#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

themonk wrote:
AJ wrote:Giants have wrapped their arms around Greene and made him captain.

Pies have punished Jordan and won’t let him train for the entire pre season.

If I get as Jordan, I’d sit the year out anyway after the disgusting disloyalty displayed by the club.
On field vs off field, chaulk and cheese
exactly right!

As for loyalty, that’s a two way street. About time he put some effort in to earning said loyalty! But as usual I’m sure AJ is trolling!

I personally love the way the club has handled it, funny all the people saying we will finish out of the eight, and yet the club distancing themselves from yet another DeGoey caused saga means we are screwing the year before it starts! Make you mind up! Probably the same dudes who wanted Eddie gone, but now want the club to do a big all is forgiven!

Kicking and punching someone on the ground ...think about that for a minute, that’s not just a silly kid playing up, that’s a solid built professional athlete , but hey he can kick a footy alright, at least when he can be bothered!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
E

Post by E »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
E wrote:oh boy, now you are comparing Jordan to a slave owner! Nice one.
No, I am not. Neither am I comparing him to Hitler, or saying he should be hanged or asking if you’ve stopped beating your wife. These are all just convenient straw men that you like to bring up, like former players, to distract from the real issue, which is;

Jordan is a dickhead. He has proven that over and over again. Likely he will continue to be a dickhead, because that’s what dickheads do. Hopefully he can tone it down to a level where he doesn’t put his career at risk and embarrass the club and its supporters further, not to mention its new coach and recruits (and president) who are trying to put the recent failures behind us and start a new era without having yet another off-season destroyed before it even starts.

Or is that too much to ask from our “best player”?

As for your sage advice, anyone who can afford (is stupid enough) to pay $500 for a $50 bottle of French vodka (yuck) can also afford to pay someone else to protect it; especially when. It doing so might cost them a $750,000 contract. It’s not rocket science
oh boy. i dont even know what to say here. The entitlement to judgment by a mere fan is incredible (laughable?). to answer your main question, as a mere fan, i dont really think you are entitled to ask for anything from Jordan, who is our best player by a long way! Buy your ticket, order your cable and watch. Or don't. They are the entirety of your rights.

As for paying 10 times the price of something (i hope you understood my sarcasm on this by the way), how do you go drinking beer and meat pies at the footy? what do you pay for that right?

And if you turn up out of the blue and want to get into an exclusive event like the PHD Halloween party, i'll bet that not only was it a $500 bottle of vodka, but he probably agreed to a $2k to $3k minimum spend as a condition of getting the table (so there was probably a bottle of tequila and Dom as well). You've never paid a lot of money to have fun? you get more than the vodka by the way. The clubs generally have very pretty russian girls (cue the disgusted reaction from think Positive) that act as fluffers and bring you the drinks with a sparkler on top (and they are usually very willing to do whatever might take your fancy). Its ridiculous, but actually its a lot of fun if you don't take yourself too seriously. you probably would hate it!

As for bringing body guards to a night club, are you actually serious???

I love you passion dude, but you are clutching right now (and to use your words, playing the violin). Its a little lame.
E

Post by E »

David wrote:Given it now seems extremely unlikely that he'll see any jail time over this (having been permitted to leave the US), it seems pig-headed for the club to continue to maintain the stand-down and keep him from training. Levy an internal suspension if need be once the verdict is handed down, but otherwise I don't see any justification for barring him from the club.
I think the club have handled this really well to this point, but i think they are going to face a timing issue and their mettle will be tested in early January.

Jordan can absolutely spend december working separate from the group with minimal downside (no different than if he was recovering from off season surgery). i think it sends a good message to Jordan and the playing group that the club has standards and its not ok to breach them. Jordan should be punished appropriately for constant errors of judgment. its not a sackable offense in my opinion since it was just a regular stupid dickhead moment and nothing too serious.

However, January starts to risk impacting the season proper. i would bring him back (assuming they have now researched properly what actually happened), show their support for the player and tell the world they they believe they have handled this appropriately in-house. as David says, any legal sanction he gets is going to be bullshit and token and manageable (Jordan, you have been a very naughty boy is likely the outcome or at worst, suspended sentence which is handed out on a whim over here even for minor offenses).

thats my 2 cents.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

E wrote:oh boy. i dont even know what to say here
Then you shouldn't have replied. Instead, you treated us to another farrago (look it up) which had exactly zero to do with the issue at hand - which, in case you forgot is the fact that our "best player" remains under suspension as a result of his own actions and (poor) decisions

As a supporter and member I am totally entitled to express an opinion on anything to do with the Collingwood football, especially on Nick's of all places. You don't have to agree with what I say. You don't have to read it if you don't want to. You can even object and make a counterpoint, but don't tell me I don't have any right to comment because I'm a "mere fan"

You do realise if there was no assault charge, this would have been over a month ago and he would be where he should be now i.e. back at training? Instead it's going to drag on for at least another 6 weeks, if not longer

How do you reckon McRae feels about this little Welcome to Collingwood circus? Gig wasn't tough enough already. Why don't you pen him an e-mail and tell him boys will be boys and to stop victimising poor Jordy

And yes, people that go to $3k nightclubs in NYC do sometimes take security. Costs less than a bottle of vodka and may well have prevented this entiure fiasco
think positive

