#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:Let's ignore the reference to dickheads winning you flags.

I think it's more accurate to say that in a game as physical as footy, you need a few alpha males, with a touch of arrogance to take the game on and "stick it up 'em". They may or may not be dickheads.
Someone like Wayne Carey would qualify on all counts.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Let's ignore the reference to dickheads winning you flags.

I think it's more accurate to say that in a game as physical as footy, you need a few alpha males, with a touch of arrogance to take the game on and "stick it up 'em". They may or may not be dickheads.
Someone like Wayne Carey would qualify on all counts.
can’t believe he still has a media job, he’s a disgrace
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Piesnchess wrote:The cold hard fact is , that dickheads win u Flags, if they are brilliant dickheads on the field
Piesnchess wrote: Ablett booted nine goals in a GF, and the Cats only just lost, he was a dickhead at times, but a brilliant one nonetheless. 8)
So now it’s dickheads almost win you flags? :)
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

David wrote: You know who else didn't like jokes about Hitler… ? ;)
Hitler?
E

Post by E »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:The cold hard fact is , that dickheads win u Flags, if they are brilliant dickheads on the field
Piesnchess wrote: Ablett booted nine goals in a GF, and the Cats only just lost, he was a dickhead at times, but a brilliant one nonetheless. 8)
Hasn't DeGoey already done this (in 2018)? In fact, if Treloar could kick even remotely well (even just as well as Taylor Adams), DeGoey would have been wasting the last minute of the 2018 Grand Final milking the clock before casually slotting the winning goal!!! Then we wouldnt have cared what he did as he would have been a premiership player.

By the way, how would Darren Millan have been perceived these days? i know he is a hero to many of the older fans......
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Well JDG is still with us (for the time being at least) and we got rid of Treloar so…
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

E wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Hasn't DeGoey already done this (in 2018)? In fact, if Treloar could kick even remotely well (even just as well as Taylor Adams), DeGoey would have been wasting the last minute of the 2018 Grand Final milking the clock before casually slotting the winning goal!!! Then we wouldnt have cared what he did as he would have been a premiership player.

By the way, how would Darren Millan have been perceived these days? i know he is a hero to many of the older fans......
Spot on E. The double standards on this site are endless
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Back bucks

Post by Back bucks »

E wrote:
Unless you were there in the Millane era, it is hard to understand how much he meant to the club . He was the heart and soul of it and the antics he and Banksy got up to might be dealt with in a different way today . I think they would be lenient towards the pair of them based on their work rate ,the effort they put in and their value to the club. Darren Millane in particular was a driving force on the field and if he was in the same boat as Jordan and had something to answer for ( assuming Jordan has something to answer for ) , he would have pulled his head in really quick. He had the right attitude and commitment . Having said that , we still don`t know the facts of Jordan`s case and how it will play out or what the club or AFL will do after the court case and how Jordan will respond to whatever happens.
I blame my hair loss on supporting Collingwood for 50 years
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

wasn’t the hearing meant Dec 6th, or did the date change?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 44 times

Post by David »

It's December 8th (i.e. tomorrow, presuming that's Australian as opposed to US time):

theage.com.au/sport/afl/jordan-de-goey-hopes-to-meet-with-new-coach-craig-mcrae-as-court-hearing-looms-20211203-p59elw.html
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
E

Post by E »

David wrote:It's December 8th (i.e. tomorrow, presuming that's Australian as opposed to US time):

theage.com.au/sport/afl/jordan-de-goey-hopes-to-meet-with-new-coach-craig-mcrae-as-court-hearing-looms-20211203-p59elw.html
its still December 6th here in new york so hold your horses folks.

Of course, its going to be a complete non event for reasons i have previously stated.
E

Post by E »

Back bucks wrote:
E wrote:
Unless you were there in the Millane era, it is hard to understand how much he meant to the club . He was the heart and soul of it and the antics he and Banksy got up to might be dealt with in a different way today . I think they would be lenient towards the pair of them based on their work rate ,the effort they put in and their value to the club. Darren Millane in particular was a driving force on the field and if he was in the same boat as Jordan and had something to answer for ( assuming Jordan has something to answer for ) , he would have pulled his head in really quick. He had the right attitude and commitment . Having said that , we still don`t know the facts of Jordan`s case and how it will play out or what the club or AFL will do after the court case and how Jordan will respond to whatever happens.
i was there. Being heart and soul of the club doesnt mean you didnt drive with a blood alcohol level of .399. its staggering to me how you can forgive that based on the good bloke defence. its lucky in a way he only killed himself. That was just luck!!

Let's not worry that they also stole a bus!!! Grand theft auto!! They were just lucky that eddie was with them at the time.

all de goey did was be in the wrong place at the wrong time as some dope had a jealousy attack after his skanky girlfriend tried her luck at getting free drinks and playing up a weight class......

also, de goey is in a kind of fitness right now that is going to shock the world. He is completely dedicated to being a midfielder this year and to dominate. the lack of commitment issues people point to are nothing compared to the shit that millane did. the disrespect of women in the clubs for example. Holy shit!!!
Last edited by E on Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It's December 8th, New York time. It's listed for 9.00 am. The information is publicly available, via here: https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/ecourtsMain

The detail is readily found by clicking the "WebCriminal" link.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Blah Blah Blah.

Play DeGoey in 2022, fatten up the chook and hope there is a dumb Football Club out there stupid enough to option him on a decent 4 year deal that elicits a band 1 compo pick.

(Even if he wins the Brownlow by 10 votes)
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »