#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote: ... it's quite insulting actually after all this time
All of this time that's passed since you joined on 17 October 2021? :lol:
Snap!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Susie O'Brien on De Goey

Post by eddiesmith »

Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

RudeBoy wrote:
Haff wrote:
magirl wrote:Being careful as alleged rather than proven charges in a court of law. But if guilty, I would rather take the wooden spoon than continue to condone this type of culture at our club. I hope he is not guilty, but the club needs to draw a line in the sand that it will not be drawn into this disrepute by anyone who holds themselves above the repute of tha club and their contribtion to the team.
Correct. The best thing to come out of this now is the 2022 number 1 draft pick.

De Goey would be worth a 2nd or 3rd pick now. Seriously, no-one would offer pick one for him now.
I meant that we finish last after we simple delist him.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

think positive wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:How am I a troll?

Collingwood players offering support to JDG... Good to hear!

Brownlow Medalist Ollie Wines offering support to Jordan

But Collingwood supporters want him sacrificed!?

If you actually think I am a troll then your quite delusional, it's quite insulting actually after all this time...
13 days such a long time!
Classic. Never laughed so much (have to laugh when you’re a Collingwood supporter).
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Haff wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Haff wrote: Correct. The best thing to come out of this now is the 2022 number 1 draft pick.

De Goey would be worth a 2nd or 3rd pick now. Seriously, no-one would offer pick one for him now.
I meant that we finish last after we simple delist him.
Whether Degoey plays or not, will make little difference to where a list of 40 odd players finish on the ladder. His best ever finish in the Copeland was fourth last year and we finished 17th. Footy isn’t about individuals, it never has been. There will be a number of much more important events and challenges over the next 12 months that will determine our ladder finish.
think positive

Post by think positive »

This 100%

Much more important than 1 player, any player, is keeping the new vibe at the club
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Haff wrote: Whether Degoey plays or not, will make little difference to where a list of 40 odd players finish on the ladder. His best ever finish in the Copeland was fourth last year and we finished 17th. Footy isn’t about individuals, it never has been. There will be a number of much more important events and challenges over the next 12 months that will determine our ladder finish.
Top comment. Totally agree. We either welcome him back if found not guilty by the court or delist him otherwise and recruit a replacement. Life goes on.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

The present looks bleak for him. But the future remains unwritten.

Over 1000 players have represented the club. Dozens of JDG's.

The real names are made by players, not supporters. It's up to him, or just another case of vaporware.

In the meantime, we have lots of players who want to make a name for themselves.
pablo

Post by pablo »

I'm pretty happy about all this.

He'll get himself on the straight and narrow or he won't.
If he does he will be a very good to outstanding player for us.
If he doesn't, he doesn't.

But, and here's what I'm happy about.
It's now a much lower cost / risk for the club.

If we had to stump a million or more in 2022 to renew, it's likely to now be as much as a 50% discount, supply and demand.

We could have an absolute A-grader at bargain basement prices or lose a player completely but not have a disastrous salary cap impact.

And no morale impact because list will see substantial financial consequences.
Go Pies!!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

MJ23 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
MJ23 wrote: Sier a pick 35...Character issues......Really ???
He was our first live pick in that draft and another wasted one.Another black mark on Hine’s resume.Do you ever wonder why so many of the players we draft have behavioural issues,yet the players we recruit from other clubs are no trouble at all.The players Hiine picks are always the biggest trouble makers.As I said,he’s a very poor judge of character.[/quote

Sier, as in Brayden ........ has character issues ? Thats your std ?
Fair enough.

And you think recruiting players who have demonstrated character by their years in the system is the same as recruiting a kid out of high school ?

Ok then.
Sier didn’t have the dedication,discipline,or the drive to become an A.F.L player.Smoking,drinking,not being fit enough,playing basketball when he was supposed to be in rehab.Whether you call it character or not,it’s clear that he didn’t have what it takes to make it in the A.F.L.And he’s clearly not the only misfire from Mr Hine.There are plenty of others just like him
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

BazBoy wrote:Nine News

De Goey has employed a New York law firm to defend him

Same firm that defended Harvey Weinstein
Forget the law firm, I’d employ Andy Dufresne.
Dispatches from a foreign land
AJ

Post by AJ »

think positive wrote:This 100%

Much more important than 1 player, any player, is keeping the new vibe at the club
You mean by keeping Cox, Moore and Roughead who white anted Bucks. Yeah great culture.
BJ

Post by BJ »

Jordan better not be guilty, because if he is, there may be bigger, stronger and heavier tattooed men wanting to do some groping of their own.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
think positive

Post by think positive »

AJ wrote:
think positive wrote:This 100%

You mean by keeping Cox, Moore and Roughead who white anted Bucks. Yeah great culture.
I really don’t understand why people troll these kind of sites, bored?
think positive

Post by think positive »

BJ wrote:Jordan better not be guilty, because if he is, there may be bigger, stronger and heavier tattooed men wanting to do some groping of their own.
that’s the absolute sad reality. He
Yet be worried to spend the money on that law firm