#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

It’s the middle of the night in the US…. Agree!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Fatui Attata wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:Breaking News

Jordan Degoey has been found guilty of charges and will serve a 3 month jail sentence at the Manhattan Detention Complex

I can't believe this has happened
I call bullshit ^^^^^^

Pigs will fly before that happens. 8) :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

2.30pm 18/1 New York time, soon you’d think!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

Adjourned again. Working on a deal.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jor ... 59pb4.html
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Little Wonder

Post by Little Wonder »

Just reported in the age- Collingwood footballer Jordan De Goey’s New York court case has been adjourned again until the end of the month.

Negotiations are continuing behind the scenes but it is expected that De Goey will take a deal on one harassment misdemeanour charge when the hearing resumes in the Manhattan Criminal Court at the end of next week.
VicParkTragic
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by VicParkTragic »

“harassment misdemeanour” - could be useful at centre bounces!
Living in Geelong, barracking for the 'pies!
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

"It now appears likely that remaining assault and attempted assault charges will be dropped for the lesser harassment charge. But Judge Swern warned Mr Kaplan that the possible deal hinged on a suitable program (in Australia) being found for De Goey to complete. “The offer will be contingent on your providing the information for the program and that program being acceptable,” she cautioned Mr Kaplan. The matter was adjourned until January 28." ~ The Age
E

Post by E »

MurderousMagpie wrote:Breaking News

Jordan Degoey has been found guilty of charges and will serve a 3 month jail sentence at the Manhattan Detention Complex

I can't believe this has happened
yeah, i heard he has to spend the entire 3 months and the same club with the scrub he is alleged to have harrassed.

this is what the charge of harrassment is here in New York in case you are wondering - Harassment happens when a person does something that may make another person feel uncomfortable, threatened or unsafe. for real.

There are about 10 people on this site who do that to me on a daily basis!!!

i told you this was going to be a nothing. The dope who had him charged now knows he has nothing and is trying to save face. since this is a nothing misdemeanor (i believe the sentence will be the judge saying to Jordan "Jordan, you have been a naughty boy, please don't do it again, ok!).

Reports are the judge will also ban Jordan from showing his outrageously fit body in clubs in Manhattan again for fear of the positive reaction it might have on every insecure man in New York's girlfriend!!!

Honestly, can we please just reinstate the kid so that we can have at least one elite player on our team????
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

If he is cleared to play for us, he has missed a whole chunk of pre-season with the team. He wont be on much value to us on-field initially anyway.

Of course he will be getting himself fit for the season, but he is missing the team drills etc under a new coaching regime.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

SteveH67 wrote:If he is cleared to play for us, he has missed a whole chunk of pre-season with the team. He wont be on much value to us on-field initially anyway.

Of course he will be getting himself fit for the season, but he is missing the team drills etc under a new coaching regime.
Oh please, he's a talented player, missing a few drills will have absolutely zero impact on his input.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Now can we let the kid play.
This is and will result in a nothing charge.
Let him join the playing group and get on with pre-season duties.

Post by #26 »

So adjourned until the 28th of January to give him time to enrol in an anger management course or the like, then if the judge approves of the course that should be the end of it

I'm still a little bit unclear about what actually happened.
E

Post by E »

#26 wrote:So adjourned until the 28th of January to give him time to enrol in an anger management course or the like, then if the judge approves of the course that should be the end of it

I'm still a little bit unclear about what actually happened.
two arrogant athletes go out for a night on the town and get hammered. They pay $5k so that they can get a table (otherwise they probably wouldn't have gotten in).

they are good looking athletes in the VIP section, thereby attracting the attention of probably 30 or so young women who like to associate with these types of people and of course get free drinks - we've never heard of THAT before! Girls probably loving it! Just having fun!

Everything going fine until one of the girls has a boyfriend who doesn't like what is going on and so sticks his nose in it. he and his buddy come over to play tough guys and the tatt guy loses his shit and fights back. Jordan helps. Becasue athlete and tatt guy much stronger, other two guys (who were the instigators) get roughed up a bit.

Even though they got roughed up, the bouncers protect the athlete and the tatt guy (because they were in the VIP area) and kick out the two other guys.

Turns out they are a little bit influential in the club scene (or maybe just have really good jobs) so they get cops to press charges by spinning a story. initially of sexual assault.

Charges slowly getting reduced to the "naughty boy slap on wrist" punishment.

What other fact pattern could their possibly be????
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

only 1 was an athlete, and only one is good looking.

your attitude is why the Me Too movement has gone into overdrive, and probably overkill.

"Misdemeanor harassment occurs when a person:

Willingly and without legal authority threatens to:
Immediately or in the future cause bodily harm to the threatened individual
Cause physical damage to the victim’s property
Confine or restrain the victim
Do other malicious acts and harm the threatened individual with respect to his or her safety or physical and mental health
Uses words and conducts that put the threatened person in reasonable fear that the threat will be carried out in the future"

working out a deal, ie, our court system is over run, so are our prisons, so we are happy to work out a deal. thats so far from not guilty its not funny.

hopefully its the wakeup call he needs, just like Swan got, but in no way is this a laughing matter, and your attitude stinks.

does this mean we dont have to worry about him damn up in the US again? will his visa be stamped please **** off?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!