Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:https://www.iflscience.com/technology/company-offers-employees-pods-to-masturbate-in-complete-with-vr-headsets/
Look, I'd like to see afternoon siestas made mandatory first before we get to this, but this is a great idea and I'm 100% for it. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I wonder how many people have been caught in the process by an unexpected video call while working from home in the last 2 years. :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

:lol: oops.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

stui magpie wrote:Watching Pawnstars. It never ceases to amaze me how people think they can get retail price by selling something to a Pawn Shop.

FFS, their business model is basically buy at <50% of retail and aim to sell at retail.

If you want retail price, put it on Facebook or ebay
Stu, as you know - the general rule of thumb is that a pawnbroker will give you 20% of the value of said item, IF they think they can move it.

I'm sure the producers of Pawnstars tell all potential sellers to aim for the stars when haggling commences with the floor staff, as it creates dramatic tension for each scenario, as they seem to have 2-3 cameras present when recording.
I like it when they pre-call the experts in to authenticate and appraise items, if unsure of their worth; that's great arbitration!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
David

Post by David »

This utterly depressing new ad for Facebook's VR pivot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8lthAAjxZc

I think this YouTube comment sums it up best: "If you're circling the drain, and ready to go down, why not circle that drain one more time in Meta!?"

I'm genuinely excited about VR and its possibilities, but Zuckerberg seems to be doing his best to make it seem like part of a dystopian hell-future.

Post by #26 »

Driving through Fitzroy today, I saw campaign posters for a One Nation candidate who is running for the seat, of Melbourne, currently held by Adam Bandt. Stranger still was that no one had defaced the posters yet. I guess he's a chance if enough hipsters decide to vote for him ironically. :P

https://www.onenation.org.au/melbourne
David

Post by David »

Post by #26 »

Seems like a complete waste of time, considering that Adam Bandt got about 71% of the vote last time.
David

Post by David »

Post by #26 »

Delusions of grandeur, perhaps?

Or maybe the optics of having candidates in multiple seats are better than the optics of only having candidates in a handful of seats

Post by #26 »

They were talking about the death of Kimberley Kitching on the ABC this morning and Michael Roland finished the discussion by saying Labor Party politics is not for the faint hearted. :roll:
David

Post by David »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Pretty accurate summation of the HSU and Asmar.

Post by #26 »

David wrote:That seems like a pretty accurate statement, isn't it? Or is the eyeroll because it's an understatement?
The woman died from a heart attack.