#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Big T »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:What I’m suggesting is that flying 5 hours to the other side of the country, getting high AF, having videos of himself in said condition, which were inevitably posted on social media, getting in a fight at a nightclub and having a “mate” who sounds like a bad influence/troublemaker and apparently without any minders/security is all not the way to avoid trouble. And I am further suggesting that someone who has been in as much trouble as JDG should try to avoid further trouble, yes. I would also add that wearing a bathrobe to a nightclub just screams Have a go at me, I’m a bogan idiot but maybe I’m just an old fuddy duddy and that’s how the kids roll these days

Did I mention in a contract year and under a new coach?

I’m sure if you’re a young, buffed, cashed up bloke you wouldn’t have much trouble arranging a private party in LA where there aren’t random people attempting to steal your bourbon (which I highly doubt is what really happened but of course have no more way of knowing than you)

Cashed up people who aren’t complete **** pay other people to assault people who attempt to steal their shit. They don’t do it themselves, because then they wind up in jail
Granted but all I care about is he dominates and helps us lift the cup in 2025
Buon Giorno
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:Cashed up people who aren’t complete **** pay other people to assault people who attempt to steal their shit. They don’t do it themselves, because then they wind up in jail
It doesn't seem to be too high a standard to demand of members of your football team, does it? :lol:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

The majority of players seem to be able to manage it. or at least do a sufficiently convincing imitation

We’d all be happy to see JDG lift the cup in 2025 or any other year, but he has once again put his ability to potentially do that at risk with his own actions
Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by think positive »

Truth!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

jackcass wrote:Now he's responsible for some morons encroaching into that area to (allegedly) steal his grog?
No - he's responsible for his reaction to that as a highly paid professional known to be in the public eye.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

E

Post by E »

The difference in the reporting in the above 2 articles is staggering but they essentially say the same thing.

However, one is a sensationalized piece of bullshit and the other is factual, sensible reporting that actually quotes what the coach say (and lets the words tell you how the coach is feeling rather than sensationalized bullshit like "coy") and updates the facts about the case to include all of the facts now known (instead of still reporting that erroneous sex charges were immediately dropped).

I hate the fact that people form views based on the irresponsible biased brand of the reporting from ABC. You cant argue that any of the statements are untrue per se, but they really do try very hard to lead you to the wrong conclusion. No wonder some of you over-reacted to this story. i blame the press. assholes!
E

Post by E »

jackcass wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote: Too right !

Off season, a single mid 20's guy lives it up, and gets into an >altercation. Put himself in a situation he could have avoided.

Unfortunately, not everybody is mother Theresa.

Wasn't there a supporter uproar when MM wanted to recruit good characters ?

Moral of the story... The more things change, the more things remain the same.
I have highlighted the relevant part for you

It should say “again” at the end

Mother Teresa was an evil bitch who let sick people suffer then ignored her own standards when she got sick herself. So not saying JDG is as bad as her
Pretty circular discussion but seriously, you're suggesting he shouldn't go to a nightclub? A young, buffed, cashed up bloke on holidays? His own time. He even paid to get an exclusive roped off area, Away from potential trouble. Now he's responsible for some morons encroaching into that area to (allegedly) steal his grog?
the roped off area doesnt keep you away from trouble at PHD. it drops you right in the middle of it. They probably only bought a table so that they could get in on short notice. Cash is king in New York.
Back bucks

Post by Back bucks »

E wrote:The difference in the reporting in the above 2 articles is staggering but they essentially say the same thing.

However, one is a sensationalized piece of bullshit and the other is factual, sensible reporting that actually quotes what the coach say (and lets the words tell you how the coach is feeling rather than sensationalized bullshit like "coy") and updates the facts about the case to include all of the facts now known (instead of still reporting that erroneous sex charges were immediately dropped).

I hate the fact that people form views based on the irresponsible biased brand of the reporting from ABC. You cant argue that any of the statements are untrue per se, but they really do try very hard to lead you to the wrong conclusion. No wonder some of you over-reacted to this story. i blame the press. assholes!
Could not agree more with you E . McRae is saying exactly what i said. Look after the man ,give him support and wait for all the facts to come out . McRae has a level head.
I blame my hair loss on supporting Collingwood for 50 years
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I often wonder do media bods ask the same question about a situation like JDG expecting the usual response-OR hoping for a slip of the tongue to pounce on and put up their enterpritation to said slip

Good on Craig who I see as relatively unflappable
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Back bucks wrote:
E wrote:The difference in the reporting in the above 2 articles is staggering but they essentially say the same thing.

Could not agree more with you E . McRae is saying exactly what i said. Look after the man ,give him support and wait for all the facts to come out . McRae has a level head.
I watched the interview- refuse to read any article about an interview I already watched. They will never be factual and always be opinion based designed to sell clicks.
Our coach spoke well. In the whole interview in what he said and what he didn't say. While a first time senior coach, clearly experienced enough in dealing with the media.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Back bucks wrote:
Yep, I found it really affirming that the coach is fully behind supporting the welfare of the person in this scenario and is dealing with it in a calm, clear-headed manner.

Fully agree with E's appraisal of the two articles. Plus, the ABC also used that really unflattering stock photo of JDG that is doing the rounds at the moment. Couldn't use one of him celebrating kicking a goal? Oh no. Makes the bias of the article even more obvious
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Back bucks wrote: Unlike you E however, I don't blame the media for the hysterical over-reaction of some Pies supporters and their propensity to want to hang one of our own out to dry..
Exactly. We saw ample evidence of this sickening “propensity” when Bucks was totally hung, drawn, nailed and crucified
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Geez, are you sure you aren't the one overreacting? "Coy" is not exactly a sensationalist word? The definition of Coy is "reluctant to give details about something regarded as sensitive". I watched the interview and that is exactly what he sounded like...
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire