Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Basically the first small Collingwood forward that knows to get front and square since Krak and Medders.
Get back on top.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

11-year-old JACK GINNIVAN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

^^ 2014. :oops:

When Mark McGough won his medal, Jack was still 8 months from being born. Make me feel old as sht.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

What a character! Love his work, and looks to play well with the Terminator McCreery, who will need another week to get the pace of the game again..although he got close a few times yesterday!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I have no problem with someone being a showman as long as they back it up with performance.

Be a showman without being to deliver on field, your time on stage will be very short, but listening to Pendles and Fly talk about him, he's the real deal in attitude to training, works hard and goes hard.

My view from afar is that he isn't trying to put himself out there in some fake marketing stunt, he's just being himself, so any antics aren''t a distraction from his job as a footballer, it's just raw emotion.

Good luck to the kid, I really like his style.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

dalyc wrote:Personally, I don’t think players should engage negatively with the crowd. It can get out of hand very quickly. A shoosh becomes a one finger salute becomes a patron throwing something at a player.

Stop it all now.
Yep, let’s have a team of boring robots. I don’t care what he does as long as he kicks goals.
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

It was evident at the post-game presser that Fly backs him to the hilt & is encouraging our guys to not be afraid to be themselves & express themselves like this in the game.
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

He works bloody hard. He chases, he tackles., he smothers, he spoils. He can mouth off all he wants. If he kicks a few goals all the better for him, but it’s his work rate that gives him license to talk.

There aren’t too many cherry pockets left in the game, for example no one would stomach Milne mouthing off would they? :p

- Ben
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Rising Star nominee for Rd 6.

Well done young man!!!
- Side By Side -
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Anybody else think he looks like Leonardo DeCaprio..Catch me if you can
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

I don't think he did anything bad. I think it's been overplayed a little bit.
He did the 'shoosh' to the bombers crowd as they were booing and yelling all kinds of things at him, but players do that all the time.
And he celebrated goals on Anzac day in front of 85,000. Who wouldn't.
Great player. Im glad he's a Pie.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

[quote="skaman"]Anybody else think he looks like Leonardo DeCaprio..Catch me if you can
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

neil wrote:What we have is the type of player Collngwood fans will love and every other teams fans will hate
Absolutely! In fact the first time he bleached his hair, I had no idea who the player was. Thought he was an inclusion from the seconds (impossible) Then recognising him brought a big smile and since I was starting to like the way he played. Now we know he loves the stage and plays to it. Exciting times!
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Jack Ginnivan rising star nomination

Post by Harrysz »

Jack Ginnivan is the round 6 rising star nominee.
I thought it might be worth mentioning.