#8 Heritier Lumumba

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ My take is he would like to see the Collingwood Football Club destroyed, totally. That is his real endgame now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Well if it means it’s now the club’s lawyers talking to his lawyers, and everyone else can get on with footy and living their lives whilst the lawyers sort it out, then it might be a good outcome for all involved.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Perhaps H is full of hate and maybe that’s completely warranted. I don’t understand the end game of pulling out though, taking at face value that the club is genuinely trying to change and improve itself.
It does read as if he (they) don’t so much care for the club improving rather that they are not changing their stance on what the club used to be and the racism there with. Or one could read this as H not getting the compensation he wants and will go lawyers at 10 paces. Or he genuinely doesn’t think the club is trying. We don’t know.
Last edited by Haff on Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Have Andrew Krakouer and Leon Davis said anything publicly?

All I have seen is Heretier Lumumbas twitter post talking for them.

Not that it is necessary for them to let everyone know they have cut off communication with the club, I just find it interesting that they are OK with it being broadcast on social media by someone else.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
David

Post by David »

^ They've backed him pretty consistently (and without qualification) on this, so I would be very surprised if they didn't give him the thumbs up ahead of time.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

OK.

Maybe this does need to go down the legal track for the three players to get the outcome they wish. That however may mean naming and shaming the individuals who made particular comments or did not act appropriately, something Heretier has been reticent to do so far - apart from Eddie and Bucks.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Like it good old Harry O reminds me of the 2010 grand final he is a Collingwood premiership player harry o
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Name the players and specific incidents or bugger off.
- Side By Side -
Prometheus
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Prometheus »

""My take is he would like to see the Collingwood Football Club destroyed, totally. That is his real endgame now.""

I think Harry has a persecution complex and wants his "Metoo" moment and to also make a great big bunch of cash out of it via a payout.

Then he can piss right off and fade away into irrelevance where he belongs... but I doubt it. He will continue to milk it for all it's worth.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Lumumba is a pure narcissist, plain and simple. He has never really been concerned about racism, social equality or any other issue, except in regards to how they can draw attention to himself.

I loved him as a player, but as a human being he is a great disappointment.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Have I missed something? Is there some sort of lawsuit instigated by Davis and Krakouer? Have they said something publicly and I’ve missed it?
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Seth wrote:Have I missed something? Is there some sort of lawsuit instigated by Davis and Krakouer? Have they said something publicly and I’ve missed it?
Media Making Stuff Up to Shit on Collingwood again
I am Da Man
Hiss
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Collingwood must ensure all lines of communication are opened again . We need to do better and ensure these departed magnificent servants of our Club are embraced, supported, and compensated for the suffering they have allegedly endured. We should apologise again that relations have deteriorated to this extent where these wonderful servants of our Club were forced into making this announcement. Anyone that can’t work out what is required here just doesn’t get it. Collingwood need to get this right or risk having its AFL licence suspended or match point penalties applied.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.