Finalising the VFL team?

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Finalising the VFL team?

Post by Presti35 »

Now that all the drafts are over, we can look to the VFL team to see if there's an opportunity for someone to play there.

We know that we've recently added Derek Eggmolesse-Smith and Michael Hartley to the VFL squad, but will there be any others?

An earlier thread suggests Oscar Brownless. Who are the best players to miss out on an AFL list?

Patrick Naish was linked to Collingwood, but has found himself without a home at the completion of the rookie draft. Is he a player we should sign?

I suppose the VFL is more for developing the younger players, with the majority of the focus on managing their game time, etc. So it's possible these players will look elsewhere.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

What about Dib?
I am Da Man
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Be interesting to see where he plays DTM. Not sure it's best for his career or future chances to play in our VFL squad.

Does David Zaharakis offer any on field leadership? I guess we'll see Jetta out there, not sure if Selwood will play?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Not sure of Scott Sellwood was pencilled in to play for the Pies VFL but he has signed on to play with Ivanhoe in the VAFA. Ash Close is the Ivanhoe coach.

https://www.vafa.com.au/selwood-joins-h ... 22-season/
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Dark Beanie wrote:Not sure of Scott Sellwood was pencilled in to play for the Pies VFL but he has signed on to play with Ivanhoe in the VAFA. Ash Close is the Ivanhoe coach.

https://www.vafa.com.au/selwood-joins-h ... 22-season/
Nothing been Confirmed
I am Da Man