#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Post by #26 »

^ Let's hope it continues and we tap into a bit of x-factor.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

think positive wrote:
#26 wrote:Nice work, P4S.

Sidey was asked about the changes at the club in his post match interview last night and he said "I'm happy now"

I've also heard a few people say that the players are enjoying having license to play with more freedom. Sounds like some of them found the previous set up a bit stifling.
when i went to training in january, the atmoshpere was so so different, so much happier, so less stressful, and i reckon that thats the way we played last night, with a bit of freedom to take a chance and not be regimented into following that awful $@&^# gameplan! we even, heaven forbid, went straight down the middle!!!

onya sidey, you stuck it up em!
Interesting observation - goes to show that Macrae is a relaxed character who is comfortable with people. Not sure the previous coach was like this. Certainly the style of footy is much better now
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Pies4shaw wrote:He plainly lacks Marley Williams' right foot.
Definitely lacks his left hook
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote:It's a matter of perspective, I guess. My NFL team has just given a $50 million per year contract to a 38-year-old quarterback who simply doesn't play in the pre-season, apparently because it's beneath him (as, one might politely say, it plainly is). Yet, here we were, apparently wondering - in all seriousness - whether one of the most-decorated and longest-serving players in the history of our great club is worth a game ahead of someone else, merely because the great didn't turn it on against Hawthorn in early March.
I got 2 words for ya: Carson Wentz. So save me your tales of quarterback woe
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

But he was smiling in the third quarter. Smiling!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:It's a matter of perspective, I guess. My NFL team has just given a $50 million per year contract to a 38-year-old quarterback who simply doesn't play in the pre-season, apparently because it's beneath him (as, one might politely say, it plainly is). Yet, here we were, apparently wondering - in all seriousness - whether one of the most-decorated and longest-serving players in the history of our great club is worth a game ahead of someone else, merely because the great didn't turn it on against Hawthorn in early March.
I got 2 words for ya: Carson Wentz. So save me your tales of quarterback woe
In what serious conversation are the words "quarterback" and "Carson Wentz" used in the same sentence? :lol:
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
duke750

Post by duke750 »

And I’m sure our 3rd premiership player would have led by example too, if he hadn’t been out injured.

Steele is a great club player
Magpies forever.
First Colligwood game: Western Oval 1960
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Oh yes Jordan Roughead a premiership player

I was actually talking of Collingwood premiership players but Roughy be great too for kids to learn off
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 62 times

Can Sidebottom become the 4th Magpie to hit 300?

Post by Presti35 »

A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

He may, but he needs two seasons id say, not sure if hes up to another yr after this one.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Piesnchess wrote:He may, but he needs two seasons id say, not sure if hes up to another yr after this one.
Agree but if he has a blinder of a season, the club may consider another extension. It is up to Sidey to impress and let his footy do the talking.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Six seasons with finals will see him comfortably to 400.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

With injuries, suspensions and “going missing”, he will be aged a sprightly 40 years or so by the time he might achieve this milestone
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

He averages over 20 games per season. He's already reached 265 games playing just 11 games in his first year as he broke into the side and only playing 9 games when he struggled with non-injury issues in 2020. He turned 31 last January.

He'll likely be on 285 games or so by the end of 2022 if he keeps form and fitness. From there, he only needs to play another 115 or so games in 6 seasons.

He'll probably give it away long before then (if he knew the rubbish people would post about him on Nick's, he would probably have retired before round 7 2009) but he could comfortably do it by age 37.

It is easily possible that he could comfortably pass Tony Shaw and move into 2nd place before the end of 2024, though (he's 48 games behind). Not much point wondering about whether he'll catch Pendles because Pendles will probably play until he's 50.