#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

Who knows how this plays out. He could be found guilty of assault - and its game over I suspect (although other players have even done time and come back to play footy).

Did the earlier reports read that his 'mate' (I use the term loosely) glassed the guy? Is that a greater charge? I note the comments on this forum stating that he has been alotted a public defender. I do find it interesting the kind of crowd he seems to roll with when he's actually a private school boy himself isnt he? Oh and another tip - keep it off social media and/or hang out with mates who dont post stuff on social media. If there was no insta video from this evening, the whole event might seem just a little bit less salacious.

If he's not found guilty, he sheepishly returns to the club I suppose. Without any insight, I wonder if there is probably more understanding/forgiveness within the ranks of the playing group than there is for those of us on the outside. "We" arent the centre of all kinds of attention when we go out and get on the booze - but he's certainly a slow learner too.

Its unlikely the 'sexual nature' of this incident will disappear given the dropped charges and his prior accusations - but it does seem more and more like a drunken nightclub punchup. Remember Marley Williams (2014) - convicted of GBH, St Kilda punch up in Queenstown (2011), Rioli/Bolton (2021) - although they were the ones defending 'inappropriate touching', Stack/Coleman-Jones (2021), Bennell (2018). Some of these players moved past it - maybe none of them had the prior form. None of them are on million dollar contracts either.

If he lives through this (metaphorically) he is still getting a healthy ban (at best) IMO.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

I wonder if US-AFL New York Magpies (premieres in 2010) have come to his aid in some shape or form
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Welcome back to Collingwood Jordan de Goey.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

swoop42 wrote:Welcome back to Collingwood Jordan de Goey.
:lol:
Get back on top.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Where there's smoke, there's shit kindling
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Where there's smoke, there's shit kindling
very strange material to make kindling from
I think therefore I think - I think
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Seems we have one side of a story that has already started to be wound back.

What we know for sure is that the bloke, in the weeks where there is a mandated AFL players association break for players, has been working through a fitness program to come back fitter and stronger.

We know that he's had a break, during the American Halloween festive period, and gone to a nightclub. This aint banned.

We know hes got himself into an altercation and we dont know the full story except he has form with nightclub fights. How thats played out again we are not sure but he has put himself in this situation.

Best case, hes defended himself and gone too far - for some on Nicks that seems to be enough to get rid of him. It could very well be.

Worse case - given the CURRENT charges, he's got into an argument and excessively beat up another bloke. To the extend that no medical treatment was required.

IF we sack him now we get nothing.
We could leverage the issue to pay unders.
We could let him walk and get FA compensation.
We could trade him. The return for the last 2 points will be dependent on if he plays games for us and how well he plays next year.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
lihei
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by lihei »

Mr Miyagi wrote:The way Howe rolled his eyes in frustration when he added “again” said it all. I don’t think it’ll be a gentle, brotherly arm around his shoulders behind closed doors.
Who made Howe the internal SS at Collingwood?? He has history here.
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
MurderousMagpie

Post by MurderousMagpie »

<Let’s try to stay at least vaguely on topic. Thnx. BBMods>
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

lihei wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:The way Howe rolled his eyes in frustration when he added “again” said it all. I don’t think it’ll be a gentle, brotherly arm around his shoulders behind closed doors.
Who made Howe the internal SS at Collingwood?? He has history here.
really? You mean why did he get Stevo to fess up and probably save him from getting caught and a years ban instead of 10 weeks?

He was asked to comment and ge did I’m guessing with the clubs blessing since you know, the general public respect him and the club trusts him not to be a damn tool!

Howe is not in any way shape or form the villain here, so no need for the gestapo comparisons.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Be interesting to actually have a poll to say

Yes we give him another chance

No we as soon as is practical move him on
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

BazBoy wrote:Be interesting to actually have a poll to say

Yes we give him another chance

No we as soon as is practical move him on
Why? What impact do the views of a few social media follows have?
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Yep maybe bad idea
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by neil »

Pleased that the sexual assault charge has been dropped am waiting to see what happens to the rest of his charges.

Still tired of seeing his name appear in the media for dickhead things
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's been a dickhead, he is a dickhead and I suspect he will always remain a dickhead. Nevertheless, he's our dickhead. I just hope this whole experience has put the frighteners up him (though I doubt it has) and that he knuckles down and finally grows up.