#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

add the young guy who snuck his girlfriened into quarantine and later bashed her
E

Post by E »

Geek wrote:
E wrote: Grand theft auto ...
Firstly, they were not in a US jurisdiction. Grand Theft Auto doesn't exist here. Sounds sweet and adds a bit of Law and Order punch to the argument, but nup.

Even assuming if it was an offence, they didn't intend to permanently take the vehicle or to significantly deprive the owner of the vehicle for long enough for them to lose enjoyment of or value in the vehicle. Therefore, even under American law, they wouldn't be charged with grand theft auto for taking the bus and rolling it forward a few metres.

I think there were members of the public on the bus though, yeah? Nowadays they might sue for the PTSD they no doubt would have suffered. There might be a kidnap charge if you really wanted to go down that road.

Anyway, the GTA thing is a bit OTT and as such, hurts your argument. It mightn't sound as pretty but joyriding would be the actual offence they were guilty of. Still kinda stupid behaviour for grown men, don't get me wrong.
i don't know about any of that mate (you sound really smart with all of these distinctions though). All i know is that if Jordan DeGoey, his tattoo artist and Nathan Buckley did what Millane, Banks and a young Eddie McGuire did all those years ago, there is no way that this forum would be saying what a bunch of lovable larikans they were......
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Times change

Apparently beating your wife and owning slaves were once considered acceptable in certain parts of the world
Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

https://globalnews24.eu/jordan-de-goey- ... nal-court/

Adjourned

Although the article is very poorly written, but assume the crux is correct.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Jordan De Goey's case has been adjourned for response and decision to January 18, 2022.
E

Post by E »

E

Post by E »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:Times change

Apparently beating your wife and owning slaves were once considered side red acceptable in certain parts of the world
oh boy, now you are comparing Jordan to a slave owner! Nice one.

Dude, while some things may have changed, one thing hasn't. Never, EVER, mess with a man's $500 bottle of Grey Goose in the VIP area! and watch your woman around alpha males (as they generally cant help themselves).
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

robevpau1 wrote:Jordan De Goey's case has been adjourned for response and decision to January 18, 2022.
He is screwed for the 2022 season either way.

I assume he wont be able to train with the club still until this case is sorted.

His pre-season has been buggered, stupid idiot.

He wont be a career Collingwood player now either way.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

SteveH67 wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:Jordan De Goey's case has been adjourned for response and decision to January 18, 2022.

I assume he wont be able to train with the club still until this case is sorted.

I don't think so. Not even Collingwood are that stupid. I'll go with the Skippers advice and then followed up by what the new President has just said about "All the information". We obviously follow different accounts of his fitness regime and what actually happened over there.
E

Post by E »

mudlark wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

I don't think so. Not even Collingwood are that stupid. I'll go with the Skippers advice and then followed up by what the new President has just said about "All the information". We obviously follow different accounts of his fitness regime and what actually happened over there.
he is such good shape its scary. You guys are going to be so impressed with Jordan this season! Think end of 2021 but for 4 quarters instead of 2! he will be one of the best players in the league next year and beyond. hopefully its with us.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 44 times

Post by David »

Given it now seems extremely unlikely that he'll see any jail time over this (having been permitted to leave the US), it seems pig-headed for the club to continue to maintain the stand-down and keep him from training. Levy an internal suspension if need be once the verdict is handed down, but otherwise I don't see any justification for barring him from the club.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Would you be surprised if he was accepted back (if not welcomed) once training resumes after the Xmas break?
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

he training with hocking, i reckon leave it at that for now, we do not need a circus at training.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
AJ

Post by AJ »

So how do they expect he will be match fit? Not a peep
From
The AFLPA. Shame on the club.