The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Last nail in the coffin for Ed.
You cant run a club as your personal fiefdom.
It is also the members fault for not challenging at each election.
Better late than never.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Jezza wrote:This article says about 5,000 out of 11,500 members voted in the election.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jef ... 59i23.html
So after all that, people still can't see the fact that our most hardened fans are best equipped to protect our future.

Australian Citizens vote in national elections, not permanent residents.

Personally, I’m happy to review the voting system, but I wish our future isn't compromised by bending to some woke group and include a wide range of people who get tickets as XMAS presents.

BTW

I can't believe some 34yr old kid thinks he is a better option that these incumbents. Really, do we evolve into political parties next ?
( EM was in his 30's, but as a Journo he lived and breathed footy at the sharp end for years. He was literally Plug and Play.)

etc

Welcome, Brown and Co. And put the Woke back to sleep.
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

^^^^
The voting system is like what the republicans are trying to do in the USA.
Stop minorities from voting.
I am really anti woke full stop ...they sh..t me.
But i believe in a decent democracy and the current voting system is rigged.
As for EM in his 30's being president.
No one cares about your age.
The 2 chief problems with EM was
His corporate culture
His use of the collingwood presidency to further his own interest ( probably not intentional )even though he was collingwood thru and thru... just like most on this board.
makri

Post by makri »

pietillidie wrote:Let's just say I'm very pleased to see Christine Holgate there. Now, to get the broader organisational context right by rebuilding the club's communication and reputation, and ultimately its desirability as a destination for the best footballers in the country.

KFC was a bad fail to that end, but Craig McCrae is a very promising choice as coach, so I'm willing to grimace quietly at the KFC logo (expecting it to cause reputational problems, nonetheless), and to see how they grasp the challenge from hereon in.

Best of luck to all.
Agree, very happy that Holgate got back in.

Never understood how something like KFC could be involved in sport but then again cricket and F1 wouldn’t be where they are today without tobacco money.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

I’m glad that this has ended.

Time for everyone to unite and move forward.
- Side By Side -
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hiss »

We can now all come together and be ‘Side by Side’ once again. A great result for Collingwood. I would have liked to have seen more indigenous, LGBTIQ + , and female Board members. We still lack enough diversity and inclusion on our Board and with our playing list. Time for the new Board to get to work on these issues .
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

masoncox wrote:^^^^
The voting system is like what the republicans are trying to do in the USA.
Stop minorities from voting.
I am really anti woke full stop ...they sh..t me.
But i believe in a decent democracy and the current voting system is rigged.
As for EM in his 30's being president.
No one cares about your age.
The 2 chief problems with EM was
His corporate culture
His use of the collingwood presidency to further his own interest ( probably not intentional )even though he was collingwood thru and thru... just like most on this board.
I don’t often agree with you but on this I agree with you 100%. Anyone who thinks democracy operates at the Collingwood Football Club and one here even thinks it reflects the Australian electorate system, is delusional.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:So after all that, people still can't see the fact that our most hardened fans are best equipped to protect our future.
This doesn’t really make sense

How does less than half the eligible voters voting prove they’re all hardened? How is someone who has been a member continuously for 10,20,30,40,50 years not more of a hardened fan than someone who bought a voting membership last year?

Either way, as I mentioned before, Hawthorn let all members vote and have been much more successful than Collingwood in the last 50 years

Whether electing Browne has protected our future or not remains to be seen
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

swoop42 wrote:
It's increasingly annoying to me also that Murphy had to sacrifice himself when Korda had already signaled his intention to resign from the board at the end of 2022.

This. Victory lap for Korda at the expense of one of our most passionate board members and fans. Disgraceful
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

masoncox wrote:Last nail in the coffin for Ed.
How is Ed’s mate getting his ticket up the last nail?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:Probably going to be a few new members in the board and a new president, so… yes there’s still plenty of work to be done but can hardly blame those people for what they inherited
A team which made the 2018 GF etc. "Can hardly blame those people for what they inherited" Fkn I will !!! .
Well it’s not the same team but anyway… I’m talking about the board. The team is the responsibility of the football department and coach

I was responding to someone who said “give the board hell” at the AGM ie take them to task (for various recent issues)
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Renee better be with the $15 million diversity bonus. I swear to the black & white god, if there’s more elitism and board members not putting footy first, there’ll be hell to pay at the next AGM. If they even sneeze at the same direction the club has been going the past few years, they’re finished.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:So after all that, people still can't see the fact that our most hardened fans are best equipped to protect our future.
This doesn’t really make sense

How does less than half the eligible voters voting prove they’re all hardened? How is someone who has been a member continuously for 10,20,30,40,50 years not more of a hardened fan than someone who bought a voting membership last year?

Either way, as I mentioned before, Hawthorn let all members vote and have been much more successful than Collingwood in the last 50 years

Whether electing Browne has protected our future or not remains to be seen
If this keeps up I suspect it won’t matter how good a coach Craig McRae is. Hawthorn will be winning more premierships than we will over the next 20 years because it all starts at board level and the reality is, this board was elected by 5000 members out of it’s membership base of 82,000 members. Since I assume the newly elected board has some brains I would think it highly likely in the next year we’ll have genuine reform of membership voting rights to increase the number of eligible voters from the existing 12000 members.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

I doubt that. People who just got elected aren’t usually in a big hurry to ask a bunch of people who didn’t vote for them what they think
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Really still have not resolved anything still the same bs i guess. Same old same old.
Not exactly ground breaking moves on the board either.
I was expecting a more dynamic board.
its a bit of a re hash.