#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

peter ryan@petryan·2m
"
Collingwood's Jordan De Goey has released a statement from his lawyer in New York, Jacob Kaplan, on Instagram. "Mr De Goey intends to vigorously defend himself against these unwarranted charges." @agerealfooty
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Tom Browne @TomBrowne7·1m

"There is a very specific legal tone to De Goey’s statement.He is really arguing he is in a position and condition to uphold his end of his contract / bargain with Collingwood. For example, can travel, will prepare for the season etc."
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Given the poor track record of men's sport in Australia in regard to violence towards women, and the fact that DeGoey has form in this and other respects, standing him down as a first reaction sends the right message - to him and to the community.

He doesn't get paid just to play football.
Ummm....what factual evidence is there that JDG has been violent towards women???

Also, I think it would be news to 90% of AFL footballers that they are getting paid to do activities other than play football!!!

So, how much do they earn per hospital visit??? How much per school visit? How much for endorsing a community event/message? etc etc
I wonder if ALFPA has established payment rates for these extracurricular activities or mandated how they can be included in player's contract terms???

If not, AFLPA needs to address this immediately, if it's now accepted that they are contracted to do more than play football.
:wink:
Last edited by PyreneesPie on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote: However, what I would object to is the club making decisions about his career based just on the opinion and pressure generated by the identity politics layer and the media. The decision, and my final opinion on the matter, will be based on what is established in court regarding the physical assault allegation.
Likewise.

I read that article first thing this morning and was immediately infuriated by it. Such a biased, skewed and hysterical opinion piece. Absolute rubbish journalism.
E

Post by E »

E

Post by E »

RudeBoy wrote:
mattdally wrote:Sounds like the club will end up with egg on it's face after this has concluded.
Jordan is free to travel and does not need to appear in court.

Can't understand why the club acted so quickly to suspend him without speaking with him.
Where did you read he doesn't need to appear in court? My understanding was he was still charged with assault.

I'm happy for this not to be the case, in fact, I half expected the assault charge to fall over, but I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere.
The club did the right thing. Suspended with pay until the matter is cleared up and facts are confirmed. What would have been stupid would be to sack him only to find out he did nothing wrong. But equally, I think the pies learned from Heath Shaw and Alan Didak the dangers of supporting players without the facts. All the club has done is made the step of suspending a guy who is planning to train in the US for a while. sensible. as others said, the club cant condone violence and so until the allegations are cleared up, they have done the right thing. I'm hopeful that privately they are in communication with Jordan to confirm that they are still supporting him pending the outcome of the process.
stui magpie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:
mattdally wrote:Sounds like the club will end up with egg on it's face after this has concluded.

Can't understand why the club acted so quickly to suspend him without speaking with him.
Where did you read he doesn't need to appear in court? My understanding was he was still charged with assault.

I'm happy for this not to be the case, in fact, I half expected the assault charge to fall over, but I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere.
My understanding is that he has no restrictions on his travel and while charges of assault are still sceduled to be heard in court, he doesn't necessarily need to be present. He could be represented by his lawyer or could, if required, video conferece in
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

My understanding is that he has no restrictions on his travel and while charges of assault are still sceduled to be heard in court, he doesn't necessarily need to be present. He could be represented by his lawyer or could, if required, video conferece in
If this is true, then it would seem to give credibility to the suggestions that he has little to answer for. Of course, while nothing is demonstrably shown to be true at this stage, we can only hope without assuming anything.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
AJ

Post by AJ »

#FreeJordan
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Catherine Ordway is just adding to her resume. In reality probably knows stuff all evidence.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

AJ wrote:#FreeJordan
:lol:
The comparison with Julian Assange is so insanely ridiculous that I had to laugh.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

ronrat wrote:Catherine Ordway is just adding to her resume. In reality probably knows stuff all evidence.
Without a doubt, knows stuff all evidence. This is the essential hallmark of Me Too.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
E

Post by E »

David, i respect you a lot, but that isn't the case here. And the posters here you are insulting as "gullible" can take this to the bank.