#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

dalyc wrote:
Big T wrote:Honestly I wouldn't care if Hitler was our full forward if he kicked 8 and won us a flag.
Ugly
way past ugly, bloody disgusting
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by eddiesmith »

think positive wrote:so cold hard fact is women and innocent guys in pubs can get assaulted, king hit, sexually abused by players as long as the players win premierships! ok then! reformed or just got a better PR service?
What does any of that have to do with JDG? Or are you still trying to think all the charges that were dropped were actually true? I thought you supported the law, yet now you think they're dropping charges for money?
think positive

Post by think positive »

eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:so cold hard fact is women and innocent guys in pubs can get assaulted, king hit, sexually abused by players as long as the players win premierships! ok then! reformed or just got a better PR service?
What does any of that have to do with JDG? Or are you still trying to think all the charges that were dropped were actually true? I thought you supported the law, yet now you think they're dropping charges for money?
well first question youd have to ask the chess man, because he brought it up

as for trying to think! do you not watch any cop shows? real life or fiction? do you really think all defence lawyers are truthful? "A celebrity law firm whose founder has defended Harvey Weinstein and was name-checked in a Jay-Z verse has been hired by the Aussie footy star in his NYC assault case." hehehehehe! puLease, with that resume you think the truth will be what comes out? if so would you like to buy a bridge?

i have no idea if he is or isnt, same as you and everyone else here, all i know is he put himself in the position yet again!! very similar in a place where his name means squat!

and i absolutely do support the law, what i dont support is shonky lawyers, bullshit tactics, and judges who give shitty sentences!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Big T »

think positive wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Big T wrote:Honestly I wouldn't care if Hitler was our full forward if he kicked 8 and won us a flag.
Ugly
Almost as bad as people with no sense of humor who take offense to everything these days
Buon Giorno
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Piesnchess wrote:The cold hard fact is , that dickheads win u Flags, if they are brilliant dickheads on the field
I'm sure we all fondly remember the flags that Capper, Jacko and Ablett Sr. won, just to name a few brilliant dickheads

To be fair, the Wiz was pretty harmless and all three of them managed to put in consistent seasons, unlike JDG to date
think positive

Post by think positive »

Big T wrote:
think positive wrote:
dalyc wrote: Ugly
Almost as bad as people with no sense of humor who take offense to everything these days
somethings should not be joked about, Hitleris one of them.

Ihave a very broad sense of humour, that ain’t funny in the slightest. I’m not offended, just disgusted, there is a difference,it’s called empathy.
Last edited by think positive on Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:The cold hard fact is , that dickheads win u Flags, if they are brilliant dickheads on the field
I'm sure we all fondly remember the flags that Capper, Jacko and Ablett Sr. won, just to name a few brilliant dickheads

To be fair, the Wiz was pretty harmless and all three of them managed to put in consistent seasons, unlike JDG to date
Ablett senior kicked 10 in a losing grand final, and harmless? He was a brilliant player, but I doubt Alishas parents would agree with you. and no I won’t fondly remember either of the others, although I don’t know much about the criminal past of either! They ain’t Collingwood grand final wins, so no not fondly!

As for JDG, I reckon he will get another chance, but I don’t want that chance to come easy. I’d be happy for the club to tell him to get a proper manager, not a yes man relative. Just because he can kick a ball doesn’t mean he is exempt from a normal persons standard of decency. As others have said he is yet to put in a full season of effort. If he wants respect he’s going to have to work bloody hard to earn it. No different from any other person should have to. It’s pretty obvious that in the US justice system, actual honest justice is not always the winner, not with the high priced defence lawyers, look at OJ, or the opposite watch making a murderer. For me it’s his continually putting himself in these situations. Time to wise up.

An AFL. Career is something not to be taken for granted, he’s so lucky to have such natural ability, imagine how good he could be if he actually tried! More than occasionally. He can set himself up for life. So many others would do anything for his opportunity, and he’s pissing it away.

And yes I know how rich Shane Warne is, just imagine if he actually got fit, he could have been the GOAT!
Last edited by think positive on Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Well Positive - well put.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Someone hasn’t had their morning coffee…

I said the Wiz (Capper) was harmless, not Ablett Sr.

Clearly “fondly remember the flags they won” was sarcasm since they won 0 flags between them
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 44 times

Post by David »

think positive wrote:somethings should not be joked about, Hitleris one of them.

Ihave a very broad sense of humour, that ain’t funny in the slightest. I’m not offended, just disgusted, there is a difference,it’s called empathy.
You know who else didn't like jokes about Hitler… ? ;)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:Someone hasn’t had their morning coffee…

I said the Wiz (Capper) was harmless, not Ablett Sr.

Clearly “fondly remember the flags they won” was sarcasm since they won 0 flags between them
Totally over my head! Cheers!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

Ablett booted nine goals in a GF, and the Cats only just lost, he was a dickhead at times, but a brilliant one nonetheless. 8)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:You specifically said "dickheads win you flags." In what way have you been misunderstood?
Well i guess if u ram chopsticks into a wall, next to a womans head, that may qualify one as a dickhead, then to play an incredible second half of footy that won the Tigers the flag, of his own boot, an amazing performance, means hes a dickhead who can play brilliant football. Granted, he changed his ways, just as De Goey must, the ball is truly in Jordans court now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 81 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Let's ignore the reference to dickheads winning you flags.

I think it's more accurate to say that in a game as physical as footy, you need a few alpha males, with a touch of arrogance to take the game on and "stick it up 'em". They may or may not be dickheads.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Dickheads aren’t the problem. Players who continually break the rules and don’t learn from them, particularly players who don’t meet community standards and jeopardize club sponsorships. They are the problems.