Post Match. Pies down to WC . All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Collingwouldn't »

Big T wrote:Umpiring was shocking.
Exactly. It's always corrupt. When we lose.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Understandably alot of emotion here and I went ballistic when the umpire awarded a free against Maynard for his tackle against Ryan, spinning him around a couple times with ample time to dispose but then the umpire decides to reward Ryan... GAME OVER thanks numpty umpire!!!

This all happened 10 seconds after the ( to borrow from Piedys ) Hoskin- Idiot & Mung Cameron incident lol. Just on that.. Hoskin-Idiot had the run at the ball but should have pulled out when he saw Mung coming back with the flight of the ball, which could be seen as bravery by Mung given he had eyes only for the ball, but if Mung had awareness he could have known Hoskin- Idiot was there. 50/50 call. BTW should Pendlebury had a snap at goal instead of going wider to bring the ball back square?? game of inches..

We need KPF, we need more genuine quality midfielders, we need a couple Liam Ryans and a ruckman to relieve Grundy. The reason Grundy doesnt clunk his marks is because he looks like he doesnt have the energy to convict himself to get strength in his grip. It always looks like he is sticking his arms up for token effort. It really is hard for me to watch his attempts but is it really his fault given the ground he covers ?? hard to say.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Magpietothemax wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:^ I wouldn't even consider Ruscoe for the VFLW team at the moment.
That is disappointing. I really liked him last year.
It's also a bit unfair - he's injured and hasn't played for a couple of weeks.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Welcome to coaching Collingwood Fly
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Skids wrote:Time to put my rose coloured glasses away.... goodness me, that was deplorable.
As others have said, WHE and Cameron are done. WHE, when did he last play a serviceable game?

The free kick and goal when Rioli fell into the post... what the?
I saw at least 3 acts by wiggles players that would see a Pies player suspended, nothing mentioned.

When's the next cricket match start?
yeah agree. they staged all night and commentators just rolled on with no mention. i also didnt see much difference in DeGoey's takle as opposed to what Elliott copped, he's season is over and its play on as it should be but if they want to stay consistant well he needs to be reported. but he won't be.
no second chances
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

simon tonna wrote:
Skids wrote:Time to put my rose coloured glasses away.... goodness me, that was deplorable.
As others have said, WHE and Cameron are done. WHE, when did he last play a serviceable game?

The free kick and goal when Rioli fell into the post... what the?
I saw at least 3 acts by wiggles players that would see a Pies player suspended, nothing mentioned.

When's the next cricket match start?
yeah agree. they staged all night and commentators just rolled on with no mention. i also didnt see much difference in DeGoey's takle as opposed to what Elliott copped, he's season is over and its play on as it should be but if they want to stay consistant well he needs to be reported. but he won't be.
take off the rose coloured glasses

One was a sling tackle, the other a tackle
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Today was disappointing but not totally unexpected
We are young and learning a new style
We blew our chances in front of goals and that ultimately cost us the game
10-14 should have been a minimum of 16-8 from easy kickable goals
We missed a minimum of 6 goals that’s without counting the fumbles dropped marks when we didn’t get a shot on goal
Thought both Daicos brothers showed us what they can do
Maynard and Pendles were very good all day
IQ looks like he can really be that set up player off half back but needs to be more mindful of his opponent at times
Those who are kicking Moore need to watch the game again
Moore is a CHB not a fullback
His strength is leaving his man and playing 3rd man up or intercepting
Today the eagles forwards moved him around and took him deep where he made some poor decisions under the pump
They switched in and off him taking him deeper exposing smaller team mates on taller players
I’m don’t rate Magden at all like most but when you look at his stats he wins 62% of 1 on 1 contests compared to a former player in Langdon who won under 38% of his
His field kicking over 20m is 73% eff compared to Langdon’s of 22%
He averages 5 marks a game compared to Langdon at 5.3
His direct opponent scores on average 2.33 goals per game (league average since beginning of 2021 is 1.61) Langdon’s career average was 4.18 goals per game conceded (second worse recorded since he was drafted behind only Mackenzie of Suns and port fame who played over 75 games)
He asked to do what Langdon did play on taller or quicker players often due to injuries in the backline
Like Langdon he isn’t up to afl standard
Unlike Langdon his quicker across the ground and doesn’t constantly look to handball backwards or sideways to team mates under pressure
Ideally he won’t be playing when all players are fit

Look this was always going to be a rebuilding year and with that comes ups and downs
We could be 4-0 or 0-4 we are 2-2
If I had offered you 2-2 before a ball was bounced would you have taken it ?

Sidey WHE Brown Magden Cameron Noble won’t be in our next finals campaign
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Collingwouldn't »

Piesnchess wrote:Donnys enthusiastic Lets hear ya, leaves me cold after a terrible loss like that, im just numb, we had guys out, and they did, but i thought we may have outran them, and their old brigade just keeps tearing our arses. Back to the drawing board, looks like the Cats loss really knocked the shit out of us, but i expected a big effort tonight. Just so flat, Lions next week, unreal. Cameron must never play for us again, at least Cox has a go. Very concerning and very disappointing.
They're cats, not scats, meanwhile our arses are getting torn. Are you sure you're on the right site? Because there are sites out there, for fixations like yours ...
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

It's one of those Shiiite games, where you feel you should and could have won, you would have won… if only !!!. But you walk home shaking your head.

You can pick 10 players who should never play again, and you wonder how on earth can you win a game.

And the next week all is forgiven, you win like millionaire lol

A coach needs a loss to identify all the ways you need to improve. The last couple of weeks have given us a year of ideas... we will benefit.

Do we compare us to them > yes we could.. but we would only scratch the perception surface. I saw a lot I liked, and a few things which are clearer. The coaches see it too.

Heads up.. we are rebuilding with some excellent young kids.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

IQ ..... I believe people when they say IQ had a great game bc I can actually see it happening in my head...but I dont actually see it on the TV. Im honestly thinking that Im watching at the wrong times, or Ive turned my attention elsewhere for a couple seconds/minutes...fooked if I know
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

It was a bad game
Costly errors kicking for goal. We kicked badly last week and again today.
The last quarters are Also not great.
It will just take Macrae some time to fix things its simple as that. We are going to have good days and bad days.
The kids will be good and bad
Exprience older players will be good and bad.

Supporters need to just be patient
I have faith in the Club

We may earn a few good draft picks and hopefully somewhere along the line we may actually draft a KPF.
We are in desperate need of a forward and have been for a long time.

Keep the faith
The Great Macedonian Marvel
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Well Deserved Loss.

Destroyed On Field and Terrible Coaching.

No Positives

Going to be a Very Long Season
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I must say, the player I'm most disappointed in is WHE. Since his good 2018 season, he has not delivered much. A player with such silky skills and pace should be impacting the game much more, and more consistently. I've given up on him now. Better to give his spot to Poulter, at least for a few weeks.

Obviously, Moore will be better once Roughead returns. That should strengthen our defence considerably.

Apparently Johnson did a hammy in the ressies which is a shame, as I would have had him come in next week. From all accounts Cox was one of our best in the VFL, so he will no doubt replace Cameron, who was very disappointing tonight.

Btw, I'm not sure why Noble cops so much flak. Sure, he is very lightly built and often gets beaten by far bigger opponents, but he reads the play very well, has excellent skills and plays with courage. There would be 4 or 5 I'd drop before Noble....just saying.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Not sure if the Langdon bashing is called for, but the quality of the eagles forward entries were certainly a big part of their high scoring efficiency
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

selkevh wrote:5 day turnaround now.

This should be fun
We be lucky to get within 10 goals of the Lions
I am Da Man