#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

lihei wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:The way Howe rolled his eyes in frustration when he added “again” said it all. I don’t think it’ll be a gentle, brotherly arm around his shoulders behind closed doors.
Who made Howe the internal SS at Collingwood?? He has history here.
Bloody silly to attack the messenger dude. Howe had every right to comment as a member of the leadership group and give JDG a hefty kick up the arse. There would be plenty of Collingwood supporters who’d volunteer to do this, including me. I thought Howe should have gone in harder and really let it rip. Honestly I’m way over these precious Prima donnas like JDG. Enough is bloody enough ffs.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Not surprising that the original reports in the media were all front page and in depth.

Whereas the dropping of the most serious charges hardly makes it on line at all.
I think therefore I think - I think
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by Skids »

I'm hearing that ALL charges have been dropped.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

think better wrote:Not surprising that the original reports in the media were all front page and in depth.

Whereas the dropping of the most serious charges hardly makes it on line at all.
True. Fairly typical of the hack media I would have thought. I’m so used to this “balanced and fair reporting” that I don’t even notice the bias anymore! It just hangs around like a skunk fart in a shithole
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

think better wrote:Not surprising that the original reports in the media were all front page and in depth.

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Skids wrote:I'm hearing that ALL charges have been dropped.
That would be amazing and great to see the backtracking or doubling down of claims of he paid them off... :roll: :roll:
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Jordan clearly needs to either get off the grog or surround himself with more responsible friends.

None of us are happy he's found himself in another questionable situation.

The reality is though he has to live by the same laws of the land like the rest of us and the way this situation appears to now be heading I think the club and AFL will have enough wriggle room that he'll be able to continue his career but will still face some form of sanctions to reflect his continued poor lifestyle choices.

The biggest penalty is likely the devalued contract offer/s he'll now be presented with at the end of next season and effectively he'll be copping a massive fine totaling in the many hundreds of thousands for his night out in New York. That's hardly a slap on the wrist.

Jordan is an idiot but he's no more an idiot now than the idiot who finished 4th in this seasons Copeland trophy and if Collingwood ends up being prepared to give him another chance then so am I.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Word on the street is all charges have been dropped, unreal, either the whole thing was horseshit, or someone has paid off for a settlement. ? What ever, if he can JDG should come home RIGHT NOW ! Thats it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 50 times

Post by warburton lad »

The current situation, as I understand it, is that the 'indecent assault' component has been dropped off the charge sheet by New York's finest.

I have no idea whether the assault of the fellow involved is still the subject of charges.

In either event, this incident is a watershed moment for the new Magpie administration. I have been impressed that they acted swiftly to stand De Goey down indefinitely right off the bat...

In terms of De Goey being 'ordered' to come back to Australia, my clear understanding is that under the existing AFL Players Association conditions of employment, De Goey is fully entitled to do what he wishes (within the bounds of legal activity that is).

I would rather he return to his Californian Boot Camp (part of his sponsorship income to which he is legally entitled) and continue to get in peak condition for his return to Collingwood training.

Assuming that he still needs to front court in New York on December 8th, he may not be back in Australia until the last week of pre-Christmas training.

Of course, the assault charges may be dropped in between times if there is insufficient evidence and De Goey may return in time for December 6th senior players return to training.

A peculiarity of the United States legal system is that an aggrieved party may pursue a civil judgement against another party for a $$$$ settlement (but no jail time). Such a judgement has a lower evidentiary bar to reach.

In any event, if De Goey does return to Magpieland, I am sure that he will need to front some very intense conversation/s with McRae and Wright and the leadership group.

Interesting times ahead.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
lihei
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by lihei »

think positive wrote:
lihei wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:The way Howe rolled his eyes in frustration when he added “again” said it all. I don’t think it’ll be a gentle, brotherly arm around his shoulders behind closed doors.
Who made Howe the internal SS at Collingwood?? He has history here.
really? You mean why did he get Stevo to fess up and probably save him from getting caught and a years ban instead of 10 weeks?

He was asked to comment and ge did I’m guessing with the clubs blessing since you know, the general public respect him and the club trusts him not to be a $$%^%%$ tool!

Howe is not in any way shape or form the villain here, so no need for the gestapo comparisons.
Geheime Staatspolizei
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

warburton lad wrote: A peculiarity of the United States legal system is that an aggrieved party may pursue a civil judgement against another party for a $$$$ settlement (but no jail time). Such a judgement has a lower evidentiary bar to reach.
As far as I am aware, the right of the aggrieved party to pursue a civil case, with a lower evidentiary bar, is available in Australia and other countries too, so it is not just a peculiarity of the US legal system.
AJ

Post by AJ »

Richmond - including their coach - stuck with their players after a nightclub fight.

Our weak leaders through JDG under the bus. And it will come back to bite them. And we wonder why we are a rabble on and off the field.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.esp ... atform=amp
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

AJ wrote:Richmond - including their coach - stuck with their players after a nightclub fight.
Richmond and their coach should not have made excuses after the nightclub fight, and they were rightly condemned for doing so, after which they failed to fire a shot on-field.
princem007

Post by princem007 »

Sounds like another story blown up by the media and Pies had no choice but to stand him down.

Jordy pleaded not guilty , that’s good enough for me.

I’d be very disappointed if he was sacked and I don’t think I would renew my membership.

We need players with some mongrel, we play a tough game and I don’t condone any violence or abuse against women and It sounds like this hasn’t happened with charge being dropped.

If anything we can keep all 3 of our stars as JDG won’t be offered the same dollars and no club will take chance on him.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
AJ

Post by AJ »

“ WE DON’T CONDONE VIOLENCE IN ANY WAY, SO DON’T GET ME WRONG THERE, BUT WHAT I WILL SAY IS THERE ARE CERTAIN SITUATIONS WHERE WE EXPECT OUR PLAYERS TO MAKE A STAND.”

- Hardwick in Richmond mid season scuffle.

Where is our coach? Why is he silent?