#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by derkd »

Leggie wrote:Will be interesting to see what the leadership groups position will be.

Really? I don't think they will have much of a say. This isn't a 'solid citizen' on his first strike.

This is a flake who was demanding top dollar to underperformed year on year. Look at his career (when fit). For every one great game too many poor games.

For the sake of stability and to send a message to ours players that this poor attitude and antisocial behaviour won't be accepted....no more 'rat pack' garbage. It has far too often derailed this club. Got to demand better.
Last edited by derkd on Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

People do need second chances in life but this is ridiculous.

Wrong mates, wrong place, wrong hour of the night, wrong attitude, wrong time of life to be doing this.

Now it is off season and you can have fun but..... lets see if the allegations are wrong.

If its true throw the book at him.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

He is a champion player. We can’t afford to lose him. Let’s bring the boy home to the safety of the lockdown capital of the world . As long as doesn’t join a protest about human rights or ask for basic civil liberties, he will be fine in Victoria. The Club should charter a private jet and bring him back here now so he doesn’t miss a minute of pre season training. Let’s pay the alleged victims some cash and put an end to all this media feeding frenzy. As a champion player he deserves our support and respect.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by derkd »

Hiss wrote:He is a champion player. We can’t afford to lose him. Let’s bring the boy home to the safety of the lockdown capital of the world . As long as doesn’t join a protest about human rights or ask for basic civil liberties, he will be fine in Victoria. The Club should charter a private jet and bring him back here now so he doesn’t miss a minute of pre season training. Let’s pay the alleged victims some cash and put an end to all this media feeding frenzy. As a champion player he deserves our support and respect.

Lol love the comedy Hiss.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Piesnchess »

RudeBoy wrote:Let's hope JDG gets super fit. If he does that, he can be the best player in the AFL.

Yes, its very sad and perplexing that this thread started off on such a positive note, for JDG, and has ended up like this, with assault charges alleged against him, very disconcerting really. I thoiught he really had changed, pulled up his socks, new attitude, under a brand new Coach. I guess we just have to wait and see, he will front Court over there, so i guess we have to hear his side of the story. Im not throwing him out yet, we need to calm down a bit now. I recall Dusty had issues, like ramming chopsticks into a wall, next to a womans head, few yrs back, he pulled his head in, as did that Stevie J from Geelong. Lets see how this pans out yet, hear what he has too say in Court, his side of it. It is very disappointing though, for the new Coach, this sort of incident we dont need. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Dp
Last edited by think positive on Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:Let's hope JDG gets super fit. If he does that, he can be the best player in the AFL.
I probably watch too much tv but the Rikers Roof top gym always looks good on SVU!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

It's funny how everyone complains about the media beat ups then we get everyone hanging a bloke based on initial reports...

Guilty and never a chance to prove your innocence in 2021...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Piesnchess »

eddiesmith wrote:It's funny how everyone complains about the media beat ups then we get everyone hanging a bloke based on initial reports...

Guilty and never a chance to prove your innocence in 2021...
Yes, id like to hear his side of this incident, alleged or otherwise, before i pass judgment on him, hear what the evidence is too against him. I guess the Club would be in contact with him by now, and advising him of options. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Hiss wrote:He is a champion player. We can’t afford to lose him. Let’s bring the boy home to the safety of the lockdown capital of the world . As long as doesn’t join a protest about human rights or ask for basic civil liberties, he will be fine in Victoria. The Club should charter a private jet and bring him back here now so he doesn’t miss a minute of pre season training. Let’s pay the alleged victims some cash and put an end to all this media feeding frenzy. As a champion player he deserves our support and respect.
I feel your tongue maybe in your cheek there Hiss, but I pretty much endorse a similar approach.....as long as he signs a 5 years deal at 300k a year.

Otherwise let him rot with Bubba
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Possible jail there if the alegations are proven true.
USA loves the prison life.
May have to take up NFL.
Like in that movie ....whatever it was.
AJ

Post by AJ »

LOL without JDG we won’t win three games next year.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

masoncox wrote:Possible jail there if the alegations are proven true.
USA loves the prison life.
May have to take up NFL.
Like in that movie ....whatever it was.
That’s nonsense to speculate. We don’t even know what he’s charged with.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Ah the whitewashers have arrived. Next we will hear about all the good work he does with the sick kiddies in hospital lol
Last edited by Gerry Cooper on Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:We saw how many games we won this year without Stephenson. I don’t think anyone is saying De Goey shouldn’t be punished if he’s found guilty. But what a few are saying here is that a human being should be deprived of his livelihood for making a mistake. I don’t find that either democratic or Christian as a belief.
A mistake? How many “a mistake” can one bloke have..
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.