#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

E wrote:The difference in the reporting in the above 2 articles is staggering but they essentially say the same thing.

However, one is a sensationalized piece of bullshit and the other is factual, sensible reporting that actually quotes what the coach say (and lets the words tell you how the coach is feeling rather than sensationalized bullshit like "coy") and updates the facts about the case to include all of the facts now known (instead of still reporting that erroneous sex charges were immediately dropped).

I hate the fact that people form views based on the irresponsible biased brand of the reporting from ABC. You cant argue that any of the statements are untrue per se, but they really do try very hard to lead you to the wrong conclusion. No wonder some of you over-reacted to this story. i blame the press. assholes!

There is not a lot of love for our club by the ABC. Virginia Triolo's interview with Taylor Adams was a blatant example before round 2 she was really rude to him and he was a complete gent. She liked to dig in she barracked for carlton.
Taylor took it in his stride and buried the blues that week, up yours Trioli.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

And on the ABC Breakfast they had a very good sport presenter Paul Kennedy
only to be replaced by Tony Armstrong (ex Pie)

Think it’s the equal opportunity for First Nation people
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Reading between the lines of what Wrighty and the club said today, I’m guessing Jordy hasn’t been very communicative with them whilst over in the US and won’t be until he’s back at the club next month. Which is when they’ll sit him down, or rather, bend him over and stick a rocket where the sun don’t shine.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Presti35 »

stui magpie wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY
I witnessed him own the MCG
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pretty sure I saw him last night in St Kilda. He was a good boy, ignored the hundred motorbikes doing dumb shit outside the Palais and as heading to the beach.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Had he fronted “The Club “ yet
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Hes back, and keeping a low profile, i hope this can work out for him now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Presti35 wrote:
De Goey? :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Presti35 wrote:
Was he displaying dance moves or was he practising his self defence moves?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I just wanna know if he has been in the kitchen to feel the heat (or not) from
Graham Wright
RudeBoy
Been liked: 81 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Obviously none of us know what went down at 2.30 am in that NY nightclub, but someone I know who is close to the club reckons that the other couple involved in the 'melee' were ejected from the club as a result of the incident. Also, the guy was hit on the lip with a plastic cup, which is why there were no injuries. Once ejected from the club they rang the cops and claimed they'd been assaulted, whereupon JDG and his off-sider were arrested and charged.
This all may or may not be true, but if close to the truth, then our boy may well have been badly treated by the media. None of this excuses being clearly off his face at 2.30 am and putting himself in a situation where trouble is on the cards.

If it is close to the truth, then he may well feel aggrieved at being stood down from the club. I just hope that when the dust settles on all of this that McRae can develop a good relationship with Jordy and bring him back into the fold. I'll be spewing if Jordy ends up playing elsewhere in 2023.

As I've said previously, he is a dickhead, but he's our dickhead.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Well put RB. Look after our own and hopefully JDG knows where he stands and doesnt go demanding a huge contract just bc he gets let off by the law.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I was never in the “hang em high” club but more in the “not again “ group

OK we as a whole club are starting a brand new era so let’s all work as one
and that’s Everyone

I feel that well with new team of coach’s let’s see if Jordan can find his level