#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Looking at Presti’s career highlights in the O P, it’s a fair resume.
It’s ironic because I doubt if you would find an opposition supporter who has any criticism of Sidebottoms ability as a quality and extremely durable footballer.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Pies4shaw wrote: Not much point wondering about whether he'll catch Pendles because Pendles will probably play until he's 50.
Nah, he’ll be just entering his best years then
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies2016 wrote:Looking at Presti’s career highlights in the O P, it’s a fair resume.
It’s ironic because I doubt if you would find an opposition supporter who has any criticism of Sidebottoms ability as a quality and extremely durable footballer.
No, you wouldn't. It's just Collingwood supporters, dissatisfied that he isn't 8 inches taller, 10 kg heavier and twice as fast.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Can Sidebottom become the 4th Magpie to hit 300?

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

E

Post by E »

Piesnchess wrote:He may, but he needs two seasons id say, not sure if hes up to another yr after this one.
after watching his game in round 1, i would say he certainly could play at least 2 more seasons. He is mecurial.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:He may, but he needs two seasons id say, not sure if hes up to another yr after this one.
after watching his game in round 1, i would say he certainly could play at least 2 more seasons. He is mecurial.

Well, why not, look at Buddy, older again, and a bloody marvel. Just on Buddy none of us will ever see another 1000 goal player again, ever. Last night was a a moment in football history. :o :)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's been a very durable player, and a remarkably consistent performer. If he maintains his form, there's no reason why he couldn't play on in 2023 and join the 300 Club. However, at his age, it usually becomes a mental issue - will he still have the drive to keep going? Time will tell, but I reckon he'll love our current game plan and will want to snare another flag - maybe as early as next year!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I would have loved to have seen the reaction when Coventry kicked his 1000th. The obvious disparity of reaction would show way the media has changed how it presents “historical” moments and I guess the passion generated these days.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Piesnchess wrote:
E wrote:

Well, why not, look at Buddy, older again, and a bloody marvel. Just on Buddy none of us will ever see another 1000 goal player again, ever. Last night was a a moment in football history. :o :)
I was there and it was an incredible experience, can't see if ever happening again the way the game is played now
partypie

Post by partypie »

He was brilliant today even though he didn’t get a high number of possessions. He directed play and brought the younger players into the game
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Another BOG performance. Not bad for a fella "on his last legs". :roll:
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

RudeBoy wrote:Another BOG performance. Not bad for a fella "on his last legs". :roll:

All due respect mate he wasn’t our best last night
6 posters have agreed with you whilst 6 others didn’t give him a vote anywhere in there best 5
I think this shows it was a fairly equal all round team performance

Champion data has him ranked our 9th best player along with super coach and fantasy both 8 or 9
He was again solid and did some good things and was good at directing younger players which is equally important in the team development

Can he make 300 sure he can
Will he make 300 depends on how quick the club wants to push the youth factor
A lot will be dependent on how quick the young players develop this season and our cap position the club has made it clear they are looking long term so that could work against him
I stands to be corrected but isnt 2023 a option in the clubs favour on his contract ?
Anyways I’m pleased it seems all players are playing pretty good after 2 games
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Yep BOG, NOT to mention inspiring the kids when they were getting tired, deserves all the accolades he’s getting right now.

Unless you hate him for no reason
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Seems last year was just an aberration so he will make it to 300, no problem.
kill for collingwood!
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:Six seasons with finals will see him comfortably to 400.
how good would that be, it would break a certain poster, he’d be in an asylum!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!