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Why can’t men just leave us women be…

Vile pos, I hope if this is true, he gets the book thrown at him.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I wonder if his bail (if he can make bail) conditions will allow him to leave the USA?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