Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

alexjvillani

Post by alexjvillani »

Just saw Nick Daicos fancies the Baggers... odds on him joining them XD
Smoking shadows behind the mirrors - Travis Cloke
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Thanks for that Dave. I watched the highlight package and noticed that while there was film of him marking around 50m out, the resulting kicks were not shown. Can’t he kick?
CakeWalkin

Re: Nick Daicos

Post by CakeWalkin »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
CakeWalkin wrote:Has been suggested he would be pick 1 in the draft or at least top 3.

Has there ever been a higher rated youngster incoming to Collingwood? Have you ever been more excited about a draftee than Nick Daicos?

For those who have seen him play please describe him using a comparison to Collingwood players past or present ( excluding his father )
Josh Fraser was rated very highly. He was a real no.1 draft pick, not just someone being hyped up on a supporter's bulletin board. I don't mean to sound negative, but those with the experience know how Adrian Kink and Victor Daicos were hyped. How did their careers go? I tend to treat rumours of brilliance by father/sons as I would if I heard that the elusive panther was living in your back yard.
Wow. Josh Fraser kicked 37 goals in 2002, that escapes my memory for some reason

He also kicked 3 goals against Essendon on anzac day 2010, How can i not remember this?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:Thanks for that Dave. I watched the highlight package and noticed that while there was film of him marking around 50m out, the resulting kicks were not shown. Can’t he kick?
This was Presti35's observation earlier in the thread:
Presti35 wrote:All's I can say about ND is that I saw him kick one from way outside 50 at Kardinia Park. And he is taller than his brother.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Nick Daicos

Post by K »

Lazza wrote:... We got some like Paul Tuddenham, Wes Fellowes and Jamie Turner but missed out on the sons of Craig Starcevitch and James Stewart.
I'm not sure Craig has a son. He does have a nephew playing for Brissy.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Craig has a son, Jackson. We didn't draft him. He did play for our VFL team, though. I've lost track of what he's doing, now.

Update: He was to play at Port Melbourne, this year: https://www.portmelbournefc.com.au/2020 ... e-borough/ .
Rick

Post by Rick »

Pies4shaw wrote:Craig has a son, Jackson. We didn't draft him. He did play for our VFL team, though. I've lost track of what he's doing, now.

Update: He was to play at Port Melbourne, this year: https://www.portmelbournefc.com.au/2020 ... e-borough/ .
Based purely on the fact he kicked 69 goals in 26 games, in surprised he didn’t play more games for the VFL side.

On another note, I recently saw that Ned McKeown has become one of the premier defenders in the lower Victorian leagues. He played a few VFL games straight out of U18s.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:Thanks for that Dave. I watched the highlight package and noticed that while there was film of him marking around 50m out, the resulting kicks were not shown. Can’t he kick?
Said to be a Reliable Ball User.

You can watch all Oakleigh Chargers Game in Full on Youtube from last year IF you want to see more
I am Da Man
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Pies4shaw wrote:
This was Presti35's observation earlier in the thread:
Presti35 wrote:All's I can say about ND is that I saw him kick one from way outside 50 at Kardinia Park. And he is taller than his brother.
Thanks for that but I was referring to Reef McInnis, not to Nick Daicos.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Oh, oops. At least we know Daicos2 can kick, though.
npalm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by npalm »

^ I can't imagine a universe in which a Daicos can't kick.
Side by side.
SonofRowdy

Post by SonofRowdy »

Stumbled across this somewhat recent YouTube video featuring an interview with our up and coming father son prospect Nick Daicos. Must say he is impressive in the way he carries himself - like his father and brother before him he possesses that Daicos family humility which belies the skills and excitement they bring to the football field.

Think we got one here.... going to follow this kids progress with interest... ;-)

Please enjoy:- https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ick+daicos
SteveH67

Father Sons - Nick Christian

Post by SteveH67 »

Anyone know much about Michael Christian's boy?

Apparently will be eligible as a F/S pick next draft.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/724913/
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 152 times

2022's draft family ties

Post by LaurieHolden »

Collingwood can collect another father-son in Nicky Christian, the son of 1990 premiership player and current AFL Match Review Officer Michael.
Nicky is a 195cm defender.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/724913/lion ... draft-crop
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers