#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by Pies2016 »

AJ wrote:“ WE DON’T CONDONE VIOLENCE IN ANY WAY, SO DON’T GET ME WRONG THERE, BUT WHAT I WILL SAY IS THERE ARE CERTAIN SITUATIONS WHERE WE EXPECT OUR PLAYERS TO MAKE A STAND.”

- Hardwick in Richmond mid season scuffle.

Where is our coach? Why is he silent?
Was that quote from the same year they went from premiers to twelfth ?
……Just asking
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

AJ wrote:“ WE DON’T CONDONE VIOLENCE IN ANY WAY, SO DON’T GET ME WRONG THERE, BUT WHAT I WILL SAY IS THERE ARE CERTAIN SITUATIONS WHERE WE EXPECT OUR PLAYERS TO MAKE A STAND.”

Probably waiting to find out exactly what happened. Smart move
Jezza
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 205 times

Post by Jezza »

My head is spinning with this situation, especially as the issue is constantly evolving.

On the one hand, there's anger and disappointment with the way JDG keeps getting himself into trouble.

I think in the circumstances, the club was right to have him stood down until the hearing occurred and they could then follow up on a more definitive decision on his future after that.

On the other hand, I'm relieved for him that one of the charges against him have been dropped.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

De Goey could get hit by a bus and people would want him sacked for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and instigating it.
Get back on top.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Very annoyed that he can't pull his head in. He presents as a village idiot who can be a very good player when he turns up.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
E

Post by E »

i was inappropriately groped by Snookie at PHD a couple of years ago. it is that type of place! All good clean fun but lots of ... what's the word... "physical" dancing. Its not a crime that he went there. PHD is was one of the better clubs in New York for regular folks who want to blow off steam.

My take on what happened is that he and his buddy were on the dance floor (in robes with AFL bodies) and i bet a couple of girls decided they liked them. Danced up on them. Sounds like that was all fine until his tattoo guy mad a move on one of them which either (i) was totally inappropriate as it was not consensual, or (ii) it was totally fine and consensual until boyfriend saw what was going on and got upset. Either way, boyfriend stepped in and was likely someone important at the club (a nobody in life but a very important person at the club). Is Jordan not supposed to stick up for his friend. even if his tattoo friend was in the wrong, you have to stand by your friend in an altercation scenario. We've all been there.

Unless DeGoey is not allowed to do ANYTHING, this type of thing can and will happen. The sexual inappropriateness aside, altercations between boys about girls is a fairly regular occurrence among 22-24 year old men.

What is lost here is that this happened on a break from intense workouts that will hold Jordan in great stead this year and has me very excited about what we might see from him this year. he just came to New York to update his tatts!

Also, news media is overloaded. something similar to this happened to a very prominent Richmond player 15 years ago here in new york (i know because i was there) and it didnt even make the news. no one knows about it to this day.
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

Cam wrote:De Goey could get hit by a bus and people would want him sacked for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and instigating it.
Gotta say mate he gets hit by a different bus every year,

3rd degree wrote:Very annoyed that he can't pull his head in. He presents as a village idiot who can be a very good player when he turns up.
This in a nutshell!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

E wrote:i was inappropriately groped by Snookie at PHD a couple of years ago. it is that type of place! All good clean fun but lots of ... what's the word... "physical" dancing. Its not a crime that he went there. PHD is was one of the better clubs in New York for regular folks who want to blow off steam.

My take on what happened is that he and his buddy were on the dance floor (in robes with AFL bodies) and i bet a couple of girls decided they liked them. Danced up on them. Sounds like that was all fine until his tattoo guy mad a move on one of them which either (i) was totally inappropriate as it was not consensual, or (ii) it was totally fine and consensual until boyfriend saw what was going on and got upset. Either way, boyfriend stepped in and was likely someone important at the club (a nobody in life but a very important person at the club). Is Jordan not supposed to stick up for his friend. even if his tattoo friend was in the wrong, you have to stand by your friend in an altercation scenario. We've all been there.

Unless DeGoey is not allowed to do ANYTHING, this type of thing can and will happen. The sexual inappropriateness aside, altercations between boys about girls is a fairly regular occurrence among 22-24 year old men.

What is lost here is that this happened on a break from intense workouts that will hold Jordan in great stead this year and has me very excited about what we might see from him this year. he just came to New York to update his tatts!

Also, news media is overloaded. something similar to this happened to a very prominent Richmond player 15 years ago here in new york (i know because i was there) and it didnt even make the news. no one knows about it to this day.
Thanks E for this alternative, but very realistic, assessment of what happened. I think it really helps to establish the context, and as a result to consider the possiblity that in this situation JDG may have done very little to be considered reprehensible and therefore warranting him to be sacked. I think though there is an issue with his preliminary choices (knowingly going into this sexualised atmosphere in a night robe with his AFL body clearly visible, and also his choice of friend on the occasion) could be the main issue. Incidents like this will no doubt continue if JDG continues to manufacture the preliminary conditions for them to do so. My hope is that he is cleared of all charges, returns to the club suitably chastised, and mentally prepared to play a cracking season. MacRae and the other coaches could hopefully put in place a structural mentoring program and strict conditions for JDG to improve his decision making off the field.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

Should GW and Craig Mac alert him to the way it must be / will be

It’s ours & club way or the highway
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Bit different given the Tigers event happened in season when the club is available to the media, JDG in the off season when they're not.

I don't doubt it'll be the subject of discussion at press conferences going forward.

Further, the club has made a very appropriate statement. Don't see the need for anything more at this time.
Last edited by jackcass on Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

He will be back in Australia some time in December & assumption have been made ( I have been one who has made some)

There is a lot to play out between Dec 8 and his eventual meeting with football management
Piesnchess
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IN 2 weeks or so, this will be yesterdays news, largely forgotten, so moving right along now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Agree
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by Skids »

Piesnchess wrote:IN 2 weeks or so, this will be yesterdays news, largely forgotten, so moving right along now.
Yep, the blokes a bit of a nutter and by the looks of it, always will be. Maybe our new coaching panel can get his small brain focused more on the game he's payed to play, let's hope so. He's a very talented footballer.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

It must be on the lower end of the scale, seeing he is on bail and is even allowed to come back to Australia, so the yanks can't be too fussed if he decides to not come back at all.

Collingwood wise, we should unload him after this year. Is it too late to trade him this year for a high pick?