#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

E wrote:i used quotes becasue you like to use them for no particular reason so i thought i would too
E wrote:oh boy. i dont even know what to say here. The entitlement to judgment by a mere fan is incredible
I quoted you, fool

"righteous indignation" decribes your attitiude perfectly
E

Post by E »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
E wrote:And TP, make your own damn argument. Dont hide behind a man!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You assume I’m a man? :D :D :D

This quote says it all
No woman would like Sav Rocca over Ant Rocca.
E

Post by E »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
E wrote:i used quotes becasue you like to use them for no particular reason so i thought i would too
E wrote:oh boy. i dont even know what to say here. The entitlement to judgment by a mere fan is incredible
I quoted you, fool

"righteous indignation" decribes your attitiude perfectly
so now you're Mr. T?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Get some nuts
LOL
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

E wrote: And TP, make your own damn argument. Dont hide behind a man!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ive never hidden behind anyone, when someone makes such a precise arguement and i know i cant put it any better, i simply agree with it and applaud it, I can appreciate such good writing, unlike a certain sexist chauvinistic pig who for some strange reason thinks living in the vicinty of the incident gives him an insight to what happened! how many miiion in NYC again, i foget!

none of us know, not me, not you, only those who were there, and even then there is probably 5 sides to the story. ive just heard another version, which im guessing is very close to his own, but i really dont care, he just should not have been headline news for the wrong reasons yet again!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Yowser, this got out of hand quickly!

Guy's a dick, blind Freddie can see it, same old apologists apologizing for shit behavior and poor results, change the name from Jordan to Eddie to Bucks and the story remains the same. Sad really
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

He'll win the Copeland this year.
Get back on top.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Being a dick certainly does not preclude that outcome
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
E

Post by E »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Being a dick certainly does not preclude that outcome
...and i think this is exactly the point!!!
E

Post by E »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:Get some nuts
LOL
fun argument. You obviously made great points, but i think you'll feel better if you stop caring whether your football star is the kind of guy you hope your daughter (or son) brings home. Mostly they aren't. some are. some get public speaking coaching so they appear to be. Most are smart enough to fly below the radar. a lot arent. I just care what they do between the lines as long as they aren't immoral (there is a difference between stupid and immoral)!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

I care when what they do outside the lines affects their ability to perform between the lines and disrupts the rest of team… off-field issues were, IMO, a big part of why we finished 17th. Just because I ping off on Nick’s about something doesn’t mean it’s keeping me awake at night. Arguing with a worthy opponent is half the fun. Let’s hope it’s onwards and upwards from here for JDG and the club
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

At GWS you can cut your opponent's face with your studs, spend half of your career being suspended for a myriad of offences, and still be Captain.

At Collingwood, early in the off season, you throw a punch at someone trying to punch you, and you can't get a game.
Back bucks

Post by Back bucks »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:At GWS you can cut your opponent's face with your studs, spend half of your career being suspended for a myriad of offences, and still be Captain.

At Collingwood, early in the off season, you throw a punch at someone trying to punch you, and you can't get a game.

Allegedly.

Toby is a freak show and deserves the captaincy IMHO . He is a consistent performer. Love him or hate ,him , he has talent.
I blame my hair loss on supporting Collingwood for 50 years
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Allegedly.

Toby is a freak show and deserves the captaincy IMHO . He is a consistent performer. Love him or hate ,him , he has talent.[/quote]

JDG has talent too.

Before skimming on, Toby missed last year's Semi because of Suspension.

If he was a Collingwood player, we would be calling for an AGM because of having to put up with him !

Toby is consistent :

In trouble 8 years of his playing career.. many years multiple times.
In 2017 5 TIMES..
In 2021 3 TIMES

2012: Made ineligible for the NAB AFL Rising Star after he was suspended for one match for an ugly bump on Brisbane veteran Jed Adcock.

2012: Fined $1200 for his role in a melee during Greater Western Sydney's clash with Melbourne.

2013: Cops a $1950 fine for making reckless contact with an umpire in a game against Gold Coast.

2014: Walked away with a one-match suspension for striking Adelaide midfielder Richard Douglas, with the offence classified as a level-three sanction.

2014: Fined another $1200 for engaging in a melee, this time against the Western Bulldogs.

2015: Hit with a $1500 fine for spitting in the direction of Richmond midfielder Anthony Miles.

2015: Another $1500 fine for engaging in a melee, this time against Fremantle.

2016: Fined $1000 for misconduct, having pushed Port Adelaide youngster Brendon Ah Chee into a fence.

2017: Hit with a $1000 misconduct fine in pre-season, having given Sam Wright a slap to the face late in the game.

2017: Fined $1000 for striking Port Adelaide midfielder Dan Houston, with the charge graded as low impact to the head.

2017: Hit with a two-match striking suspension after clipping Western Bulldogs midfielder Caleb Daniel with an extremely late spoil attempt.

2017: Forced to serve another two-match suspension after striking Richmond defender Alex Rance to the jaw with a jumper-punch.

2017: Controversially offered a $1500 misconduct fine for his flying kick to the face of Western Bulldogs forward Luke Dahlhaus in a marking contest.

2018: Fined $2500 for misconduct, having appeared to drop his knee into Sydney midfielder Isaac Heeney during an elimination final.

2018: Fined another $2500 for misconduct the very next week during a semi-final against Collingwood, where he was involved in a back-and-forth with midfielder Taylor Adams.

2019: Slapped with a $2000 fine for striking, having handed Melbourne midfielder Clayton Oliver a 'tummy tap' in an off-the-ball incident.

2019: Handed a $7500 fine for serious misconduct, having appeared to make contact with the face and hair of Western Bulldogs star Marcus Bontempelli during a lengthy scuffle.

2019: Suspended for one match after making unnecessary or unreasonable contact to the eye region of Brisbane gun Lachie Neale, forcing him to miss a preliminary final.

2020: Fined $1000 for elbowing Fremantle's Reece Conca to the midriff in an incident that took place some way off the ball.

2021: Handed a $2000 fine for a 'tummy tap' to the midriff of Carlton defender Nic Newman, after striking him in an off-the-ball incident.

2021: Suspended for one game, halved from two, after elbowing Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield to the throat while attempting a fend-off to escape a tackle.

2021: Referred directly to the Tribunal for making intentional contact with umpire Matt Stevic during an elimination final win over the Swans. The penalty is unknown.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ That's all a bit irrelevant, isn't it? Personally, I can't stand him as a player and would be very disappointed if he were recruited to Collingwood - but that which you have listed is all "on field" stuff. It's a matter for GWS whether they are willing to tolerate those "on field" indiscretions.

The difference between the two, of course, is that Greene is actually a genuine star player - and has been for years - whereas De Goey is just a guy who plays the odd good game here and there but plainly has the talent to do it much more consistently, if he could only be bothered to make the effort. The two players are not comparable. Comparison of Greene and De Goey reminds me of the cringeable comparisons that were made earlier in this thread Between De Goey and Dustin Martin.