The 2021 Great Big Consolidated Trade & Draft thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Pies2016 »

swoop42 wrote:Haven't found any clarification but North seemingly traded their future 3rd as part of the pick swap for Darcy (unless they held multiple) and we haven't in fact ended up with their 3rd round selection. Probably the Dogs.

Who really knows though until the media get off their arse and clarify.

Bring back the draft tracker!
It is a mess no matter what platform you refer to for any detail.
I’m confident we secured Kangas future third rounder as part of those pick swaps
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

From the AFL site…

The Roos also were involved in a trade with Collingwood and received the Pies' second-round pick of No.36, giving up a third-round pick (No.38) and a future third-round selection.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

AFL reporting we got pick 38 and a future 3rd... But according to Fox, we already have pick 38 via Richmond!
"The Roos also were involved in a trade with Collingwood and received the Pies' second-round pick of No.36, giving up a third-round pick (No.38 ) and a future third-round selection."
What a mess
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

The harvest of 20/21 ..and still a couple more

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/statu ... 60/photo/1
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I'm fairly confident it was pick 36 for pick 48 and the dogs future 3rd.

Pick 48 is already now 45 and could come in again if further matching of NGA/FS bids occur.

The additional 3rd round selection might be used in a deal already in place to snare a 2021 second round selection.

Pick 36 would have been swallowed up if we held on to it and in reality the deal struck might have been the best on offer from the 17 other clubs.

Plenty still to play out.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

swoop42 wrote:I'm fairly confident it was pick 36 for pick 48 and the dogs future 3rd.

Pick 48 is already now 45 and could come in again if further matching of NGA/FS bids occur.

The additional 3rd round selection might be used in a deal already in place to snare a 2021 second round selection.

Pick 36 would have been swallowed up if we held on to it and in reality the deal struck might have been the best on offer from the 17 other clubs.

Plenty still to play out.
So your reading is that the trade was for pick 48 as it stood at that moment, rather than 48 from the beginning? Because neither North nor Bulldogs ever possessed pick 48 - we had it! Nor did they possess pick 38 - we had it!
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

These friggin " Gurus " should at least try and explain to help us understand, no matter how complicated it is...

Fox footy with Sheehan and Sarah and the rest are far better than the GURUS at "AFL headquarters" , they get caught up in their own egos
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Complete amateur hour by the AFL website not to have live updates of the draft order after trades and matched bids.
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

Recalled.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Confirmed. The future 3rd is tied to the dogs.

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/statu ... 0&ref_url=
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Brisbane don't hold any 2021 2nd round selections so it's hard to know who else if anyone might be interested in a trade for multiple future 3rds this draft period.

Perhaps it's best we just hold them and see what opportunities arise next year.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/ ... 7751194001

Hine pretty much confirming we explored trade options with multiple clubs for pick 36 so you can only deduce that the Kangaroo offer was the best of the lot.
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

swoop42 wrote:Brisbane don't hold any 2021 2nd round selections so it's hard to know who else if anyone might be interested in a trade for multiple future 3rds this draft period.

Perhaps it's best we just hold them and see what opportunities arise next year.
Lions did have pick 41 ( early third ) at the start of the draft, so assuming they still have it, that’s on the cards. There will be likely three NGA bids in the second round and at one F / S, so if we could do a deal for futures, the original 41 might come in to high thirties. We may need to throw in our last 2021 pick because Lions went to draft with only 3 picks originally.
For us to finish with a pick in the thirties in this draft and maintain an adjusted 2022 draft hand would be a brilliant result over three drafts in the making ( 2020 - 2022 )
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

swoop42 wrote:https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1033320/draft-interview-derek-hine?videoId=1033320&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1637751194001

Hine pretty much confirming we explored trade options with multiple clubs for pick 36 so you can only deduce that the Kangaroo offer was the best of the lot.
Didn’t Hine say that it was North who approached Collingwood about trading this pick in the event of Daicos being picked up at pick 4? So it’s not really about accepting the best offer, but more clubs trading for mutual benefit because without sellers you don’t have buyers (and if Nick Daicos went too high Collingwood wouldn’t be a seller). Pretty much explains why the first 10 selections in the draft were preordained. Everybody knew who they would be.
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

^ ^ ^
Reckon they would much prefer to buy back in this year than keep the futures for a big draft haul in 2022. There will be more than enough kids on this list by the time the 2022 draft comes around. Keep our 2022 first rounder and then do the minimum required for the rest of the 2022 draft would surely be their preference.
As for tonight, Rhett Bazzo would be on their short list if they can buy back late into the second round. Tall mobile WA swing man who polarises the recruiters on where he will land.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “