#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining assault charge is also dropped or downgraded and never gets to court. After all, there were no reports of any real injury, as no-one received medical attention. Also, remember that after the incident, JDG and his tattooed 'mate' simply returned to the bar, rather than attempt to flee the scene.

However, the fact remains he is a dickhead for putting himself in such a position - clearly off his face at 2.30 am, while supposedly training in the US to get super fit.
think positive
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining assault charge is also dropped or downgraded and never gets to court. After all, there were no reports of any real injury, as no-one received medical attention. Also, remember that after the incident, JDG and his tattooed 'mate' simply returned to the bar, rather than attempt to flee the scene.

However, the fact remains he is a dickhead for putting himself in such a position - clearly off his face at 2.30 am, while supposedly training in the US to get super fit.
i said the day the other charge was dropped his lawyers will get the assault charges dropped too.

does anyone know if the other guy had his charges dropped?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

There was an interesting paragraph in a Yahoo sport column saying that if convicted Collingwood could tear up his current contract worth 750 K

Now I’m not offay with this stuff so any heads up on this being fact

Also was told that AFL can revoke his playing permit

Hoe real are these options if convicted
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

^^ if convicted you'd imagine that those options are available to the club and the AFL.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

think positive wrote:
MJ23 wrote:^ thats what Ive been saying all along.

And Im not paying any attention to whats been "reported" other than at this stage the police report which said.
- all were intoxicated
- All refused medical

It also had several serious charges, one of which being in my view the most damning - was dropped very quickly.
was it dropped against both offenders? not hearing much about the other dude
Just the “touching” charge dropped. Really don’t know anything about the other dude.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by neil »

think positive wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
I also have a son and to think that society could write him of so quickly when he could be innocent factually but guilty through accusation. Its just wrong.
and if that son had a bottle smashed into his face, and was punched and kicked by two 6 foot men for the crime of defending your daughter?
If two 6 foot fit men glassed punched and kicked some one in the head multiple times there is a good chance of being knocked unconscious. I have doubts anyone could walk away refusing medical attention.

Still I am angry JDG keeps getting in the media for the wrong reasons
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
stui magpie
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining assault charge is also dropped or downgraded and never gets to court. After all, there were no reports of any real injury, as no-one received medical attention. Also, remember that after the incident, JDG and his tattooed 'mate' simply returned to the bar, rather than attempt to flee the scene.

Yes he's a dickhead, but he's on annual leave. The intensive training he was doing was on his own time, getting shitfaced one night won't undo all that training. If he keeps it up he will still be in great shape.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Yes, it's a contract year, so I expect JDG to get really fit and play great football.
Once a new contract is signed then it'll be time to party.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

He actually said the training was as much about this year as it was for building to a big contract when a free agent in 2023
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 50 times

Post by warburton lad »

I'm certainly not an acolyte of what the AFL does as a rule, but consider the following.

Part of the AFL protocols when a person is drafted is that there is mandatory AFL-run training/PD around all sorts of scenarios that the young person will face in their time on an AFL list.

Social media/Respectful relationships/acceptable behaviours are all covered in that professional development time.

When the player gets to their club, similar training is undertaken to reinforce the above. No one can say that they are ignorant of the expectations of either the AFL or his/her club around this stuff.

Commonsense would dictate that being at a nightclub at 2-30am and being (allegedly) quite inebriated, would not be a wise position to place oneself in.

Sadly, commonsense and elite sportspeople are, frequently, mutually exclusive. Although I love the brilliant number 2, I despair that if the penny has not dropped by the age of 25, it may never do so...

I am just glad that none of the participants in the alleged fracas needed, or sought, medical attention.

It saddens me to reflect on a number of late-at night or early-morning incidents in our country which have seen lethal consequences for those involved.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Who cares what he has done! Get the boy home and if he plays well all is forgotten and forgiven.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Whether he comes back in 3 weeks or 6 weeks is moot

Rest assured, unless he puts in a magnificent 2022, end of year, unlike our previous gossip, no team is going to offer him $900 per year.

So good chance he will play out his career with us.

And all this will be forgotten. Unless we are stick in the mud and are shocked by Rat Pack Mentality !
E

Post by E »

MJ23 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
MJ23 wrote: Yes, yes he did.
And again, depending on what actually happened yes Id welcome him back to make amends. Side by Side
As much as I loved Milane he had a bad boy reputation when Hawthorn let him go. As I said in another post every individual is different, even ones who who share behavioral issues. If I had any doubt that De Goey sexually assaulted a female I wouldn’t want him back at Collingwood even if he was the best player in the AFL. I sympathize with Think Positive. However facts are facts. He pleaded not guilty and the sexual charges have been withdrawn. He deserves the presumption of innocence. Collingwood are doing exactly what they should be doing by suspending him while paying him the terms of his contract. Even if the club wants to get rid of him we’re stuck with the terms of his contract till the end of next year. There’s a lot to play out here. Just remember here Jordan De Goey isn’t the first or last footballer to louse up. He deserves the same consideration as any other footballer caught up in a situation which with a bit of common sense they could have avoided.
agree 100% - as someone said before - I have a daughter. If he has sexually assaulted a female Id want him gone.

I also have a son and to think that society could write him of so quickly when he could be innocent factually but guilty through accusation. Its just wrong.
Sexual assault and a good fun grope is all a matter of consent. from what i have ascertained over here, it looks like said lady was very happy with the attention until boyfriend noticed. Honestly, nothing to see here. he doesnt need counselling, he needs nothing. A big night on the town (something he is absolutely entitled to) got a bit out of control due to one dude having a flirty girlfriend and not liking it is nothing to alter careers for.

He is training the house down by all reports and this was a three day break from that.