Post by think positive »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
E wrote:oh boy. i dont even know what to say here
Then you shouldn't have replied. Instead, you treated us to another farrago (look it up) which had exactly zero to do with the issue at hand - which, in case you forgot is the fact that our "best player" remains under suspension as a result of his own actions and (poor) decisions

As a supporter and member I am totally entitled to express an opinion on anything to do with the Collingwood football, especially on Nick's of all places. You don't have to agree with what I say. You don't have to read it if you don't want to. You can even object and make a counterpoint, but don't tell me I don't have any right to comment because I'm a "mere fan"

You do realise if there was no assault charge, this would have been over a month ago and he would be where he should be now i.e. back at training? Instead it's going to drag on for at least another 6 weeks, if not longer

How do you reckon McRae feels about this little Welcome to Collingwood circus? Gig wasn't tough enough already. Why don't you pen him an e-mail and tell him boys will be boys and to stop victimising poor Jordy

And yes, people that go to $3k nightclubs in NYC do sometimes take security. Costs less than a bottle of vodka and may well have prevented this entiure fiasco
I can’t love this enough, so well said!

It’s not like it was his first whoopsie, it’s way past time he grew up, grew some brains and learned to walk away from trouble.

This is all on Jordy, naught boy or not, the responsibility is all his.

Pendles won’t be training with the group til then either, and I’d wager right now that that interruption won’t screw his year. He can’t run but I bet his guns and abs will be in A1 condition. C’mon Jordy prove us wrong, get your act together, train the house down with a Hocking, and earn your money and get some respect back.

And no I don’t care how well he can kick a ball, and as for Russian hookers, I think he can aim a little higher, but if that his choice I hope he pays em well and doesn’t mistreat them!
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

3rd degree wrote:On the plus side he will have figured out Leopold's game plan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Chuckle-worthy posting as always 3rd. Two thumbs up :wink:
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

I thought the club handled this well - up to this point.

The uncertainty right now is more damaging than anything else and keeps the issue in the media indefinably.
And that's not commenting on what the decision should be - its about the lack there of.

Even now, those that have been quick to crucify him from the start are talking about the incident as if they were there and witnessed it. Stuff being said that is not in the charge, report or was even suggested when it happened.

And to If McRae isn't able to deal with this or any other sort of incident, at the start of his tenure or at the end, then maybe he wasn't the right person for the job
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I wouldn’t think the clubs actions are a consequence of this single event.
DeGoeys indiscretions continue to be a work in progress. At some point, when you have a repeat offender, you have to take an action that is different to previous actions because they simply haven’t worked.
The best thing DeGoey can do is to come back to the club ( whenever that is ) in career best peak fitness. Words mean nothing, it’s personal bests on the track that need to do his talking. At some point, he will be playing footy for Collingwood in 2022 and those games will have a huge bearing as to how the remainder of his career unfolds as an AFL footballer. In a way, the ball is still DeGoeys court ( excuse pun ) and we and other clubs are going to learn a lot about just how much footy really means to him over the next 12 months
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

MJ23 wrote:
And to If McRae isn't able to deal with this or any other sort of incident, at the start of his tenure or at the end, then maybe he wasn't the right person for the job
Seriously, WTF
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

MJ23 wrote:Even now, those that have been quick to crucify him from the start are talking about the incident as if they were there and witnessed
I see some apologists doing exactly that
MJ23 wrote:If McRae isn't able to deal with this or any other sort of incident, at the start of his tenure or at the end, then maybe he wasn't the right person for the job
Change McRae to DeGoey and see where that leads you
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Regardless of the situation he should be training with the team.

Pretty poor from the club to discard him to the too hard pile when he has not yet been proven guilty of anything. The kid went overseas and is in the best shape of his life.

The leadership group, board and coaches can say all they like with regards to supporting Jordan, etc. but at the end of the day, it's just more of the same garbage from the club who will continue to sit on the fence.

Sick of it.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

mattdally wrote:Regardless of the situation he should be training with the team.

Pretty poor from the club to discard him to the too hard pile when he has not yet been proven guilty of anything. The kid went overseas and is in the best shape of his life.

The leadership group, board and coaches can say all they like with regards to supporting Jordan, etc. but at the end of the day, it's just more of the same garbage from the club who will continue to sit on the fence.

Sick of it.
Cmon. It is hardly his first indiscretion. He is a serial offender off the field. He would have known he was on thin ice and would understand the position the club is in.
Also, he has clearly been in regular contact with Pendles and McCrae so lets drop the whole "he's been hung out to dry" BS
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
Also, he has clearly been in regular contact with Pendles and McCrae so lets drop the whole "he's been hung out to dry" BS
Oh, so the "tough guy/had enough" club stance is simply for PR purposes then? The footy department really hasn't banished him in disgust? It's all just for appearance sake then? That's good to know.

Who's McCrae????
think positive

Post by think positive »

mattdally wrote:Regardless of the situation he should be training with the team.

Pretty poor from the club to discard him to the too hard pile when he has not yet been proven guilty of anything. The MAN went overseas and is in the best shape of his life.

Sick of it.
hes not a kid, its not his first, second or even third chance! yes im sick of the bloody bad headlines too!
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:
Oh, so the "tough guy/had enough" club stance is simply for PR purposes then? The footy department really hasn't banished him in disgust? It's all just for appearance sake then? That's good to know.

Who's McCrae????
If that is a serious take on my post then god help those who share your DNA
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire