#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Well everybody has been calling Ross Lyon a great coach and Ross Lyon hasn't achieved any more as a coach than Nathan Buckley.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

It makes total sense that if one demonises Eddie McGuire, it helps to undermine anything he has done, anything around him, including the appointment of Buckley, and the doubt placed over anything he has done. It makes total sense, the logic all falls into place. Blame is always backed up by this beautiful construct.

One can never relent on anything, keep it up. Must keep it up.

I can't wait to see who is next, what a hoot !

Regards,
Balme The Bread Roll Eater
Pert the hated
Pendles the recluse
Walsh the useless
The useless medicos
The soft ground
Hine the can't pick em
Eddie the emperor
Buckley the mate
And the board, everything else
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:Well everybody has been calling Ross Lyon a great coach and Ross Lyon hasn't achieved any more as a coach than Nathan Buckley.
Ross Lyon? Ha! Who said he was a great coach?? So glad we didn't appoint him.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

BazBoy wrote:MaClure is a know all know nothing sub standard journo

I have an aka for Sam but best kept to self
Actually, it was hogface Mark McClure.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

WarrenerraW wrote:
Rubbish! Buckley was criticised on here because he was a terribly incompetent coach who never should have been anointed in the first place.
LOL, a “terribly incompetent coach”.

That’s hilarious.
stui magpie
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by stui magpie »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:He'd be a hell of a player at $800K a season, rather than $1.2M
Make that a heavily incentive based contract with both on and off field targets and I'm in.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Magpietothemax wrote:^McClure's article is an excellent example of gutter journalism, and confirms how the media is attempting to aggravate and amplify this whole incident with as much vitriol as possible.
McClure blamed JDG for losing the GF in 2018. That's a disgraceful comment. He then declares that he was already of the opinion that we should have moved JDG on, and this seals it. Yes, sure Mark. You don't even know what actually happened. And no one cares that you thought we should have moved him on earlier.
Really disgusting piece. I guess that this is one of the penalties that JDG must cop for his decision-making.
So which Nicks poster is McClure? :lol: :lol:
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

WarrenerraW wrote:
Lazza wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:If the club is serious about success then we'll be smart and trade de gropey as soon as we can. He's a liability with form that stretches back years. We have had 5 or so seasons to offload him and with his career hanging on a knifes edge, we might not get another chance to get something of value for him.

Let's face it, he's half arsed and has a poor attitude towards preparation and recovery. He has flashy moments during games but otherwise goes walkies and won't put in the hard yards on or off field. In his mind he's a superstar but in reality he's just an idiot wanting a million dollars for not much return. Needs to go.
So Buckley was heavily criticised on Nick’s and accused of wanting a club full of good decent citizens playing football instead of having a few bad boys with a mongrel streak playing hard at it footy without taking a backward step.
Do we go back to the soft Buckley model or support the team with a much harder edge as long as the players don’t perform illegal acts? I prefer the latter.
Rubbish! Buckley was criticised on here because he was a terribly incompetent coach who never should have been anointed in the first place. His so-called coaching was constipating and set us back years. Football clubs are full of all different personality types. Buckely was a narcissist and an ego maniac. All the lovey dovey sh!t towards the end was a front and desperate attempt to save his job. He lost the respect of the playing group years ago.

Footballers are supposed to be professional athletes and behave like adults like the rest of society. I don't want my club forking out 800k for a dickhead who continually makes poor life decisions and harms others.
Agree
And guys, yes we need a hit man on the field, doesn’t mean he has to be one off it. Not all hard nuts are pysco
Last edited by think positive on Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Magpietothemax wrote:^McClure's article ... declares that he was already of the opinion that we should have moved JDG on, and this seals it. Yes, sure Mark.
This is what SEN reported after the Gold Coast game in 2021:
Carlton great Mark Maclure is fed up with De Goey and has urged Collingwood to considering trading him for draft picks.

De Goey inked a lucrative two-year contract extension last year.

“De Goey goes in the middle sometimes, picks and chooses when he wants to play, picks and chooses if he wants to tackle … I would get rid of De Goey,” Maclure told Fox Footy.

“It’d be easy to get rid of him. He wants huge money, but does he actually play to that money? No. So why don’t you get some kids for him? Get a couple of draft picks.

“Because at this stage, is he helping this club? Or is he just doing it for himself?”
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/04/ ... e-de-goey/

It's been his opinion for some time. You will see from the article that Lethal shared a similar view at the time.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I reckon that’s pretty spot on. He really could be top 10 in the league, but he’s an entitled brat
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:I reckon that’s pretty spot on. He really could be top 10 in the league, but he’s an entitled brat
We know you don't like him. He's not so much an entitled brat as a guy one should feel sorry for, due to his clear lack of control over impulses and poor decision making. If he is guilty of very little here, as I suspect, then just lay off him and see what he can do next year.
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:^McClure's article ... declares that he was already of the opinion that we should have moved JDG on, and this seals it. Yes, sure Mark.

It's been his opinion for some time. You will see from the article that Lethal shared a similar view at the time.
Fair enough.
But I wasn't trying to suggest by my comment that there was doubt surrounding McClure's previous opinion on JDG. I was simply trying to say that we (Collingwood supporters) don't necessarily care if that was his opinion.
In any case, he has simply jumped on a super easy bandwagon: let's condemn De Goey, without even knowing what exactly happened. Let's assume that this incident proves our previous judgement about De Goey as a player.
I respect Leigh Matthew's opinion far more than McClure's. but the way Matthews phrased it, it sounds to me more like a challenge to De Goey to prove him wrong, than a denigration like McClure's.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

think positive wrote:I reckon that’s pretty spot on. He really could be top 10 in the league, but he’s an entitled brat
I tend to agree TP. Aside from this latest crap which I'll hold judgement on until all details emerge is nobody else bothered by the fact it's taken the impending end of his contact to actually have a 'serious' crack at getting fit?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Magpietothemax wrote:
We know you don't like him. He's not so much an entitled brat as a guy one should feel sorry for, due to his clear lack of control over impulses and poor decision making. If he is guilty of very little here, as I suspect, then just lay off him and see what he can do next year.
Incorrect on all counts, I used to love him, have a look at all my Jordy shots. Feel sorry for a guy who can’t control his impulses? Would you like to hear about the time when I was about 13 and I saw my dad knock my mum out cold and revive her With a bucket of ice cold water? After which he took off into the night and left me to care for Mum and my baby sister in the caravan, and my blind drunk 15 year old sister who was puking all over our shared tent. You may think groping a woman and punching a man trying to help her, and then kicking him when he was down is very little but I beg to differ! Dropped charges do not equal not guilty, especially when high powered defence attorneys are involved. As much as I live and breathe Collingwood, I have the decency to be embarrassed by all the shit he keeps getting caught doing. I have 2 daughters his age, I’d damn cut his balls off if he treated them like that.
think positive

Post by think positive »

nomadjack wrote:
I tend to agree TP. Aside from this latest crap which I'll hold judgement on until all details emerge is nobody else bothered by the fact it's taken the impending end of his contact to actually have a 'serious' crack at getting fit?
exactly right, first time he has shown up for preseason with out a beer belly.