#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Lazza wrote:
AJ wrote:
Quincy wrote: Don't blame Wrighty. He underpinned the sort of culture at Hawthorn that resulted in flags.
Ha arrived well and truly after their glory days. The only thing he is responsible for at Hawks is the state of their current list. A mess.
Dude I have lived long enough to smell the difference between a born wanker and a made wanker and you are definitely in the former group. Your type also have incredibly thin skins who get offended when challenged and confronted by the decent posters here. You don’t make a difference here, only parading yourself self crowned deadshit. I blame your parents for not guiding you the proper way.
Buuuurrrrnnnn!
themonk

Post by themonk »

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
AJ wrote: Ha arrived well and truly after their glory days. The only thing he is responsible for at Hawks is the state of their current list. A mess.
Dude I have lived long enough to smell the difference between a born wanker and a made wanker and you are definitely in the former group. Your type also have incredibly thin skins who get offended when challenged and confronted by the decent posters here. You don’t make a difference here, only parading yourself self crowned deadshit. I blame your parents for not guiding you the proper way.
Buuuurrrrnnnn!
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Piesnchess wrote:Hes back on deck, now pull up your socks Jordon, get your bloody act together, and knuckle down, you are still young enough to turn it all around, and stick it up your critics. Just do it. Now. Now. !
DON’T DRINK! DO!
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

mudlark wrote:Jordan De Goey will be a lifetime Collingwood player who will have all the naysayers eating their words after having a breakout year this season . I see all the legal "Experts" here saying they just wanted to "Sweep the charge under the carpet" to which I call horse crap. If there was definitive evidence of a bloke getting his head kicked in .he would still be in Rikers.THe "Forcible touching" charge was thrown out the next day because he probably caught her trying knock off his expensive bottle of booze, remembering she snuck into a restricted area and was less than politely told to %$^$%^&%% ORF, prompting the boyfriend to stick his head in and get it smacked.
If the charge was so grave, they would never have let him leave the US and it's patently obvious that the charge was less than reported but still warranted some type of penance, which ,it seems ,includes anger manage and community service. A far cry from a serious felony charge.
I for one ,am very glad he's back and fitter than he's ever been. It seems to have been lost in the haze that he went over to the states to get the fittest he's ever been ,at the expense of his sponsors and !Wonders never cease, had a weekend OFF to have some fun after weeks of being hard at it.I'm assuming his sponsors gave him leave.
His last 5 weeks of last season were just a glimpse of what's to come and if Collingwood supporters are happy to see that in a Richmond or Essendon jumper then …… speechless.
You've eloquently captured everything that's been rolling around in my head since this started. GREAT POST!! Thankyou Mudlark!
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ I don't think it's too useful to question the character of the victims. They are not known to us, several thousand kilometres away and never going to play for Collingwood.
And you KNOW this because??? What!!They live in America? I know who Joe Montana is. and we all know who OJ Simpson is.Why do you think no one would know who JDG is? The AFL is a world wide broadcast sport.

Post by #26 »

Can someone provide a link to something that details what ACTUALLY happened?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ mudlark, I don't know how you got any of that from my post, since I neither said nor suggested any such thing.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

mudlark wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ I don't think it's too useful to question the character of the victims. They are not known to us, several thousand kilometres away and never going to play for Collingwood.
And you KNOW this because??? What!!They live in America? I know who Joe Montana is. and we all know who OJ Simpson is.Why do you think no one would know who JDG is? The AFL is a world wide broadcast sport.
Hehe, that’s not what he meant but still seriously laughable!

Joe Montana net worth $150,000,000, all American super star, OJ is only worth $3,000,000 now but since he killed is ex wife in cold blood and was shown driving down the feeway with dozens of cop cars following him, oh and then there was his footy career! Compared to a potential top 10 AFL player, on $800,000 k a year .hmmm nah.

Even if they know footy they don’t know JDG. I’d say Dusty would be the most newsworthy player right now.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

There shouldn't be anymore sanctions for Jordan. According to the club, he has aleady done his time (stood down for 11 weeks). I think it was a good move by the club and should allow him to get in a solid 2 months of pre season, without all the outside noise of him having to be suspended or fined etc.
Handled pretty well, in my opinion. The club had no choice to stand him down, given his past, but let's hope we can all move forward now. Good luck to JDG, I hope he has a great year and he sticks with us.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

I agree. They stood him down til it was clear he wouldn’t do time.

I just really hope now he has the balls to earn his place and the respect of the club and supporters. He must be sick of wasting dollars on lawyers and things. Time to grow up and get fair dinkum
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

The one good thing about the Saga is that it drew all the attention. Meanwhile has anyone noted how healthy the list is? I can't remember the last pre-season when we weren't carrying multiple injuries.

Healthy, fresh young list and re-energised coaching panel could do anything. I'm excited to find out which way it goes.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ Shhhhhh, don't jinx us!!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by Pies2016 »

the fuzz wrote:There shouldn't be anymore sanctions for Jordan. According to the club, he has aleady done his time (stood down for 11 weeks). I think it was a good move by the club and should allow him to get in a solid 2 months of pre season, without all the outside noise of him having to be suspended or fined etc.
Handled pretty well, in my opinion. The club had no choice to stand him down, given his past, but let's hope we can all move forward now. Good luck to JDG, I hope he has a great year and he sticks with us.
Agree. This was far from his first incident and the one thing you can’t do, is to continue to treat repeat offenders the same way. The club responded by giving him a small taste of life without what he does best, play footy. I have no doubt the conversations would have been very one sided and unambiguous.
People can complain all they like about the way the club handled it or not but he’s now back, seemingly fit and without distractions. As of today, this now all about DeGoey, not the Collingwood football club.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I reckon under the circumstances, the club handled it very well. JDG now owes the club big time. It’s up to him to repay Collingwood through great on field performances, discipline and a positive attitude. Time to focus on his footy skills and talent and let his football do the talking.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'm glad it's over and I'm happy with how it's been handled, I just hope he's been able to maintain the fitness he went to the states to get, while not being allowed to train with the club.

Apparently he trained with the Forwards on Friday not the Midfielders, so we'll see where Fly intends to use him.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.