Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

The whole mess is an interesting insight though into internal factional politics.

I have little doubt that the "mean girls" accusations are accurate, but also that there would be another side to that story which likely won't be told.

Albanese announcing an award in her honour felt like cringe worthy damage control to me, but others may feel different.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.

Post by #26 »

Get bullying out of politics? I wouldn't know where to begin. Or what politics without bullying would even look like.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

It's all the factional crap that irritates me, and yes it's true of both major parties.

These are the clowns we elect to govern the country and they're all flat out governing themselves.

Maybe we should ban lawyers and union officials from being in Parliament. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

The ALP would fail to exist, how great that would be
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

The kid who fell from the tower ride was 14, 6’5” 300 lbs, it was the only ride they let him on, clearly the safety bar was not fully down, you can see it as it’s about to leave. Seeing him fly through the air, The thump as he hits the ground, and then no one goes to check his pulse for ages, and yet he was still alive. They stand there arguing did you check did you check.

So many WTF’s here, including why is the complete video up? And why did I watch it all. Twice.

Sad, so damn sad, poor kid.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Geezus, that's a big 14 year old. What video?

My WTF is I had to visit a Kindergarten today for work. I knew that one of the children was high needs and a good climber who could apparently scale the fence in the blink of an eye.

I thought, good effort picturing something like a normal fence. Uh uh.

This is like a 3 metre+ pool fence, just metal bars with no hand or foot holds. :shock: This kid if not watched constantly can just go straight up this thing.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Bloody hell!

Google 14 year old falls off ride Orlando full video

He knew something was wrong, he said to his mate on the way up if I don’t make it tell my mum and dad I love them.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Had to go for a drive again today, in traffic I came up behind a little white shit box with the licence plate ARYANB.

My first reaction was Aryan Brotherhood? Nah, can't be. What kind of tool would put that on their car and why would Vic roads allow it?

Cruised up past them slowly stacking up at the lights, little middle age/old white male in the car alone wearing a surgical mask. :shock: :roll:

Did I miss something? Is there another probable meaning?
think positive

Post by think positive »

He’s wearing the mask because he’s embarrassed

Lot of people driving with masks on! Strange
David

Post by David »

I remember we once had a poster on here with the username 'aryan'. From memory he seemed pretty normal, stuck to football conversation and never posted anything that would indicate being a white supremacist. I wondered if it was just some guy whose last name was Ryan and first name started with A, and who had never twigged to the connotation. Or maybe I just try to presume the best about people and didn't want to confront the more obvious explanation, haha.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It's also a name of course, independent of the political connotations.
David

Post by David »

Good point! A popular name in Iran and India, according to Wikipedia. So I guess it is, somewhat fittingly, an unfortunate example of Western chauvinism on my part to not have considered that possibility. :mrgreen:
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

So, it could be a little like having "JESUSC" on your number plate in Mexico.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:Good point! A popular name in Iran and India, according to Wikipedia. So I guess it is, somewhat fittingly, an unfortunate example of Western chauvinism on my part to not have considered that possibility. :mrgreen:
Except that the driver was white. :wink: