#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 35 times

Post by BazBoy »

After 41 pages I’m sure practically all aspects of Jordan’s situation has been
discussed

The full & correct outcome will be there for all to see soon enough

Tine will tell
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m wondering if it got to police because someone figured out who Jordy is, or even if there was an Australian involved.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Magpietothemax wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: Where did you read he doesn't need to appear in court? My understanding was he was still charged with assault.

I'm happy for this not to be the case, in fact, I half expected the assault charge to fall over, but I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere.
My understanding is that he has no restrictions on his travel and while charges of assault are still sceduled to be heard in court, he doesn't necessarily need to be present. He could be represented by his lawyer or could, if required, video conferece in
If this is true, then it would seem to give credibility to the suggestions that he has little to answer for. Of course, while nothing is demonstrably shown to be true at this stage, we can only hope without assuming anything.
He is free to come back to Australia anytime.....but he has to return to New York to face the assault charge on 8 December.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

You reckon cruising around a night club in nothing other than a hotel robe isn’t enough to make yourself noticeable?

Absolute flog.

AND the vision of his eyes popping out of his head….. he was flying I reckon!!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
MurderousMagpie

Post by MurderousMagpie »

burnsy17 wrote:You reckon cruising around a night club in nothing other than a hotel robe isn’t enough to make yourself noticeable?

Absolute flog.

So....????

What is it to you in all honesty?

Since when was being a footy player the same as being the Pope?

The comments going around here, if I was JDG I'd request a trade to go to Carlton and I would haunt people like you burnsy, haunt your nightmares for the next 7 to 8 years

I would want to bury this backstabbing black and white mob with at least 5 goals per game everytime we meet.

Enough dramas going on in the world without the fanbase of a sporting team who support Gladiators but turn on Thier Gladiators when they have a little fun with a couple of drinks in the off season
Last edited by MurderousMagpie on Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ What are the chances that he'd play either of his two good games a year against Collingwood?
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

burnsy17 wrote:You reckon cruising around a night club in nothing other than a hotel robe isn’t enough to make yourself noticeable?

Absolute flog.

It was a Halloween costume at a Halloween function.

Some people have lead very very quiet lives……
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MurderousMagpie

Pies4shaw wrote:^ What are the chances that he'd play either of his two good games a year against Collingwood?
Are you aware that he is Collingwoods best chance at a Brownlow?
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

MJ23 wrote:

Absolute flog.

Halloween outfit?

What was he? A witch? Wizard? Hugh Hefner??!!

Give me a spell, he though he was some cool rapper or James Harden!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
MurderousMagpie

^
Lock in Hugh Hefner
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

MurderousMagpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ What are the chances that he'd play either of his two good games a year against Collingwood?
Are you aware that he is Collingwoods best chance at a Brownlow?
Best change at a Brownlow? Has he ever even made the squad of 40 for the AA?

Personaly, wow I think he will be lucky to still be at the club by the end of 2022 ...let alone worrying about a Brownlow.

But like everyone else we await with baited breath the court date.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

burnsy17 wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Absolute flog.

Halloween outfit?

What was he? A witch? Wizard? Hugh Hefner??!!

Give me a spell, he though he was some cool rapper or James Harden!
If you watch an earlier video they’re getting ready for what seems an impromptu Halloween party at the hotel and have no actual costumes, so grab the hotel robes as a last resort ‘costume’ and laugh at the idea as if to say, we’ll, this is pretty much all we’ve got.
Est. 2002
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

If what De Goey is saying in this morning’s edition of the Herald-Sun is true in that the man and woman were stealing their drinks in the roped off area of the nightclub, his version of events will completely exonerate him, while De Goey’s friend has some explaining to do for attacking the guy with a bottle. This will all come out if it goes to court, but I suspect it won’t and the remaining charges will be withdrawn. As others have been saying De Goey needs to watch what he drinks when he goes out and he needs to be careful of the company he keeps.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 50 times

Post by warburton lad »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:If what De Goey is saying in this morning’s edition of the Herald-Sun is true in that the man and woman were stealing their drinks in the roped off area of the nightclub, his version of events will completely exonerate him, while De Goey’s friend has some explaining to do for attacking the guy with a bottle. This will all come out if it goes to court, but I suspect it won’t and the remaining charges will be withdrawn. As others have been saying De Goey needs to watch what he drinks when he goes out and he needs to be careful of the company he keeps.
I agree with the above- especially the part about liquid intake and company he keeps. I don't expect De Goey to join the Methodist Church, but the club should provide him with an ongoing level of life-coaching to temper his alleged behaviour/s.

I just hope that he does not have to front Judge Judy- that would make the circus complete!

I always believe that people can redeem themselves and I am certain that De Goey would possess more than a modicum of self-respect and want to turn his life around in a meaningful sense.

I am old enough to recall a very young Ricky Ponting being flattened at a Sydney nightclub well before he became Australian captain. The optimist that resides in me still hopes (perhaps, forlornly) that this guy will turn things around and achieve a level of personal and professional excellence of which he can be proud.

Us wishing it, and the Club mentoring it mean nothing unless and until he makes the conscious decision to be the best possible version of himself.

Floreat Pica
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:If what De Goey is saying in this morning’s edition of the Herald-Sun is true in that the man and woman were stealing their drinks in the roped off area of the nightclub, his version of events will completely exonerate him, while De Goey’s friend has some explaining to do for attacking the guy with a bottle. This will all come out if it goes to court, but I suspect it won’t and the remaining charges will be withdrawn. As others have been saying De Goey needs to watch what he drinks when he goes out and he needs to be careful of the company he keeps.
Newsflash - Defendant's version of events, if believed, would completely exonerate him/her.