#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

AJ

Post by AJ »

We are going to struggle to win a game without JDG.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

What'sinaname wrote:McRae's first fail is a doozy. If it gets worse from here, we're in for decades of pain.
How the duck is this McRae’s fail? Was he over there chaperoning Jordy?
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

MurderousMagpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:JDG will be banging goals for the Pies next season
That would be extraordinarily surprising, in all the circumstances.
It will blow over by Christmas and be forgotten by Pre season. Of course the AFL world wants us to get rid of him. That would be a tremendous loss for Collingwood. We have a beast in our ranks and he needs to be protected not have the village come for him with 2 X 4s on fire.
your posts seem a bit troll like, but just in case,

There really are more important things than footy. Common decency for one.
Last edited by think positive on Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Presti35 wrote:Whats disappointing is that the club has turned a new page, we've got a positive feeling, all these great moved around the club, we've been out of the headlines... and then this.

You look at the club this time last year. We'd had one of the greatest wins I can remember (In Perth Vs WCE), then were smashed by ten goals in the Semi. Then the whole Treloar thing, added to Stevo and Phillips. And then the season took place and we end up second last. It was a dreadful season. The coach and everyone around him gone. President and other board members gone. Replacement President gone. Playing list looking really different.

JDG gets special permission to go and train in the US. From all reports he is smashing it. He's in great shape and has, himself, turned a new leaf. Everything was going great. Then this. Fine, go out and have a good time and all. But geez man is it that hard to keep some self control and stay out of trouble?

It'll be interesting to see what happens here, but the draft cant come quick enough for me.
Yep, just makes it even worse
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:McRae's first fail is a doozy. If it gets worse from here, we're in for decades of pain.
How the duck is this McRae’s fail? Was he over there chaperoning Jordy?
He's the senior coach, so it's the first indiscretion under his watch.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Please respond like I’m responding to your post. Can you tell me how you reached the conclusion that all this is McRae’s fault? As long as you are not a troll, I’m happy to keep an open mind until you answer the question. I’m interested because for the world of me I can’t see how it is McRae’s fault. If the logic is that it was under his watch, is a pilot to blame if they have to crash land due to an engine failure?
Last edited by Lazza on Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

doriswilgus wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:What about the character issues though?Three of his top draft picks,DeGoey,Stephenson,and Sier as well,have all failed the character test.None of them had the character,the drive,or the dedication to make it as A.F.L players.That’s a searing indictment on Hine’s judgment as a recruiter.
Sier a pick 35...Character issues......Really ???
He was our first live pick in that draft and another wasted one.Another black mark on Hine’s resume.Do you ever wonder why so many of the players we draft have behavioural issues,yet the players we recruit from other clubs are no trouble at all.The players Hiine picks are always the biggest trouble makers.As I said,he’s a very poor judge of character.
Sier, as in Brayden ........ has character issues ? Thats your std ?
Fair enough.

And you think recruiting players who have demonstrated character by their years in the system is the same as recruiting a kid out of high school ?

Ok then.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

Nine News

De Goey has employed a New York law firm to defend him

Same firm that defended Harvey Weinstein
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
princem007

JDG pleaded Not Guilty

Post by princem007 »

JDG has pleaded not guilty. Hopefully there is CCTV footage that the venue has that can clear him of any wrongdoings.

Innocent until proven guilty I guess but it doesn’t sound good from the police reports.

I guess will know more by Dec 8.

Does that mean he has to stay in USA?

Maybe he could go back to California and train with that guy for another 2 months until he gets his name cleared.

Be interesting to see how this plays out and if found not guilty if the club reinstates him.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Well he apparently has top notch sheister,s
AJ

Re: JDG pleaded Not Guilty

Post by AJ »

princem007 wrote:JDG has pleaded not guilty. Hopefully there is CCTV footage that the venue has that can clear him of any wrongdoings.

Innocent until proven guilty I guess but it doesn’t sound good from the police reports.

I guess will know more by Dec 8.

Does that mean he has to stay in USA?

Maybe he could go back to California and train with that guy for another 2 months until he gets his name cleared.

Be interesting to see how this plays out and if found not guilty if the club reinstates him.
He would have every right to sue the club if they didn’t reinstate him. I’d support him to do so.
MurderousMagpie

Post by MurderousMagpie »

How am I a troll?

Collingwood players offering support to JDG... Good to hear!

Brownlow Medalist Ollie Wines offering support to Jordan

But Collingwood supporters want him sacrificed!?

If you actually think I am a troll then your quite delusional, it's quite insulting actually after all this time...
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

So he has top lawyer and it will cost him mega bucks

Now if these get him off and a not guilty verdict as well as paying his salary do we re install him in the club
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

MurderousMagpie wrote: ... it's quite insulting actually after all this time
All of this time that's passed since you joined on 17 October 2021? :lol:
think positive

Post by think positive »

MurderousMagpie wrote:How am I a troll?

Collingwood players offering support to JDG... Good to hear!

Brownlow Medalist Ollie Wines offering support to Jordan

But Collingwood supporters want him sacrificed!?

If you actually think I am a troll then your quite delusional, it's quite insulting actually after all this time...
13 days such a long time!